Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Elric

Any Dreams?  

83 users have voted

1. 1. None/Good/Nightmares?

• None recently..
    • Been having great dreams!
    • *Shiver* Had some nightmares..

So, last night I had a weird dream....I was trying to take over this huge base of some sort with armed men all around it....In this dream I'm with The Doctor, I also happened to be The Doctor's companion, which is weird because his companions are usually female. I'm also there with 5 other people, kinda forget who they were....We were all up on a catwalk overlooking the entire base.So I tell The Doctor we need to liberate this outpost,and he says sorry and that he can't....and we then hug, and he jumps in his TARDIS and disappears.,which again weird...because The Doctor never runs away from a fight, I.Iook to the other 5 people and for whatever reason they said I have to do this on my own.....I then remember a big space ship coming in over the base and dropping in troops, turns out they were friendlies and we won over the base.

Well, here's some odd ones:

-In one dream I was at my grandma's house; I heard knocking and went and answered it. It was a big bear that had a shotgun in his paws. He held me hostage, then I woke up.

-Another: My friend and I were hanging out on a bridge. She was sitting there eating an orange Popsicle while I was hanging on for dear life. I woke up.

-I was running down the road being chased by George Bush in a green jeep. .-.

-I was dreaming and this weird screen showed up in my dream. It was yellow and it had directions. It stated "whatever you do, don't look into its eyes, that's how it takes you." I then proceeded to jolt up from my slumber. 

• Brohoof 1

Okay so last night i dreamed that i was in a nature documentary for spiders.... A really bucked up one..... I was killed multiple times, by multiple non-eistent spider species..... :( i think i may now be arachnophobic  

(edited)

Okay I don't know if any of you have watched the show before ,but I dreamt I was playing Duel Monsters from Yu-Gi-Oh against some random evil dude that came to my cousins house during a thanksgiving dinner.

I was loosing very horribly but then Yugi came out of no where and helped me out. Then I won the card game.

Edited by Lady Rainicorn
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I was SURE I've written here, but seems like I haven't. So let's give this topic my weirdest and funniest dream, with a twist in the end!

So, there are two rows of people tied up, facing each other, sitting in the ground in the woods. There comes Dave from Desperate Housewives (http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7hauzFsnY1ryhgtjo1_500.jpg) in front of them, bringing the Terminator (he's "off") and whispers "I'm sorry" and leaves. The people wake up, and notice the Terminator, manage to escape and run away. They make a huge bonfire and agree, that they patrol with guns and have a schedule, who guards when.

Meanwhile, also in the woods but in a cabin, there are my parents and my high school's "special teacher" (helps people find out if they have dyslexia) and she's telling me that now, I'm officially so dyslexic I can't read. I get angry, and pick up a newspaper that has something like "Ships can sail!" written on it. I read it out loud, and they just shook their head in disapproval. I stormed out, and I immediately knew that out there was the Terminator.

I started to run along a road - on the left side was a dark forrest, and on the right sight there where clutters of trees once in a while, and then a steep fall - it was on a cliff. I ran, and then I saw a huge car pile on fire. In front of it, was the Terminator.

I hid behind a clutter of trees, under one tree. I hear as the Terminator comes closer... Then a thought pops into my head.

"This is a dream!"

The next thought..

"I forgot to set my alarm clock!"

Then, I actually wake up, and put my alarm clock on, and go back to sleep.

In the morning when I woke up, I realize what I did! biggrin.png

Edited by Tenshinohana
  • Brohoof 1

Another dream last night, I dreamed I was going out biking with a bunch of people at  some Mountain BIke resort, on a triple diamond course....we start off at the top of this really long and steep wooden ramp...the ramp must've been 300ft tall....I go down it, and it then becomes like a rollercoaster ride, going through water tunnels and other high drops...I reach the exit of the tunnel and I have to slow down to ride across a very narrow wooden beam,then down into another ramp and up into another and it launches me into a big pool of water, I tried to find the bike, but the people helping me out of the water said to forget it, and run.....I was the ntold there was a motorcycle meeting at some place...so I got o my motorcycle inthe parking lotand get on it and ride to the local recreation center....there I see about 30 or so bikers...most wearing leather and long beards.and I find this one guy eating a hot dog,andit wsapparently injected wit ha drug of some sort, as the guy holding it was completely petrified, and couldn't move. some and my friend got out of there....and soon after we left, we heard full auto guns going off at the bike meet.

(edited)

Seems like a lot of my dreams now take place in old homes of ours. Strange.

Last night for example, I was lying in bed, but of the apartment we had rented for our first years in France. For info, it's geographically close to our current one, and the general layout was a bit similar as well.

