Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cold Showers, Yay! or N-n-neigh!

LovingTolerance

I'd prefer hot showers mostly, though cold showers are best during the summer and even any time of the year if any of us want to wake ourselves up in the morning. Since there have been scientifically-proven studies that have shown that cold showers can be beneficial for our health as it'll promote faster blood flow after we finish our cold showers.

• Brohoof 1

Almost every shower I've taken this year has ended up being cold whether or not it started that way. The only exceptions are when Im sick or showering just before bed.

But when I crank the cold to max and I feel the icy water sting as my skin turns red and tight it gives me a boost like almost nothing else. It's an exhilarating experience that makes you feel alive. It's not comfortable, but it's worth it. Mind over matter.

• 7 months later...

NEIGH!!!

A few months ago, our heater was broken, and I was showering as it got colder and colder. Eventually I was screaming in pain! I can deal with this torture, already standing in the shower as it gets colder, but taking another shower knowing it would be as cold, I couldn't do it! Thankfully we had out heater fixed again pretty soon after that.

• Brohoof 1

Cold showers are great. After a long night of work coming home and then doing school work. With class right in the morning for a few hours. Nothing wakes me up more than a freezing cold shower that makes me wish I wasn’t taking a shower lol.

Even when that’s not the case I still change the water to cold at the end of every shower so my hair doesn’t hold the heat. I have bleached hair that was over processed when it was done. It’s been a long process of getting my hair to a    “normal”state. Whatever I can do to keep it this way/help it I will

If I’ve been in the heat, I’ll take a “cool” shower where the water is probably that which you’d find at the pool (not ice cold, not warm). Sometimes I’ll take a relatively cold shower if I’ve been beat by the heat well enough.

• 7 months later...

I generally don’t like cold showers, but when it’s blistering hot outside and I’ve been exposed to too much sun, I like to get into a cold shower and let that freezing water draw all that heat from my skin and bones. I always feel better after that. But just on its own, without a reason like heading off heatstroke, it isn’t very pleasant. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...