Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your least favourite thing about the G5 movie?

Star Flame

I'm curious, what is the thing you liked the least?

For me, it was the fact that the villain wasn't threatening enough. Seriously, if he was so scared of the other pony races, why wasn't he more.. I don't know, more aggressive when he saw queen Haven, her guards, Alphabittle and other unicorns in maretime bay? I wish he was more threatening. Because right now, he's nothing compared to Chrysalis, Sombra, or Tirek. Maybe he'll be more threatening in the show?

• Brohoof 1

I personally felt like it was way to rushed in some parts. Which made it feel lacking in the story. Like build the relationship of the ponies more. Like with Sunnys dad they killed his off to fast. And at the end where Sunnyside alacorn form was transparent what was up with that. Elaborate on it and pj other things. 

• Brohoof 4

While I love their expressive faces, the thing I liked the least are the background ponies tend to be hard to stand out. Hell, they now look so androgynous mares and stallions are also hard to tell apart :lostit:. Their less vibrant colors don’t do them any favors either  :dash:

• Brohoof 4

The ending felt like it jerked the audience around: first the crystals are important, then they’re not, then they turn Sunny into an alicorn.  Make up your mind!!

Sunny’s epiphany that bringing ponies of all three tribes together is the real magic also seemed to come out of nowhere.  I have a whole thread on how the ending could’ve been done better and wrapped the movie up in a far more satisfying way.

Apart from that, I thought the movie was good overall.   I mean, there have been way better villains than Sprout, but he didn’t wreck the movie as far as I’m concerned.

• Brohoof 2

One thing I didn't like was I felt like they didn't give Pipp Petals much to do or say compared to her sister, Zipp Storm. 

I also didn't understand the ending but I guess we'll get answers in the upcoming series.

• Brohoof 1

My least favorite things about the G5 movie was for three things:

- The way they handled Pipp was underwhelming. Make her a token social media star really bogs down her character for me and she had potential to have really great sister bond with Zipp, the movie never did. Hopefully the series developed her more.

- Sprout was kinda a weak villian and he's pretty forgettable, too.

- The ending was rushed, but I can somewhat forgive it because this is a pilot for the special and the series, so I can forgive it.

Bonus: Even though it's nice to have G4 references in G5, I hope the series don't rely too much on it because I want to stand out on its own. Not to be reminded of the previous incarnation already exists.

• Brohoof 5

The rap number was my absolute "least" favorite thing :yuck:. It still was better than Equestria Girls I'm on a yacht :mlp_gag:, but worse than the rap number Pinkie did in Equestria Girls Dance Magic .

• Brohoof 2

The fact that we weren't given any explanations on how Equestria became the way it is. I wished they had gone into more detail and perhaps removed some of the more unnecessary scenes.

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

While I love their expressive faces, the thing I liked the least are the background ponies tend to be hard to stand out. Hell, they now look so androgynous mares and stallions are also hard to tell apart :lostit:. Their less vibrant colors don’t do them any favors either  :dash:

I somewhat agree. During the unicorn attack scene I kept thinking I thought the same gray Earth Pony with blonde hair in several different places. Either there's a whole family of gray Pony clones or they were just being a little lazy

• Brohoof 2

Everything that has been said already. All the unanswered questions are really irritating, Sprout was a remarkably forgettable villain, the movie felt very restricted to only a few locations and the ending was wayyyyyy too rushed. Twilight took three years to become an alicorn and here it took what? A week? And nopony there cares about it!

I hope the Mane Six get another cameo because the one we got was perfect and beautiful, I just wish it didn't end the way it did. 

• Brohoof 1

Karen. :nom:

2708824.png

Sorry, but...I don't hate Sprout. His mama's boy schtick was probably my second least favorite thing about the movie, but at least they explained why he was evil and had him gradually progress from being a brat, to a jerk, to a dictator. Despite "becoming worse" than his mother, his mother does still owe a lot of blame. Also, that opening gag with him making Rarity evil, I personally found that hilarious. :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

I hope the Mane Six get another cameo because the one we got was perfect and beautiful, I just wish it didn't end the way it did. 

You do realize that nothing can remain perfect forever. If everything was perfect forever and ever then there'd be nothing to strive for and nothing worth fighting for. Why there was a peaceful time for quite a while before the history of the realm started to take a Downturn and that's natural.

The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time which ended with Princess Zelda saying "peace will return to Hyrule... for a time" along with what happens in the later games of the Legend of Zelda timeline taught me that danger and bad times will always be inevitable. There were always some periods of Peace but the parts of the Legend of Zelda that were playable and viewable were the parts where Hyrule's fate was at stake. Same thing applies to this world of Equestria

My least favorite thing about this movie is most likely the fact that the characters weren't developed enough, specifically Pipp. I understand that in a movie that's 1 hour and 30 minutes long, you aren't going to have enough time to develop all the characters, and that there is a show coming that will most likely develop the characters more, but I would rather have been introduced to only 3 of the 5 main characters with plenty of room for those characters to develop than to be introduced to all of them with hardly any room for character development.

Regardless of what I said, I am content with the character development that we got, and that all of the main characters were introduced at first. I say that the lack of character development is my least favorite thing about this movie, but that doesn't mean I hate it and completely disagree with what the writers did.

• Brohoof 4

5 hours ago, RaphLuna said:

You can have the best animation. But if the story is rushed and the music is Crap it ruins the whole experience. 

Told you so. The only thing good about this movie is animation flow.  

You know, I have a lot of issues with this movie, many of which I won't bring up here.  But one thing I don't have an issue with is the music, which I thought was quite well done.  I suppose on this we disagree.

• Brohoof 1

I guess my view won't be popular, but I really don't like that they felt the need to pit the different races of pony against each other.  That's feeling a bit too close to a real world situation. If I had to pick a favorite from the movie, it's easily Izzy.

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Karen. :nom:

2708824.png

Sorry, but...I don't hate Sprout. His mama's boy schtick was probably my second least favorite thing about the movie, but at least they explained why he was evil and had him gradually progress from being a brat, to a jerk, to a dictator. Despite "becoming worse" than his mother, his mother does still owe a lot of blame. Also, that opening gag with him making Rarity evil, I personally found that hilarious. :ButtercupLaugh:

She worries about her kid being brainwashed. But she was the one doing the brainwashing in the first place.  Not to mention profiting off fear. Kind of reminds me of the gong show going on in our societies right now.  

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, Adariousmist said:

You know, I have a lot of issues with this movie, many of which I won't bring up here.  But one thing I don't have an issue with is the music, which I thought was quite well done.  I suppose on this we disagree.

Hey That’s cool everyone has their own personal taste in music. 

• Brohoof 1