I won't go much farther than that because, um, it isn't exactly PG material.

-I was running down the road being chased by George Bush in a green jeep. .-.

Edited by Feather Spiral
  • Brohoof 1

My dreams have been quite eratic lately. I'm guessing the new stresses of moving are hitting me hard. Lots of horrible dreams. Except the other day, I actually had a good dream. I just don't know what it was. I just know it was pretty good.

It is a bummer though, all my terrible dreams. I remember when I first joined the Army I had the worst dreams. Murder, lots of death and depression. Pretty upsetting =(

• Brohoof 1

the latest dream i had was me running in a large open field with a tuxedo and i was sing heaven is a place on earth  and then i got tackled by a giant cookie and i ate him, i then proceeded to transform into a knight and  dance to  and take on me by a-ha

I haven't been having many dreams lately, or it's just that I forget them.  Though one that I remember was that I was a Cardassian agent working for both the Obsidian Order and the Shadow Broker(I don't know why the Shadow Broker was there o_0) doing random jobs for both parties and went by the name Ghost...  Now I'm thinking of Space Ghost huh.png... 

• Brohoof 1

Seems like a lot of my dreams now take place in old homes of ours. Strange.

Kinda the same with me, 9 times out of 10 my dreams "at home" take place at the apartment I lived in as a kid.

Case in point, had a dream the other morning that I was in my room - from the old apartment, but the walls were still green like my current room - and for whatever reason, I decided to give the walls a fresh coat of paint. I didn't bother laying any plastic over the floor or furniture, and the paint was actually very watery. As I was awkwardly reaching over my desk with the paint roller, the liquified paint started to drip all over the power strip behind the desk, which started to spark, accompanied by the ominous sound of surging electricity. All logic abandoned, I paid it no mind and continued my paint job...that is, until the sparks eventually set the carpet on fire.

I ran out of my room, and instead of being in the hallway of my old apartment, I was out in the kitchen area of my current house. I checked in the closet for the fire extinguisher, but it wasn't in there, so I ran to check the garage. Luckily it was there, and I brought it back to my room and "sprayed" the fire with it...only, the extinguisher just kind of drizzled out a foamy solution. Akward as it was trying to put out a fire with slow-acting foam, it worked.

Yeah...gotta love them fire dreams. First thing I did when I woke up was check to see if the extinguisher was in the closet where it should be. tongue.png

Holy crap last night I had my first extensive lucid dream, but I can't freaking remember it :( I remember I was afraid I would wake up in real life as I became half lucid, then I became fully lucid and it was really awesome how real it felt.

Last night I had a dream that an acquaintance of mine committed suicide. He was a friend of a friend. The fact is, he wasn't an IRL person I know, but I still felt kinda sad when I woke up.

The guy was somepony I had only talked to a couple of times, and somehow I think I read his fanfics or something. XD I don't really remember anything else than mourning that the guy died..

I had a particularly strange dream a couple days ago, where a bunch of kids from my school put me on the hit list o-o

One of my friends managed to intercept the kill order, and she helped me get away via motorcycle. The problem? Well, my brain wanted to keep the plot up (Oh goody!) so, the bad guys got motorcycles too, woo! And they were shooting at me. Not just with guns, but with fricking arrows. Arrows. Eventually they chased me into a storage unite, and cornered me. Tried to escape by running them over, and instead got shot off my bike. But, I lived! One of the lead kids made me stand on my knees, and held a gun to the back of my head, execution style, and I just managed to yell at a passing group of my own friends.

Somehow I rolled over and grabbed the gun from the kid behind me, and we had a massive power struggle in the gravel. I came out victorious, and then all those kids went to jail, and I lived happily evarr aftarr. c:

And then I woke up AHAHAHA.

(edited)

Lately my dreams have been pretty ordinary. For example, I had a dream that I was cleaning. It wasn't the most exciting dream. This has caused the depressing thought of the possibility of my imagination depleting because of everyday life. I have also considered starting a dream journal again to try to start lucid dreaming, but I am kind of terrified of accidentally going into sleep paralysis. I might just keep a dream journal anyway, so I can better understand my sub-conscious. 

Edited by Elric

(edited)

Just had a dream where I was part of a duo of criminals. My partner and I stole a semi and took off down the highway. As the cops inevitably started pursuing us, I could hear commentary on our progress, as if from a live news channel. For whatever reason, my partner (the driver) made this maneuver that tilted the entire rig practically on its side, so that the whole thing was riding on the driver-side tires while the passenger side was sticking up in the air. The news commentator said something to the effect of "Ah, yes, this maneuver is what's known as the 'Cthulu', very dangerous move indeed."

