Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

WYR marry a 20 yr old or a 40 yr old (assuming you're 30)

Shankveld

Let's assume you're 30 and single right now.

Would you rather marry someone who was 10 years younger than you or 10 years older than you?

(Discuss the pros, cons and reasons why.)

~

Seeing as I would be marrying a woman, I would go with the 20 year old because she would still be very young to bear children. Sure she wouldn't have a stable career as of yet whereas the 40 year old is more likely to. I want to have children and the 20 year old provides the better opportunity for that to happen.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

Age doesn't play a huge role for me... Just how I feel about the person. As long as the age gap isn't too big of course because I think that's really... not the way things are intended to be to put it simply. But to be honest 10 years is cutting that age gap pretty close in my opinion...

So I guess to answer your question.... Probably neither

Edited by Hollowshield
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'd have to go with a twenty year old.

I would prefer if my partner was capable of child-bearing - something that's much more likely with a twenty year old than a forty year old. Marriage is the opportunity to bring forth new life, and that is what I very much desire to do.

Sorry 40 year old ladies. LRP wants lots of babies.

Edited by Lady Rarity Pony
  • Brohoof 1

20 years old of course... Because huuuu... Let's face it, I'm a man and huuuu... 20 years old girls are... huuu.... more... "willing" if you catch my drift ;)

• Brohoof 1

20 years old of course... Because huuuu... Let's face it, I'm a man and huuuu... 20 years old girls are... huuu.... more... "willing" if you catch my drift ;)

What about love? ~

• Brohoof 6

I'd go for older- since I like older men, and they're more mature.

Most likely ready for a real long term thing, which is what I'd be looking for.

And fourty isn't really that old anyway...

There are some men 40 or older that I would totally date atm.. >.>

And I'm only 18.

For example, if any of these celebrity's wanted to date me...

Alan Rickman

Marilyn Manson

Robert Downey Jr

Gerard Butler

Hell yeah babeh ;D

I don't care about age or money, they's juss sexeh.

. Back to the point.

Older is better.

But not TOO old.

If I was 30 and a 60 year old guy wanted to date me... No way.

Too old and gross. :x

• Brohoof 1

Well, this puts me in a unique situation. As the reigning "experienced" member, I would have to say as a 30 year old knowing what I know now it's still a tough choice. And here's why, pros and cons for both:

20 year old:

Pros: Youthful, fun, open to new things

Cons: Not as mature, inexperienced

40 year old:

Pro: Mature, experienced, confident

Cons: existing kids, tired, set in her ways

You see it's really a tough choice, anymore there are some attractive 40 year old women and there are some really immature 20 year olds.

It basically boils down to love and compatibility.

• Brohoof 8

Following Ol' Sarge's format

20 year old:

Pros: young

Cons: human

40 year old

Pros: probably more stable in terms of professional career...

That's all I can think of... I think I would need more info than there age to pick 1 or the other.

Well, this puts me in a unique situation. As the reigning "experienced" member, I would have to say as a 30 year old knowing what I know now it's still a tough choice. And here's why, pros and cons for both:

20 year old:

Pros: Youthful, fun, open to new things

Cons: Not as mature, inexperienced

40 year old:

Pro: Mature, experienced, confident

Cons: existing kids, tired, set in her ways

You see it's really a tough choice, anymore there are some attractive 40 year old women and there are some really immature 20 year olds.

It basically boils down to love and compatibility.

Guess that makes me experienced member number 2 :-p

Anyway I would agree with your statements and pros/cons. I t would come down to who I loved more I suppose...but I like youth I guess...but then again some maturity would be nice too

Following Ol' Sarge's format

20 year old:

Pros: young

40 year old

Pros: probably more stable in terms of professional career...

That's all I can think of... I think I would need more info than there age to pick 1 or the other.

I didn't realize being human was such an issue for you :P ~

• Brohoof 3

I think the 20 year old, that being said it's probably last less as a relationship, practically a 40 year old would be more suited, but it's not my brain making this decision ;), also if the age concerns you, is it wrong for an 80 year old to be marrried toa 70 yer old?, also i fi did date a 20 year old when i'm 30, in ten year's they'll be 30 and i'll be 40, age really isnt an issue for the matter.

I didn't realize being human was such an issue for you :P ~

I'd rather date a sexy alien monster chick over a human any day.

Anyway, it would really depend on who it is. If they were both exactly the same in every regard except age, then the 20 year old.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

In all honesty, if I was 30 and single right now, I would choose to marry the lady that was 10 years older than me. I would value her confidence and life experience. I don't really care about having kids of my own, so that would not be an issue. If she already had kids, then I think I would make a good father figure for them - I'm pretty good at working with teenagers and younger kids (but not babies).

Someone that is 20 is likely to still be in a period of self discovery. Someone that is 40 will most likely already have already moved beyond that tumultuous life experience. Frankly, I'm quite horrified at the thought of being married to a 20-year-old and her running into some identity crisis. I've had a remarkably boring time discovering myself, so I wouldn't really be able to offer much in the way of help or support for her - because I would be completely clueless about what to do or say.

Finally, I myself am rather “prematurely aged” by my own life experiences. If I married a 20-year-old and I was 30, then I would probably bore her to death and drive her crazy. It would be like she was married to her father. I doubt that relationship would work out well.

Edited by Scootacool
  • Brohoof 4

That is a good ways away in age from my fictional(for now) 30 yr old self.

The 20 yr old would be fun and hopefully be able to breath life into my 30 yr old self routine but she would be like a kid. Even for a mature 20 yr old they just haven't lived on their own that long if at all and would be so naive in some aspects. I would be pragmatic in my philosophy while she would have that hint of wishful ideology in hers.

The 40 yr old would be able to hold her own in the debates and discussions we'd have. She would be more able to support herself so I wouldn't have to worry as much about her. She would know more about the world and would be able to share it with me. But what I might share with her might seem inadequate compared to hers. She might be set in her ways and settled down in where she is making it harder to go on random trips and adventures.

Oh gosh. Well I would probably pick younger. There is that newness feeling that really makes for some good romance and it is likely to stay longer since the random trips I like to go on would probably still cause new experiences for her and by the time that would wear off she would be old enough that we could have the deep discussions. Though I'd probably feel perverty picking up on the young girl but eh I'd feel weird going out with a much older person too.

I just thought of something: if I'm still single in 10 years, I'll probably be waaaaay to insecure about it to marry somebody younger than me XD

Or there will be breakthroughs in genetic engineering and cloning where I'd clone myself but make me female and then alter a couple personality and appearance traits so we're not completely similar and bingo, Doctor XFizzle and Doctor XFizzella living together in harmony.

• Brohoof 2