general Simple pleasures in everyday life

Divine plywood

Sometimes the best things aren't nothing too special, rather the opposite.

Are there some normal, average things that makes you feel happy or for some unexplainable reason  give you joy? I, for one, have always found ironing clothes strangely relaxing. Warmth of newly printed paper is also something that never ceases to delight me :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 4

Definitely. Also, I like the warmth of clothes fresh out of the dryer. And washing dishes with a sponge, cleaning and organizing when the tasks feel manageable, and exchanging friendly words with acquaintances whom I barely talk to. And also home-cooked meals. And eating good meals, in general. :Daydreaming:

• Brohoof 2

37 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Reading between loads while doing the laundry. It just seems so peaceful.

I actually feel pressured when reading between loads.. what if it was important and i wasnt fast enough to read it... And the text is a freakin novel.... 

Loading screen on games that is hahahaha

:laugh:

Edited by Kujamih
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Kujamih said:

I actually feel pressured when reading between loads.. what if it was important and i wasnt fast enough to read it... And the text is a freakin novel.... 

Loading screen on games that is hahahaha

:laugh:

I don't read between loads since I have a washer and dryer at my house as you know. I keep them clean and in tip top shape.

I'll show you them for no reason, lol.

8FE89E96-C703-4CA5-81C1-1BB1BC205F3A.jpeg?width=843&height=632

0645022D-BA74-4702-8F65-ABAF7C0BE2BF.jpeg?width=843&height=632
64AA2105-8C98-4955-A240-9489560A7A72.jpeg?width=843&height=632

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Califorum said:

I don't read between loads since I have a washer and dryer at my house as you know. I keep them clean and in tip top shape.

I'll show you them for no reason, lol.

8FE89E96-C703-4CA5-81C1-1BB1BC205F3A.jpeg?width=843&height=632

0645022D-BA74-4702-8F65-ABAF7C0BE2BF.jpeg?width=843&height=632
64AA2105-8C98-4955-A240-9489560A7A72.jpeg?width=843&height=632

I have a washer and dryer in my house. I like to relax between loads though. I do keep mine clean too!

• Brohoof 1

Being in a long distance relationship made me realise I miss the simpler things way more than I do the most unique. Although I treasure moments such as him and I visiting specific sites or celebrating certain events, I mostly miss just having the other person around, talking to them face to face or just holding hands.

Other than that, stretching in bed, hugging my dog, watching some Youtube videos, etc. bring me some bits of happiness throughout the day.

• Brohoof 1

The list is endless but I had two little things to appreciate last night. The first being able to truly enjoy music with base and no background noise for the first time in over a month since I lost my headphones, and the other being the smiles I witnessed as my girlfriend pet my cat.

I'm not quite sure how to describe this feeling, it's like the feeling of safety and comfort when there's a rain, storm or night outside.

Also wake up an hour earlier just to give yourself time to gradually leave the bed

• Brohoof 1