Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Elric

Any Dreams?  

83 users have voted

1. 1. None/Good/Nightmares?

• None recently..
    • Been having great dreams!
    • *Shiver* Had some nightmares..

Normally I can remember dreams of mine well enough, but I'm kind of drawing a blank right now. 

The only dream I can remember at the moment is one I had when I was 6. I was in an arctic tundra like terrain, and there was a town in front of me. I walked through the town, and nobody was there. I was with another person or two, but I forget who. We ran into an empty restaurant, and we quickly realized nobody was there. We then walked outside, and there was a giant tornado. I remember the tornado ran over me, and for a second or two I couldn't breath. I then woke up. 

Edited by Mikami

All of my dreams are very strange, but I'll tell you one that I had when I was younger.

I was on this magic carpet high in the sky with another guy. I assumed he/she was someone I was close to, but I couldn't exactly describe it. We were drinking... tea, I think. But then, they pushed me off of the carpet, but I grabbed on to one of the edges to prevent the fall. However, the person I was with broke my grip and I was sent falling. The gravitational pull was faster than usual, making the fall only about a second long. I got up to see an endless void that looked like an endless greenland from MineCraft with a lot of people in it.

I then woke up via leg cramp.

Once I dreamed i got shot after this guy asked me if I had seen this other guy and knew where he went. The feeling was this weird jolt and as if I were drowning because I couldn't breathe. I wasn't scared until I woke up realizing how hard my pillow was pressed against my throat and that I hadn't actually been breathing. Another time I dreamed that I was in George Washington's army and so was everyone at my school, and it was my job to get them all ready for his arrival. But no one was listening to me even though they knew I had the authority. By the way we were all middle schoolers. So 20 minutes later, George Washington and a few other people arrive all decked out and on their horses. Everyone just stared at him in silence as he looked around at the lack of organization. He barked one simple order and we started marching off to our destination leaving me embarrassed. A more recent dream was split into 2 parts, but the weird one was I was in the backseat of my moms car and she was driving us to best buy. When we got there though, she started bumping into sports cars. Not your average sports cars but the really nice ones worth millions. She literally forced one out of its parking spot so she could have it, then decided she didn't want that one so she did it again to another. For a guy like me that's horrifying.

I had a nightmare I took a gun to my school and went on the computer and got pulled in were I had to fight in a battle to the death with all my friends and the main 6 in the end I die with a horn in my brain

Just last week, I had a dream where I went to this expensive-looking cafe and ordered some chocolate. For some reason, I was already lucid in the events before entering the cafe, so I wasn't really concerned about spending money since it was a dream anyway. I also had a good amount of money in my wallet, so why not? I ordered a cheesecake and some cold water after eating the chocolate, and I chatted with the waitress over the counter about how this whole thing was just a dream. We spoke about not having to worry about getting fat or anything while eating sweets since this was all just a dream. :lol: However, despite it being just a dream, the chocolate felt and tasted really real! 

I also remember being asked about what kind of toppings I wanted for the cheesecake, and my answer to that was just 'blueberry'. But, when I was presented with the topping after the waitress had made it, it tasted (and even slightly looked like) a yogurt of some sort. I agreed to its application onto the cheesecake anyways. 

After finishing the cold water, I had to leave the cafe to meet up with some friends for some reason, but I woke up just as I got up from my seat near the counter. 

Since it was lucid and everything, I wrote typed down everything into a text file afterwards. ^_^ 

I've been getting a pretty good number of lucid dreams recently, but this one felt particularly realistic just because of the chocolate. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

When I was around 5 years old I remember have this same dream over and over. My whole family would be taking a bath in lava and they would be telling me to hop in. But I just ran around screaming "no"

:muffins:

• Brohoof 1

When I was around 5 years old I remember have this same dream over and over. My whole family would be taking a bath in lava and they would be telling me to hop in. But I just ran around screaming "no"

:muffins:

Dreams of fire and the like, deal with extreme change or fears of change in ones life revolving around those within the dream.

I used to have many dreams such as this... which is why I will never watch any kind of volcano movies lol *I have yet to watch the third LotR move because of that*

The dreams I hate are the ones that become real... and I've had a few of those.

