Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Look at some of your old posts.

I_wesley125

I've thought that I was quite immature looking at my old posts too, also quite stupid, yeah guess most people we're like that.

On this forum, I'm not embarrassed at all. Since I really haven't changed any since I got here. Maybe in 5 years I'll look back and think my past self was a dumbass

On various other forums, definitely. I hate my past internet self (my past real life self is practically the same now... I've changed a lot on the internet however)

I even left a forum out of embarrassment for my dumb comments I made. Not because I would over use smilies (although I used a lot more back then than I do now) or I put lol at the end of every sentence, but because I was just generally and asshole and I didn't know how to internet

Since I am new here... To the first forum I ever was on!

Welp... It's official. I was retarded. Every year I realize how stupid I was the year before. I couldn't find much, but in short I was an uneducated spaz with no idea of politics, poor logic, and just all around ridiculous and needy. Like I said I couldn't find too much so there isn't much I can say, but with memory ans what I found this is what I can understand.

Edited by Vulpes

I use to be an overdramatic, wannabe goth, disturbed, evil, devil child thing back when I was like 10. I wanted attention. I refuse to look back at anything I really partook in that had to do with the internet back during those times, as I would probably throw up all of my internal organs.

My old posts were stupid in the grammar and "lol lrn2internet h8 u" type ways... I don't want to look anymore.

Newgrounds popped me out of that trend pretty quick. (Weird place to learn, I know.)

Now my new posts are stupid in the way I like to argue over who is the best among colored equines. Also, gifs.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

Also, gifs.

gifs r gud, dey r funne

Memories. Who else used to post the most over-used gifs on the internet and think they were a badass? I really hope I wasn't the only one.

• 9 months later...

Mine weren't of the best qualities, though I will say if someone happens to revive a thread that has one of my...simpler posts I'll usually go back and edit it. 

Mine were usually not of the highest caliber. In fact, I'd say most of them were stupid. Gah, idiotic, slightly younger me! Why are you so foolish?

I did that a little while ago, and it can be downright painful. Grammar, capitalization, everything is pretty shoddy. I occasionally edit my older posts when I find them again. On the bright side, it's nice to see how I've improved :)

OH GOD WHY

Most of my old posts are a worse, less smart, version of me. It's always nice to see your improvement, as DashForever said.

(edited)

I have way too many posts to see them all. I do not feel stupid or anything from looking at a few though. I more or less type exactly the same way now. If anything, I can come up with so much more now looking back at some of my more serious posts.

Edited by Hayze

Some of the stuff that I did when I was like 11 or so makes me facepalm so hard. So, so hard. Like when I became a moderator on a forum. Bad idea.

On this forum, my feelings about Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and the Mysterious Mare Do Well were all significantly less strong than they are now. LOOK AT THIS:

I kinda liked the Mysterious Mare Do Well. Not my favorite, but it had some funny moments with RD.

I'm barely even recognizable! I didn't even italicize the episode title.

I also listed RD as my third favorite pony when I joined. Lolnope.

• Brohoof 1

Some of the stuff that I did when I was like 11 or so makes me facepalm so hard. So, so hard. Like when I became a moderator on a forum. Bad idea.

What were you thinking ;)?

I'm barely even recognizable! I didn't even italicize the episode title.

I think I stole this habit from you...

I also realize that I was much more likely to pick fights with people who blasted characters (generally a colorful-maned one) for trivial reasons. At some point I think I realized that anyone who is at that level of nitpickiness isn't worth the hassle of arguing with. 

• Brohoof 1

I'd rather not...I am still haunted by the memory of making that one thread a year ago (when I was a new brony) where I suspected Discord to have rather bad intentions, you know, other than taking over Equestria. It was titled something like "Anypony else creeped out by Discord?" or something like that. I don't remember off the top of my head.

Seriously guys, you do forgive me, right? blink.pngsad.pngblink.png

Eh, I was a genre nazi back then, and I'm a genre nazi now, nothing have changed. The only thing that have changed is probably that I am a lot more serious now

I was browsing some of my old posts and I kinda feel stupid after reading them. dry.png

Go look at some posts you have made, here and on other sites and tell us what you think of them and yourself back then.

What would you think of your old posts if they were not made by you and you saw someone post them today?

I would think to myself "My goodness, who is the literary genius!?"

I've been using forums for countless years, in my early days i posted tonnes of waffle posts, i even earned the title "Master of Waffle" on a forum, posting on average 200 posts per day, surpassing the person with the most posts within a month of being a member, i even made a topic on one occasion in-which i managed to post anywhere up to 100 posts just talking to myself :/

• Brohoof 1

I love doing this. I've only been here for about a month so I'm still more or less the same today. However, I've done this in the past with other stuff (Facebook messages, MySpace comments, etc.) and it totally evokes a sense of nostalgia. I'll stumble upon old jokes I totally forgot about or wince at the things I used to say. But yeah, it's pretty entertaining to look back on our past selves.

On this forum, I'm fine with all of my old posts. I joined here after having around 6 years of experience with internet forums, so over time I've learned the hard way how to act appropriately on websites. 

However, I can remember back to 2007-2008 or so, on a completely different website. I annoyed everyone badly enough that I ended up being a target of flaming and bullying. 

(edited)

I can't see what my posts were like back here when I joined a year ago (the search only goes back to January).  Though I do recall at the time that Pinkie Pie was my favorite pony.  Obviously that's changed. 

But I remember some of my old posting habits from when I first, *first* got online in 1997 or so...

You know the guy who quotes one ridiculously long, wall of text post and only adds one line at the end?  Yeah, that was me.

Edited by hawkflame

looking at old post is like i love hate relationship for me some of them im laughing my head off or smile at the memories but sometime i just want to crawl in a hole and die at my stupidity yay.png

(edited)

Yeah I made this one really stupid post. I'll look it up and post it here, because it is an absolute abomination to the forums, and to the internet.

Yeah I made this one really stupid post. I'll look it up and post it here, because it is an absolute abomination to the forums, and to the internet.

Edited by Sky Chaser
  • Brohoof 1