Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Friendship Day

Twilight Sparkle

Hello My Little Ponies 
Today on Friendship Day. I challenge you all to share a friendships lesson. 
As I grow into my role as ruling Princess of Equestria I am going to walk in @Princess Celestias hoofsteps and 

seek to learn of the magic of friendship through other ponies eyes. 
Share your lessons here. You can even do it in letter format like I did. 
Dear Princess Celestia, by Shakespearicles

• Brohoof 7

• This topic was featured and pinned

I don't know if i did everything correctly, but here is a friendship lesson that i really love it from Pinkie Pie on episode "Too Many Pinkie Pies":

Dear Princess Celestia,

It's great to have fun, but it's even greater to have great friends. And having lots of friends means that you sometimes have to make choices as to who you'll spend your time with. But that's okay, because good friends will always give you lots of opportunities to have fun. So even if you're missing out, it's never for long.

Respectfully yours,

Pinkie Pie. 

But of course, i love all the lessons from the show! :wub:

• Brohoof 1

Well Twi, I think everything I've learned I owe to you and your friends. :kindness:  I could go on for hours talking about the things that all of you have taught me and so many others over the last nine-and-a-half years. You can definitely say them way better than I can. :please: Thanks to all of you, I've become a much better person. I no longer get angry, I don't insult others and I'm just happier in general.  :ooh: 

To you and your friends, I hope you know that you have taught me every Friendship Lesson I ever needed to know, I love you all forever. :wub:

From your friend, Tom Gallagher.

Edited by TomDaBombMLP
  • Brohoof 1

Hmm,

So when i was younger i remember there was this guy who was being bullied by others because of the way he dressed, it was mostly because of the fact that his family couldn't afford to give him better clothing, so he would often be wearing things that weren't the most up to par with the time, or they were torn or otherwise seemingly not the best. Anyways, this would progress down the line, as i figured his "friends" would do something to fix this problem. As i assume friends are supposed to be there for one other, be accepting, and also be a voice of reason in ones delusions.

When i entered grade 7 he was still in a sort of same scenario as the entire situation just carried on because of the fact that they were holding it against him, He was "easy" to bully because of his rather emotional responses and weakness to it. Though he did change up his fashion and more when his family did better, it was still in the end the same bullies that seemed to cluster around him. His "friends" however, now joined the bullies. They didn't wish to be part of the bullying or they were just thinking it was funny.

So i couldn't take it anymore, and approached him at first while he was alone, not to shame him in front of his "friends". I asked him why did he keep people like that around him when all they did was beat him down or try to use other means to cause harm. His response was "Because they are my friends, and it's how it goes right? They aren't wrong."

I decided to change that, as i knew that friendship isn't something that was like that. Yes, there is teasing, make funs and other things for fun. There are many interesting and complex friendships but that wasn't right. So, my friends and i made it our goal for that year to figure out the problem and deal with it. We found out that the bullies were his friends were as i stated above not wanting to be bullied. While they felt bad for what they did they didn't wish to be bullied. We also met up with the bullies and dealt with them accordingly. In the end, we managed to get back his friends to normal. Helping them rekindle their relationship and giving them the tools they need for their friendship to potentially stay strong. They stayed as friends for atleast the rest of school.

Wait, was this supposed to be my favorite episode friendship lesson? XD oh hmm...

I think i enjoyed the episode with the Sisters learning that both their jobs were complex and important. That not either of them had it worse or better than the other, and learning to accept that.

(From "It's About Time")

Spike: I don't get it. If future Twilight wasn't warning you about a disaster, then what was she trying to tell you?
Twilight Sparkle: [giggles] I don't know. But I do know one thing. I look ridiculous.
Spike and Twilight Sparkle: [laughing]
Spike: Yeah, you do!
Twilight Sparkle: And it's all because I couldn't stop worrying and let the future handle itself! Well, not any more. From now on, I'm gonna solve problems as they come, and stop worrying about every little thing!
  • Brohoof 2

I think for me, I've really been able to open up my eyes a bit these past few years that I've been involved in this community and really see how much my life was missing when it came to being able to interact with others about something that your passionate about, and how amazing that feeling can be. I was never into sports or band or anything like that in school, so I was kinda always alone and a bit of an outcast. I'm into gardening, but not many other kids are into that :muffins: But then I found MLP, and I found a large community to go with it. At first I was way more into the show than I was the community, but as the years go on, in all honesty while the show is amazing and great, I really think I'm sticking around for the community and all of the amazing people I've met and the experiences I've been able to have. I literally would not have had so many experiences (like going to my first ever convention last year or meeting professional voice actors) or have met any of the amazing people on forums like on here and in other places had it not been for this show and the community that it spawned. It's truly something special and I'l never trade my time in this community for anything ever! :squee: I look back now and I can see how before my life just didn't have an anchor to it, like I was aimlessly floating around before with nothing to be attached too. But this show changed all that, this community, the wonderful people within this community changed that. And I'm glad that they did, you guys are all so awesome! It's so wonderful to be a part of something bigger than just myself, and I can't wait to see where we all go in the future! :wub: 

• Brohoof 2

Well, here's an old post from an episode that was very relatable to me: Flutter Brutter

That scene between the Mane Pegasi and Zephyr in the forest mirrors my parents and me in real life:

(Black text are the same words and actions of both the Ponies and my real life.)