Edited by Argumedies
  • Brohoof 1

verytime i go to sleep i dream about all kinds of awesome things too much to name so if you have a wild mind your going to dream a'lot some of my dreams i can't tell you because there to hard to talk about one time i was driving in a fast car trying to get away from the bad guys then it ended when my car crashed in a lake were i got killed by some weird kind of fish lol man that was one wild ride well all of them are that is the fun part about dreams.

even when I have nightmares they can be fun too like when i was fighting off zombies with my friends awesome ride. so my point is it dose not matter how old you are you can still have dreams but some of the dreams i had were sad ones but i do not want to talk about that because those ones are ones were of some of my family members that died in real life of cancer yea so i do not want to talk about those so peace.

Edited by DragonKing235

I don't dream much anymore, but I get deja vu a lot. But I dreamed about something last night, very vividly, that happened today.

When I dream....let's not go into that. Let's just say I'm really whacked.

Nightmares usually involve zombies, Quake, or both. I think the one I remember the most was the one where I was in a concrete room full of spherical rocks, and when I kicked one it transformed (TransFormers style) into a zombie. Then I went lucid and teleported to some room looking like a giant engine, where I started getting chased by a merman. I'm not sure what happened after that.

Another one sounds like Poke'mon creepypasta. I was sitting there playing Red Version (which I don't own, I have Blue) on a GBA cartridge, and it seems all well and good (regular graphics and everything) until I get into a fight. At this point Red Version magically transforms into Emerald, and Brendan starts battling Hilda, from Black/White. Hilda sends out a weird-looking Rayquaza that's upside down and has a foot with claws sticking out of its head, that I guess it's standing on. Brendan freaks out and runs away. The game switches to the Emerald evolution screen (with a text box in the upper left corner that says POKe'DEX), with the weird Rayquaza sprite. The normal message box appears at the bottom of the screen. It said and I quote, "Inserted right correct foot into wrong incorrect head." Don't even f**king ask me.

Edited by Kelario
  • Brohoof 1

I had pretty weird dreams when we were in Istanbul for Xmas "vacation" (let's not get into the detail of why I put quotation marks...)

In fact, it was really creepy, because I remember a dream almost every night(*). Some of them, I'll keep them to myself because they'd be useful in writing, but others I can post here (and on my Tumblr) in chronological order.

I'm in a large bathroom with family, which fills with steam like a sauna (no nudity or anything). Then I go the the mirror where my father is brushing his teeth normally, and spray shaving cream on my face where it swells like whipped cream.

I was woken up at that point(*). That was one of the most normal-looking dreams I've had.

Remember I often talk about feeling a breath down my neck, or at least having night terrors? Well, I had a situation like that, except it wasn't terror at all.

I'm sitting on a low platform of sorts (my back turned to the platform of course), and feeling a breath down my neck. But the creature on the platform is not a monster, it's... a lioness... being flirty. A male lion even comes in and gets aggressive, but she fights him off and he walks away. I'm having mixed feelings at that moment, relieved that I'm safe but feeling bad for the lion.

There was no actual... *ahem* activity after that, but it was followed by a more erotic dream involving a (very much human) person.

Next dream was after I've read a book of Lego ideas+tips and several Capt'ain Swing adventures.

I'm in a sort of junkyard where I come across a double-winged, lego-like plane with two propellers, an oversized body and open cockpit. I take it into a garage (we don't even own a garage wtf) where I replace broken parts and repair damaged areas, feeling my father's presence and two little creatures I'll call my "sidekicks".

Then, helped by Hibou Lugubre (Gloomy Owl) from Capt'ain Swing, I carry it up a tall cliff. After attaching my safety belt and fixing my sidekicks on the wings with cell-o-tape (yes a normal belt for me and CELL-O-TAPE for them), I turn the key to start the plane. Then I push the throttle forward and, under Hibou's watch, fly off the cliff, dropping a little at the edge but picking up altitude soon after.

The two dreams below may be more... "analyzeable", if that makes sense.

I'm receiving a sniper training along with a partner.