After the cops unsuccessfully tried to get us to pull over many times, we decided to fake them out by pulling over, slowing down and then gunning it once they started to pull over too. We did that a couple of times before we saw an exit coming up, and we pulled into it sharply. I was amazed, but the cops didn't follow us in. We drove up the steep exit a bit before we got to this rocky cliff that overlooked the highway, then we got out of the semi. By that point, there was a female cop who'd come from another direction, stepped out of her cruiser and was brandishing her gun at us. Neither of us paid her much attention as my partner climbed up to the highest part of the cliff and swiftly dove off in an act of suicide. I was briefly considering going down after him, but I started to think about how I might be able to get my sentence reduced if I blamed a majority of the masterminding on my now-dead partner, who'd not be able to refute me. Then I woke up.

Also, had another dream, this time about ponies. You can read that one in this thread.

Edited by Lowline Thrash
  • Brohoof 1

I have to write this now before I forget.

Had a little inception kind of dream. While I've already forgotten how I got there, I was with two girls wandering a maze of houses of a verity of different designs and talking about one of my cousins who is obsessed *in reality* with hunting camo *how the hell did i dream that*

Not that it matters... we came across a dinner party and one of the girls wanted to sit and eat but the other girl and I told her not to because it was fake.

And that set the girl off that everything was fake and suddenly the dream world started to be erased/deleted

And I started running away avoiding everything that was deleting into nothingness I was still caught in it had I not focused on one small object *a pocket knife* my mind/dream would be deleted as well.

I stopped the process and made it out.

Now I know its all just a dream, but these ones like this that look and feel like reality * cause there was a lot of detail about it that I don't have time to write in on it*

But man I'm glad I watched inception lol

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't remember my dreams as often as I would like to. It seems though that usually when I do remember them, they're nightmares. I've decided today that I'm going to start learning how to lucid dream, and the first step is learning how to remember your dreams. You can do that by keeping a dream journal. I've had success with using a dream journal to remember my dreams way more in the past, so I'm going to start doing that again. 

I'll describe some dreams I've had in the past several months. Some of them are graphic, which I still don't really understand, because I'm not angry, violent, or depressed in real life. Some of them are too graphic or inappropriate for me to share here, and some of the ones that I do share I will probably need to censor somewhat. Still, if you think you would be offended by descriptions of violent/disturbing/graphic content, and sexual content, you shouldn't read this post.

I will put a disclaimer by any dream that is especially inappropriate. "Mature content" dreams aren't graphic, but involve disturbing and/or violent content to a higher degree. "Graphic content" dreams are graphically violent or sexual in nature, but to keep this post within the rules of the forum I won't be describing anything too explicitly. 

If anyone can offer possible interpretations of any of these dreams, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Ghosts and Death / Forest Adventure

The dream started out with me attempting to study a ghost in a room using some kind of machine that seemed to be hooked up to a laptop. Suddenly, the ghost became violent and I felt it rushing at me, and my fear went overdrive - then suddenly the ghost just stopped, the tension was diffused entirely, and my fear was gone. The situation seemed almost comical at that point.

The dream transitioned, and I was in a hallway in my "high school" - except it looked nothing like my high school. I remember seeing a bunch of people in hazmat suits running, and I knew that I had to get out of the school. 

I was standing outside of the school, and there were hundreds of kids standing in large groups all around. I saw two of the school's security guards monitoring the people. I was not a part of any of the groups. 

I sat down on a bench, and someone I know in real life sat down on a different bench that was next to mine. Things seemed normal, until a reporter walked up to my friend with a microphone. She said that she was now going to attempt to communicate with the dead. I then realized that both that guy and I were dead. 

I felt this sense of freedom at the prospect of being dead. I got up off of the bench, and started walking around, meandering through the crowds of people. No one looked at me. I reached out to touch people as I walked by, and no one reacted at all. I felt exhilarated at my newfound freedom from being scared in social situations.

The dream then transitioned. I was disembodied, and I was looking at a scene that was divided into four quadrants. I do not remember much about what I saw, but I do remember seeing a hill with a tree on it. A man wearing a suit and a top hat stood on it. He was small and fat, sort of like the Monopoly man. 

The dream then transitioned one last time, and I was alive, in a store with my parents. The dream ended there.

I remember there was another part to this dream - I'm not quite sure if it was the same dream, or just a different dream that I had that night, but it was completely different. In the dream, I was on an adventure in a forest. It felt like a sidescroller game. I remember seeing a kid swinging on a vine, and landing on the ground, who was then murdered. But, it didn't look real. It looked two dimensional, flat, and lacked detail, as if I were seeing only outlines.

