Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why doesn't Applejack get any love?

Jesse20

i was looking through fimfiction yesterday and saw that there were very few romance stories including the main character and applejack what gives.

Dude... If you want an amazing fiction that revolves around Applejack as a main character, then go read the fiction Yours Truly. Currently my favourite fiction. It is beautifully written and I haven't been able to get it out of my head since I read it. Follow this link.

Honestly fictions don't get any better than this and one of the main characters is Applejack.

• Brohoof 1

I always liked Applejack well not like like *Luriellieface.jpg* but maybe it's because people aren't that interested in writing fanfics about her, or maybe they think that just a cowgirl that works on a farm can't get any real love from some stallion, but I do belieave they're mistaken.

AJ also has a workaholic side of her and her relationship to her siblings can be interesting. We also know that she once lived in Manehattan.

By the way, I think Fluttershy has the cheapest character development. She overcomes her fears...just to be as shy as before in the next episode.

While true, I believe we only see this workaholic side once, in Applebuck Season. After that, AJ is just as bland as any other pony. Fluttershy also has pitiful character development, but some of the audience can relate to her easily. Her relationship to her siblings is special at times, yes, but Rarity also has a little sister and what not, so I feel as though it's nothing special. In short, AJ has poor development, and may as well be a background pony. We'll find someone else who can take on the Element of Harmony: Honesty (which we only see once in the whole series in the second episode).

We'll find someone else who can take on the Element of Harmony: Honesty (which we only see once in the whole series in the second episode).

None of us want her to be replaced as a solution to this problem.

They just need to work on her more and give her better roles. They don't seem to realize that, though. -_-

None of us want her to be replaced as a solution to this problem.

They just need to work on her more and give her better roles. They don't seem to realize that, though. -_-

I don't mean to say that someone else should. All I'm saying is that AJ is so underdeveloped that she may as well be background pony.

I don't mean to say that someone else should. All I'm saying is that AJ is so underdeveloped that she may as well be background pony.

If Hasbro ever put AJ as a background pony, I would drop-kick a bitch. She just needs some more love in Season 3. The BEST type of love they can give her is give her an entire episode BUT no Derpy or anything like that AND she gets her own song :wub: x200.

• Brohoof 2

Well we ALL know spas-ticShotty and Clarity are the best AJ fans on the forum.

Anyways I love AppleJack and her accent. It makes her so adorable. :wub:

I love ALL of the ponies equally anyways. lulz

• Brohoof 2

Applejack is my second favourite pony, right behind Fluttershy. I seriously hope Applejack get's more action in season 3. Her own episode not destroyed by background characters would be nice... And a song. A song would be badass. I find it insulting that her little sister got more episodes than her...

• Brohoof 3

That would be awesome to have a FULL Applejack episode. A song would be really cool too. Even though I like Fluttershy more, Applejack is still a favorite of mine.

How could you dislike her anyway?! She's very cute and seems to be very stable compared to the rest.

Edited by Comrade-Dimitri-Hammer
  • Brohoof 1

She's just a filler character if you ask me. She has about as much personality as the official Vinyl Scratch.

*headbob*headbob*

So are you saying Vinyl Scratch has no personality?

WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE HAS NO PERSONALITY?

She has the best personality and the most swag out of the entire show! You must be crazy to underestimate her personality!

I'm offended D:

• Brohoof 1

If Hasbro ever put AJ as a background pony, I would drop-kick a bitch. She just needs some more love in Season 3. The BEST type of love they can give her is give her an entire episode BUT no Derpy or anything like that AND she gets her own song :wub: x200.

Agreed. Sometimes Derpy just ruins everything. I mean, everyone just remembered Derpy in The Last Roundup. That really kind of ruined it.
  • Brohoof 2

I like Applejack. I can't say she's my favorite, but I don't think she's boring and I'm not going to pass her off with a backhanded compliment like "she's the best background pony." She's not a background character and I don't see how anyone can believe that.

I give AJ credit for having the most stable business and interesting family of the Mane 6. She clearly is too busy working her flanks off every day to get in a lot of trouble or stumble on new things like the other ponies. She has a solid and interesting character, the writers just need to give her more development. What was her life in the city like before the rainboom happened and she went back to Ponyville? What if she was working too hard and her friends made her take a vacation? What if all the apples in the orchard mysteriously die or get stolen? I hope we see more stuff like this in Season 3.

And if anyone ruined things in The Last Roundup, it was us for going so nuts over Derpy, not the writers for giving her a few scenes in that episode. Nobody "stole" the episode from AJ.

Edited by TailsAlone
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Applejack is my second favourite pony, right behind Fluttershy. I seriously hope Applejack get's more action in season 3. Her own episode not destroyed by background characters would be nice... And a song. A song would be badass. I find it insulting that her little sister got more episodes than her...

YEAH RIGHT YEAH RIGHT YEAH RIGHT :angry:

Anyway, bumping this thread because I just happened to see this when I searched "procrastinate"...how strange.

Anywaaaay...my views kind of changed a bit. Now I don't blame the writers, but everyone else for just looking at Derpy...better or worse?

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

This question's been bothering me for a while and excuse this if it's already been discussed, but why do you think Applejack gets less attention than the others?

I've never seen a big craze for her, but I've also noticed that Target almost never has her merchandice (I was going to get my anti-brony friend a gag gift) and even the super target in my town only had the whole "Applejack family set", but nothing individual.

So, what do you think?

• Brohoof 2

I don't quite understand it either but I don't let it bother me, Rarity and AJ are my two favorites no matter what others think of them. If anything my list is completely backwards from most because I have Fluttershy and Pinkie on the bottom of my list for the Mane 6.