At one point, I think I fail a mission because of bad aim and timing, but I'm told that was just a test. I get angry, telling them I don't need their stinky test. My superior tells me to "stop giving him attitude", which gets me even angrier so I (ironically) give him a logical reason as to why his "test" was pointless and I wasn't "giving attitude" at all.

Still, I'm tired of their abuse of power, so I somehow take flight and teleport away, followed by my loyal partner.

This one is really really long.

I with my parents and sister are leaving a hotel room or apartment, whose layout reminds me a lot of the flat in Istanbul that we only lived in for a year (before migrating to France). Before joining the others in the entrance hall, I go to a room at the back to browse my wardrobe, where I find two identical t-shirts fused together without seams. I understand that one of the t-shirts is from a parallel universe (think Fringe, the episode that starts with a building fusing with its copy this way), but when I run to tell my parents, they don't believe me and we just enter the elevator.

As we descend slowly, the dial on the elevator (showing the floor numbers) changes from 4 floors to 6 and 7 to 8. With each change, the lift car speeds up, to the point where I end up floating with my head on the ceiling, but luckily it stops gradually. (wheehee alliteration!)

We exit the building and walk on the street, reaching a beach of sorts from where we watch the asphalt break up. As the whole city and beach gets flooded as well, we find shelter on a rock, other people doing the same with other rocks. At one point, I rescue my sister's copy from the other universe, which convinces my parents while I give her CPR.

The flood still overwhelms everything and we all struggle to stay afloat.

Then suddenly, all inanimate objects and matter is sucked into the hotel building, which appears to be the focal point of everything. If you're familiar with the "breathing universe" theory (Big Crunch preceding Big Bang between each universe), that's exactly what happens next.

After every non-living matter is focused on the hotel/apartment, it blasts into a ball of bright light, blowing our bodies off while spirits/minds/souls/whatevs remain. I make a speech of sorts where I explain we've witnessed the birth of a new universe, that our bodies got destroyed but our souls stayed intact.

As if on cue, there's a second explosion of pure, invisible energy, and we're all pushed away all over the universe. The group is totally scattered of course, but we are cheerful as we bid each other farewell.

(*) Maybe I usually get them every night, but forget most when I wake up the "normal" way? That fucking "ezan" (the call for prayer and worship, broadcast even at night from all mosques) would actually make me jump from my sleep, wanting to strangle every single muezzin in the country (except a few who don't feel the need to go "artistic") but at least remembering the dream it just interrupted.

Anyway, here's a similar adventure, this time from after I returned (two nights ago I think)

I'm wearing a blindfold, but somehow can see more or less, like through a filter or polarizing glass.

I'm standing in a green, sunny meadow with friends. We're mourning two friends lying next to a car, starting to rot from the feet. For some reason, I decide it'd be best for them to be in the car to pay homage. So I pick up the two bodies and put them sitting inside the car, much to the disgust and awkwardness of my live friends.

Then one of the girls shows me a synthesizer of sorts, a box from which copies of something keep popping out (think Minecraft players who build automatic arrow-launchers or fridges).

The synthesizer is sliding down a hill though, so she and I jump after it, with me shooting tractor beams from my fingers (if you haven't read my Yoshi fanfic featuring Gravishi, think Star Trek meets Spiderman). Not only we can't catch it, but we overshoot big time, sliding right past a small (lego?) house and over a network of rivers.

After that, there's a part where we follow an "island delivery chain" of sorts, but I'll keep that for a writing project (probably include it in Nomagramo).

But I just ran around screaming "no"

Man, you disappoint both Bowser and Spike there. and maybe others I'm forgetting

The dreams I hate are the ones that become real... and I've had a few of those.

Whoa, me too... I think I mentioned one or two of those in an older post. Not sure which though.

I've made a presentation on Rupert Sheldrake's book on that subject, but that's off-topic here.

However, despite it being just a dream, the chocolate felt and tasted really real!

Yeah, that can happen quite a lot to me too, especially when compared to the small number of dreams I do recall. Edited by Feather Spiral

I was catching up on things like new MLP episodes and Morenatsu routes yesterday. Then towards this morning, I saw myself in a crossover of sorts, where anthro Fluttershy was sharing a sandwich with Shun.