A frustrated Zephyr angrily wrecks his camp site after failing to start a simple fire/ A frustrated me angrily slams on the keyboard trying to finish a final essay for college class, but can't find the content needed. (In fact, as this episodes airs, I actually HAVE final essays due within the next week before college is out for the summer, and honestly, I've been doing horrible this semester; the worst I've ever done since being in college these past 3-4 years. I'm likely going to get a Final F grades on the classes I've taken this semester) Also, I'm worried I won't be able to find a job this summer. I had a part time job last summer, but it was given to me as part of a summer program that I'm now too old for.

Zephyr/Me: (sighs) I can't do this. I can't do anything (buries face in hooves/hands)

Shy/my parents: Zephyr/William, You're smart and talented. you could do anything if you just tried.

Zephyr/Me: And what if I give everything I have and still fail? Honestly, I think it's better not to try at all. (In my case, What if I have give everything I have on these upcoming final essays and still fail the classes? I think it's better not to finish the essays at all.)

Dash/my parents: But then you won't ever do anything.

Zephyr/Me: I don't expect you two to understand. I mean when have you ever fail? You've literally helped saved Equestria a dozen times/Dad, you got a award for perfect service working for UPS for over 35 years. Debbie (My stepmom), you've graduated from college.

Shy/my parents: And I was worried that I'd fail everytime/ (Debbie shows a spreadsheet of her final grades throughout college; some of which were F's. Dad also reveals he got that award, even though he's been late for work once due to a freeway accident beyond his control) Sometimes you have to do things even though you might fail. (Friendship lesson in a simple sentence)

Zephyr/Me: But failing is the worst.

Shy/my parents: And quitting doesn't feel much better, does it?

Zephyr/Me: No.

Thanks to that episode I was able to graduate from University just as Zephyr Breeze was able to graduate from Mane Therapy training.

• Brohoof 1

Well Twi, there are so many things that I have learned. 

One thing that I've learned is that friends always assure you that everything is going to be okay when you think the opposite. 

I wen to Universal Studios a few years ago, and this teenage boy just about 13 was in a split decision whether to ride or not ride Revenge of the Mummy. I had already rode it like 3 or 4 times and I just couldn't get enough of it. He's nervous about the speed, the effects and the fact you can't see the track since it's almost in total darkness. Every time he worked himself up, I assured that everything was going to be okay. He almost chickened out right when we were about to board the coaster, but I managed to get him on, and with my trust in his hands, I walked him through every single detail of the ride, from start to finish. In the end, he had a big smile on his face and his father thanked me for providing his son with a memorable experience. 

• Brohoof 2

Dear Princess of Friendship. 

Today I learned that we have a Friendship Day here at the forum.

And that's all. I haven't really had any friendship problems to solve lately. I say that is good, however it can also mean I don't have any friends

Hmm lessons

Proper boundaries with others is important. Recognising who your real friends are. As part of making friends sometimes you have to let go. Other times you got to really put effort in. In fact people are not obliged to keep being friends with you if they do not enjoy it or have time. :( but you carry on and keep learning and meeting new friends.

• Brohoof 2

I am telling, it should have been Starlight! Let me go...

Starlight Glimmer should have been Princess of Friendship! *gets pulled away by royal guards*

• Brohoof 1

I've learned that hope can easily be taken away. Just as easily as it can be given. However, as long as you don't give up on hope, then hope will always be with you to keep you strong. I've always learned that friendship can really come from just about anywhere. Along with your true friends will always be with you and there for you, no matter what.

• Brohoof 2

Learn to let your friends go. Life is a very complicated and unpredictable thing, there can be numerous of reasons why they can lost interest in you, don't take it as betrayal, don't make drama of it and move on. I have a friend who lost hope in friendship because of this and now she's very closed and protective person

Also it doesn't mean that your ex-friends were fake friends, they just aren't your BFF

Edited by Vefka
  • Brohoof 4

Always be your true self and your true friends will love and appreciate you for it. Never lose sight of what holds you together. If you slip away and can't find your way, love will always pull you back. And if you lose the light of love and friendship, just let all your love out and you'll find it again. As long as you keep holding onto love, you'll have the power to do anything because when you share love with someone, you build each other up endlessly and you can reach anything. Love is always the answer. If you ever lose sight of it, it's always waiting for you to come back to it, and all you have to do is shine your love and the love of others will find you.

• Brohoof 1

Dear Princess Celestsria, 

What I learned during my time here on this community, is to learn how to be more open around others and trusting others. I always feel insecure about sharing my feelings irl and here as well. But seeing how others opening themselves and talk it over makes me feel more comfortable around people. I still need some time for improvements but I will never forget how awesome and nice this community is to me and I always like to return the favors!  

• Brohoof 1

Dear princess twitwi

Today I learned that you don't have to be good at something to enjoy it. Just do whatever you always wanted to do because you could just miss out on things only because you were too ashamed to try and we only have one chance at being conscious in this universe to then probably disappear forever (according to some). You can even get better with time and practice so yeah, that's cool. So try things out, make some space to do it, and don't be too lazy...

...Unless you are pinkie pie and your hobby involves destroying others livelihoods and step on others rights to have a fulfilling and reparatory sleep. You should choose another activity then.