I just recently ordered a RD belt buckle from Hot Topic, can't wait to get it, but at the same time I found myself thinking that if it was AJ (maybe in a bucking position or something) it would be even better. Sadly that will never happen. And if I ever get a MLP shirt, it will more than likely be of Rarity or AJ if I don't grab a Luna or Trixie one first. When it comes to the Mane 6 though I'll take Rarity or AJ stuff over the rest any day.

Edited by Puddlejumper
  • Brohoof 5

I totally love Applejack. And it's weird, I see less flaws in her than other ponies.  I do think her character is a bit flat because of it... (minus the fact that she totally gave up with being tortured by feathers in the last ep, I was surprised she wasn't stronger). Either way, I totally wish there was more merchandise because I would buy it all. 

• Brohoof 1

I think AJ just leaves all the flashiness to the other ponies (Twilight's magic, Pinkie's craziness, Dash's flying, etc.) and just quietly gets 'er done. That's what I like about her.

• Brohoof 5

We average a few threads about this per month. Ironically, with all the noise about Applejack supposedly being under-appreciated, she is now one of the most talked-about ponies around here. happy.png And I love her, so in my book she is as popular as the rest.

• Brohoof 7

She seems like the simple southern farmer stereotype with a one dimensional character, I would've preferred trixie over her.

Well for that matter, don't they all have pretty basic "cookie cutter" personalities, but they're given dimension through personal episodes? Sure she can be less exciting than a Pinkie invasion, but why isn't she featured more and built off of?

I find myself agreeing with her more than Rarity or RD, although they all have that mutual ecocentric personality.

For that matter, wouldn't her stubborness make her the most individual of characters? I mean apart from asking for help and whatnot, she has VERY clear opinions on things and would be the least likely, in my opinion, to be persuaded to do something not typical of her.

I don't quite understand it either but I don't let it bother me, Rarity and AJ are my two favorites no matter what others think of them. If anything my list is completely backwards from most because I have Fluttershy and Pinkie on the bottom of my list for the Mane 6.

I was tied against RD and Fluttershy for a while, but I feel like AJ being less-appreciated has made me notice her more and made her my favorite.

The belt buckle does sound awesome, though! You'll be able to match the RD with almost anything, but I do wish a kicking AJ was made biggrin.png

We average a few threads about this per month. Ironically, with all the noise about Applejack supposedly being under-appreciated, she is now one of the most talked-about ponies around here.
happy.png
And I love her, so in my book she
is
as popular as the rest.

Oh gosh, I'm such a blank flank... xD

But that's great to hear! NO PONY SHALL BE LEFT BEHIND! xD

Edited by Dazzle Doo
  • Brohoof 1

Probably because she doesn't do anything that is as funny or interesting as the other characters. I like her though, I hope she gets another episode smile.png

Edited by Champion RD92
  • Brohoof 1

Well for that matter, don't they all have pretty basic "cookie cutter" personalities, but they're given dimension through personal episodes? Sure she can be less exciting than a Pinkie invasion, but why isn't she featured more and built off of?

I find myself agreeing with her more than Rarity or RD, although they all have that mutual ecocentric personality.

For that matter, wouldn't her stubborness make her the most individual of characters? I mean apart from asking for help and whatnot, she has VERY clear opinions on things and would be the least likely, in my opinion, to be persuaded to do something not typical of her.

Fluttershy - personality disorder

Twilight -  I can't remember what th psychological term for it

Rarity - seems to be learning toward greedy in some episodes.

Pinkie - breaks forth wall and lots of randomness

Applejack - stereotypical southern farmer who believes in oldschool values which includes being stubborn

Rainbow Dash - athletic tomboy

Trixie - speaks in third person and have a massive ego

I just don't find aj's personality as interesting as the others.

I like Applejack a lot, but her greater maturity sort of limits her character a little bit. Everyone else can catch your attention a little better with their wacky little actions and personalities, but a big part of Applejack's personality is that she's a very down to earth person, she doesn't even like to stand out that much in the show. You know, I don't know if I've ever seen Applejack get excited about something. I can definitely think of times when the others have flipped their lids about how happy they were over something but I can't think of one for Applejack.

• Brohoof 5

this will be very messy plz find Clarity the true #1 AJ fan to translate

well i think the who thing about her being one dimensional is kinda true if you look at it from only one angle.

the truth is that its seen that way because all these different sides of AJ resolve around a strong core that is her personality.

let get started with the obvious

she is a southern pony/ Rancher/ Apple farmer- this automatically triggers people alarms because of a faults depiction of southerners as hill billies , bigots ect ect. which always make me laugh because iv'e seen a guy say how she is a bigot and then point out he can't stand her accent and uses that as an excuse not to like her but i'm drifting of now

her hard working attitude- this is what her cutie mark rely represents her desire to hopefully run the farm/ family business which is her core drive.

her Cutiemark- in the Cutiemark Chronicles her scene to me had the strongest character because what she did could be considered a spiritual journey because she went out to find her desire what ever it might be, and the orange family representing the opposite of that. basically this was the more personal development out of the other stories 

her Lie- a common defense from AJ haters so let go on about all the lies she has told

Boost busters and her lie to rarity- she lie as to not hurt rarity's feeling and to not break her down more then Trixie already had

Party of one- ok she wasn't the only one to lie and even then the cause was good  (if you harp on her the you must also do so for the  rest of them.

return to harmony- she was Discorded moving on

the last round up- yeah this was a big one and it was all down to the disappointment AJ had of her self that she pretty much failed Ponyville for not winning any money and that why she lie so she could work to get the money to fix the town hall.

Crystal empire- if i have to explain this to you then you rely shouldn't be on a computer unsupervised

OK i could literally go further with this and do a complete Episode by Episode rundown of every thing that AppleJack has done to prove she isn't one dimensional but i don't want a mod to ban me  

• Brohoof 1