Sadly, my sister's horrible alarm clock woke me before anything else could occur. Tonight I'm pushing my earplugs deeper, I don't care how much I hurt my eardrums.

the monster wearing high heels that took over earth

51210-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic

Felt like sharing, I had a good dream which I woke up from. I was driving a yellow Mazda RX-7 FD, it was very cool and I did a long burnout and it was so awesome and then before I know it I woke up.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

Gee, I never dream. Or if I do, then I can never remember my dreams. Maybe it has something to do with my messed-up sleep schedule...

On a positive note, at least I don't get nightmares.

Edited by SparklingSwirls

• 2 weeks later...

@@SparklingSwirls, my schedule is also messed up, but I recall quite a lot of dreams. I don't know, it may be a factor, maybe I just remember because I trained myself to.

Anyway, I had another adventure-type dream. I don't remember the beginning, but the latter parts are clearer.

I am in a sort of house, which I share with a few other people.

The house is built as two loops sharing a segment; like a very wide '8', with angles instead of curves. That middle portion has something like a pet door, allowing access to a slope or staircase to enter that corridor.

I'm exploring the house by tracing the '8' shape, meaning I follow the middle part twice and in the same direction; the "adventure" part is in reverse. The narration below is organized following that progress (see bolded phrases to keep track of overall location).

As I'm touring the first loop of the house, I get close to the middle segment. Through the walls, I see two of my "roommates" in a room, talking about... I don't remember... torture? murder? something horrible anyway.

Since the room is on the building's middle portion, I try to listen in from over the slope/stairs; but the pet door clanks and the two get up to look.

I decide to push the door and come out, explaining I almost hit my face on the trapdoor. We exchange pleasantries before I head down the middle corridor to the other loop.

The second loop is a lot darker, and the walls are definitely opaque from that point. In one room there's a heavily wounded body on the floor, looks male with dark leathery skin (think Amnesia grunts in African version).

At this point, I feel I'm chased by the two other guys, coming around the other side to meet me. The exhausted, tanned man tells me to leave him and go, but instead I pick him up and run back to the middle segment's end.

There, with the man across my shoulder, I enter what looks like a public bathroom, leaving the bad guys seeking us out. I look for a way out, and find a window on the far end, accessible when I enter the last stall.

It has blinds attached to the pane, so when I open the window the blinds open up too. But there are horizontal bars across the frame outside also, and it doesn't look like I can squeeze through with the man on my shoulder.

While listening to the voices right outside the bathroom door, I'm trying to work something out, a way to get us both out.

That's how Equestria was made where I woke up, more or less (with sleep paralysis).

Edited by Feather Spiral

My dreams are my inspiration. I always dream in a cartoon/CGI style though. It's so weird. One dream I've had was about a bird and a creature (I couldn't tell what the creature was because I was seeing the story from the perspective of the creature) and it basically an island that is floating. There is a bottom and top of the island. Just being an exact mirror of eachother. And the creatures on the bottom side are anti-gravity creatures. It was weird, but not as weird as my dream where I got eaten by a giant parhana inside a cafeteria during the zombie apocalypse.

• 1 month later...

This is the second time in a row where I had a university-related dream, in which I could fly and managed to ruin a terrorist's plans.

The night before, it was one of my teachers (I even recognized her face and glasses) featured as the main villain. Last night, it was our campus (with its three distinct features I won't disclose) which was the setting, at least in the beginning.

The details were noted for storywriting, because it was the adventure-action sorta dream, the kind I keep for use in fiction.

Edited by Feather Spiral

I don't seem to dream very much nowadays, but I had a lot of strange dreams as a child.

One of the most memorable was me being some sort of bird learning to fly and eventually the dreams evolved to me full on flying, as if I actually started learning and grew up in some other world xD

Cool man, ugh, I actually remember the dream I had tonight, though I kinda doubt it would be SFW! :blush:

DON'T DO THIS. IT'S BAD FOR YOUR MENTAL HEALTH. DREAMS ARE MEANT TO BE FORGOTTEN.

Actually, not really, dreams are just thoughts, remembering artificial thoughts while you are asleep can actually have many benefits, just always make sure you know whats real and whats a dream, ask yourself everyday.."am I awake" that's one way to get into lucid dreaming!