Into Nothingness / Murderer / Tortured Captive [graphic content]

I'm not sure if what I'm about to describe is three separate dreams, or two separate dreams. But, it is clearly divided into three sections in my mind, so I shall describe it as such.

I was texting one of my former 10th grade teachers. He told me that he needed to show me something. The dream transitioned, and he and I were in a car, at night. I do not clearly remember the driving scene, as the dream just transitioned once again at some point, and he and I were at a forest. It was night, and the forest was pitch black. We walked inside, and then I felt as if I simply ceased to exist. It was far more than not being able to see anything, or even being disembodied - I simply did not exist.

In a different dream section, I was in a rundown hotel, or apartment complex. It seemed to be a combination of both. It was derelict. A murderer was running around, going into people's rooms, and murdering them. I'm pretty sure I was an external disembodied observer watching these events. I remember a scene in the dream where the murder went into a closet in someone's room, and killed a woman and her daughter. It wasn't graphic, though. It was almost as if they just faded away into abstract, lifeless forms as soon as the weapon - which I also could not see clearly - struck them. 

In a different dream section, a man was chained up in a psychopath's house. I remember in the dream I was watching this take place on TV. The man was desperate to escape, and forced his way out of the door. He had some kind of restraint around his neck, but I couldn't see it clearly. He somehow teleported to the other side of the door. But, when he tried to walk away, some kind of horrible device activated that cut his head off. I remember the TV image of what was happening to him cut away right at that moment, in a manner similar to how I have seen certain instances of extreme violence censored in R rated movies.

A Demonic Entity vs. My Inner Light / Demonic Woman Hidden In Darkness

I had a dream about an invisible demonic entity that was extremely powerful, hateful, and violent. I did not communicate with it in the dream verbally, but its hatred and menace struck me like a tidal wave. It was in my kitchen. I remember looking at the freezer door. I looked away, I don't know at what. When I looked back again, it was ajar, even though I know that no one had touched it. This filled me with extreme horror. However, I felt that when I was in the kitchen, the demon was largely kept at bay. I remember in the dream feeling a light, a love, within myself, that was more powerful than the demon's hatred. I think I was able to fly. I either flew or walked out of the kitchen. As I was going down the basement steps, I felt a wave of evil power and hatred from the demon strike me like a tidal wave. I looked up at the ceiling, and it was shaking. Dust was falling off down from it. I don't remember whether or not I went back in the kitchen, but it was clear that when I was in the demon's residence area, my inner light and love was far more powerful than its hatred.

I'm not sure if this was a different part of the dream I described in the above paragraph, or a dream I had some other time. I remember I was standing in a large, dark room. There was a tall circular platform coming out of the floor. On it, a woman appeared. There was light enough so that I could see her legs, but the rest of her body was hidden in darkness. For reasons I do not understand, this filled me with unspeakable terror.

World War II In My House [mature content]

In this dream, I thought that World War II was taking place in my house. I remember thinking that I had to find a weapon, so that I could kill the nazis. 

A security guard from my school walked into my house. But, in the dream, he was a nazi. (I have no idea why he was a nazi in my dream - I certainly don't view the security guards at my school as nazis. I love them, they help keep our school as safe as possible.) He, and along with another nazi put me into a cage. I remember that there was a cage specifically for homosexuals. I really wanted to get into the cage with the homosexuals, so they put me in there. However, once I was in it, I tried to reassure a nazi guard walking by that I was not gay. (I have no idea why I dreamed about homosexuals in this manner. Please note that this is a dream, and that I am not trying to be offensive by relating the dream content. I have absolutely nothing against homosexuals or homosexuality in the slightest.)

The dream transitioned, and I was out of the cage. I went into my room, and found a rifle laying on the floor. I tried to pick it up, but it disappeared. 

I ran outside, and there was some kind of weird triangular ramp attached to the side of my "house," that really looked nothing like my house.

Attacked By Hitler [mature content]

In this dream, I was in a dark, gray room that I could not see most of, but it seemed to be some kind of scientific laboratory. 

In this dream, I was standing in front of a person I understood to be Hitler. I could not see him, though. I'm not sure if he was invisible, or if I was just not able to see him, but I knew that he was there. I was screaming and cursing at him. I screamed at him saying that he was a child murderer, and I used the F word a few times. I felt him get angry at me. His angry hit me like a tidal wave, but I was also physically attacked. I felt myself slapped in the face, hard.

Robot Sex [graphic content]

I will only relate part of this dream, as the other part is too inappropriate for me to post on this site. 

I was a robot, and I was having sexual intercourse with another robot. However, I was watching this scene as a disembodied observer for at least most of it, but I also knew that I was one of the robots. 

