Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How Did Your Parents Meet?

SharpWit

Some of the best stories are origins, and MLP has shown that through the start of the Apple Family as we know them through Bright Mac and Pear Butter. Our lives truly began with that of our parents, so how did yours meet?

151515740_2020-08-1310_14_40.thumb.png.21c6e05785882ae54cee8f77c9419932.png

Feel free to include how you've met your significant other as well if you'd like!

My understanding is that my mother and father met each other briefly as coworkers and shortly began dating. After a while they moved in with each other and within 6 months of their relationship they were married! They had me after about a year but there were problems so they divorced when I was two. Plenty has happened since but this isn't the place for my entire life story, lol.

My parents aren't together anymore, and they have been enemies since before I was born. No need to make some romantic story how they met :dry:

Edited by Splashee®

I think it was some Bingo place. Not sure why or how. Isn't Bingo for old people? I might have slightly misheard.

Edited by WWolf

My mom told me that she was out with her girlfriends. They were riding around in a convertible and stopped for gas. My mom saw my dad working there, and told her friends "Some day I'll marry him!" It turned out that they lived their whole lives only blocks away from each other but never saw each other. They met again, and my dad asked her out. The rest is history!

• Brohoof 1

My mom was living with a friend of hers and my dad happened to be good buddies with my mom's friend's boyfriend (if that makes sense). He came over to their apartment one day and met my mom, it was pretty much love at first sight and the rest was history. I was born 5 years later. :Pharynx:

• Brohoof 2

Knowing how incompatible my parents are, it is almost too scary to try to think about how or why they met. I am a younger brother as well, meaning there is a gap in time when he'll actually froze over? Impossible but here I am!

• 7 months later...

Well mine have an interesting story I would say my mom was very into cars and music. So she would spend money on obviously her car and sound system back then it was fairly common to show off your equipment. Meanwhile my father who was somewhat into cars as well not as much as my mon was as he was more into trucks but either way he was cruising with his friends when they see these cuties driving around town. They give them a little chase and eventually they stop to show off each others audio system in their cars. I mean both of them were into music and both of them were into cars so it kind of just clicked from there. This is from a time that people actually needed personality to stand up not just nice tinder pictures so people back then actually met each other talked and dated.

• Brohoof 2

I never asked, all I know is my dad wanted to to marry my mom right off the bat and so boom, the marriage was rushed and now they're just constantly giving each other troubles and arguing. :maud:

• 1 month later...