We seemed to be in some sort of futuristic glass house high up in the air. As I was having intercourse with the robot, I looked down and saw this massive robot pass underneath me. It seemed as if it were both walking and flying. Perhaps it was leaping. It was one of the most incredible things I have ever seen in a dream. This was taking place at night, and the massive robot had these glowing blue lights on it. It was most certainly futuristic, and staggeringly huge.

Attacked By A Demonic Entity / Refuge In A Store [graphic content]

I will not describe this dream in detail, due to its graphic nature. 

The basic idea of what happened was that I was lying in bed in a dark room. I was lying on my back. I felt as if there were a demonic presence in the dream that was trying to attack me, so I turned over onto my stomach.

The dream then transitioned entirely, and I was in a supermarket, or perhaps a walmart. It was at night, and I felt a sense of relief mingled with fear, as if I were seeking refuge from danger. I do not remember whether or not I remembered the earlier part of the dream involving the demonic entity. 

I don't remember most of the rest of this dream. I remember seeing store lights, my parents, and being in some kind of red gateway of sorts. I remember feeling like I was planning to go somewhere, but I where I was planning to go.

Disgusting Evil [mature content]

I think this might have been something called a night terror. It was not like other dreams I've had, because I don't remember anything happening. I just remember an image, and extreme emotion. 

I remember seeing a woman in a black dress. I could not see her face. The background was a sickly, damp yellow.

The most disturbing part about this dream to me was the emotion associated with it. I felt as if this woman were literally pure evil. The evil was sickening, rotting, as if it were literally some sort of disease. I had extreme feelings of deep despair. 

I'm not sure what this dream represents, but I had it last year when I used to be depressed, suicidal, sleep deprived, and extremely stressed out. So, those things are probably what caused this dream. But, if anyone can offer insight as to anything specific the dream may have symbolized, that would be great.

Meeting Internet Friends In Real Life

I'll end this post with one of the dreams I remember that is not disturbing or violent in the slightest. 

This dream is interesting to me, mainly because of how extremely realistic it was compared to other dreams. In fact, the dream had a heightened sense of realism. It felt more real than real life, by far. 

I remember I met two people I know on the internet in real life, in this dream. One of them was his avatar on a different site, except in real life. So, it was literally his two dimensional avatar walking around.

The other person I met looked exactly like a picture of him I have seen. I was sitting next to him at some sort of dinner party in his house. I remember seeing a woman I had never seen before, and she looked extremely realistic. Unfortunately, I cannot clearly recall now what she looked like.

If anyone could provide insight as to even just what one of these dreams might mean, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Just to reiterate, despite the fact that most of these dreams that I've listed are disturbing and/or violent to different degrees, I am not violent, depressed, or angry in real life. So, I'm not sure what causes these dreams, but my guess is stress. Also, I do remember other dreams that were not as violent, but I've already written all of these, and I don't feel like typing a whole lot more right now.

• Brohoof 1

I had a dream about a ballroom dance thing. There wasn't enough room on the dancefloor for everyone, so, all the people got stickers. Sticker colors were called one at a time, and by the end of the dream, I was all alone, standing there at the entrance of where the dance was being held. Then they closed it before I got to go in. I was rather tragic.

Very recently I had a dream in which I woke up (shit just got real) in a hospital bed. I was surrounded by a few of my family members and some other people that I didn't recognize. I asked what was going on but no one would reply. They were talking among themselves. Very soon after, a doctor walked in the room and alerted me that this would be my last day on Earth. I can't remember what happened after that but I believe I woke up.  

• 3 weeks later...

this is the dream 

it started out as i was in a room with o doors or windows then all of a sudden it was filled with snakes i tried to pick one up and it bit me then i seen a giant snake in the middle of the room and i walk up to it and she coils around me and rubs her head agenst mine then she asked me if i wanted to be friends with her(you could hear the loneliness in her voice)and i said yes and at the end of the dream she ate me and said we would meet agen win i fully remember the dream

what dose everyone thing and what if i said she was real

• Brohoof 1

Sounds like you're trapped or in a rut and being overwhelmed/consumed by something in real life, hence being eaten. Snakes are slippery, sneaky, maybe even devious creatures. The fact that you believe this directly represents a real person, some one you may know, could mean this person is consuming you emotionally. The first snake bit you but the next one, the big one, wants to be your friend. So perhaps you were in a bad relationship and this is a new one blossoming or there is some one you see a lot of potential in.

To me, the room with no exits means you are unwilling to avoid this or have no desire to.

I'd be wary of befriending snakes that eat me, but that's just me.