Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you rather be hated or ignored?

Clarity

Rather be hated or ignored?  

133 users have voted

1. 1. Choose your answer

• Hated
    • Ignored

If you voted 'hated' then you know what true loneliness feels like.

If you voted 'ignored' than you're ignorant to what being ignored truly is.

~

Wrong. I voted "ignored" and no one can tell me I don't know what loneliness is.

As much as it hurts, it's what I'm used to, so that's why I choose it. I don't know how I would handle being hated.

After thinking about it, I came to the conclusion that I would rather be hated than ignored, because then people would at least know that I'm there instead of not noticing that I'm there whatsoever.

But the optimal choice is to have friends that doesn't hate or ignore you :D

Wrong. I voted "ignored" and no one can tell me I don't know what loneliness is.

As much as it hurts, it's what I'm used to, so that's why I choose it. I don't know how I would handle being hated.

Human beings cannot function in true loneliness.

The human brain slowly deteriorates and results in full loss of sanity.

So unfortunately, you are wrong.

• Brohoof 1

Ignored...

I'm known as a "saddo"...

I tend to find people who are dicks and psychologically torment them just to see them cry...

I prefer just to be left alone with my science!

I'm almost always nice over the internet but get on my bad side. You'll have A 1 KILOTON NUCLEAR DEVICE BEING POSTED THROUGH YOUR LETTER BOX!!

Being ignored sounds like the better of the two at first, but over time, I've learned that being hated is much more preferrable. Sure, you have to take a lot of crap, but at least you get to take something. Having no one to even acknowledge your existence is miserable.

Spell check before you hit "submit", Abstract...

Edited by Abstract

Ignored and hated both are awful to me anyway. If I had to pick one though I think it would be ignored over hated. I would rather have everyone ignore me and not notice me. Having everyone hate me would just kill me inside and being as sensitive as I am I know I wouldn't be able to deal with that.

Human beings cannot function in true loneliness.

The human brain slowly deteriorates and results in full loss of sanity.

So unfortunately, you are wrong.

By "true loneliness," do you mean a state of perpetual isolation? In that case, so few people have had the experience that defining loneliness that way is barely relevant to the topic.

If being hated means I know the reason why said person dislikes me, then I'd rather be hated than ignored. That way, I can work to become a more pleasant person. I like honesty from the others, especially when I'm doing something bad/wrong... :|

Also, I personally think that being ignored is a level higher of being hated, simply because it feels like people think you're a lost case and don't even want to try to be with you anymore; you're dead to them.

I would rather be hated. Because I don't give one single fuck what anyone else thinks about me, but if there is one thing that I totally hate, it is being ignored. Because you would hate a great enemy, but you would ignore a nobody.

Well considering I tend to prefee not communicating with people, I'd say ignored. I hate confrontation and being hated would bring alot of that.

Though it depends, to what extent am I being ignored and hated by? If literally every single person was to ignore me I'd probably go insane, and of every single person was to hate me I'd probably go insane as well.

• Brohoof 1

Both of them are horrible, but if I had to choose, I would rather be ignored. Being hated is a truly terrible feeling. If you are ignored you can do whatever it is you do and not worry about what people think. But if you are hated, you have that constant fear of being criticized and judged negatively for every step you take. That's my view on it anyway.

I am somewhat ignored really. But at least i'm not hated :P

Ignored definitely. I'm already hated and it really negativity effects you. Being ignored, people still notice you, they know your there they just won't mention your being compared to being hated where cruel jokes are being done. Plus hatred can turn really bad such as hate crimes..

I'd much rather be ignored. At school, I'd just chill at the library, listen to some music, and read fan fiction or books during the breaks. If I was hated, people would come up to me, and that would just be depressing and/or annoying.

I'd rather be ignored than hated, being hated is annoying, I've been bullied, while that isn't really "hating", it was a form of what you described as being hated. No one really notices me anyway so I choose to be ignored, like the way I've always been.

I'd prefer being ignored. I still have the internet and Ponies. I can't imagine that ever happening though, I'm pretty hard to ignore.

If I was hated, I'd have people going out of their way to make my life harder, if I was ignored, people would just leave me alone and leave it at that.

As I am usually ignored, I would have to say hated.

At least if people hate you, you know that they at least acknowledge you. I always feel very insecure and inadequate, which makes me feel like I deserve to be hated anyway.

In my mind, I almost feel like I want to be hated.

Being Ignored has caused a few suicide attempts.

Edited by Jsqrde

• 7 years later...

I'm already ignored which works well for me already. If I end getting hated well that's cherry on the top for me. Leave me and don't bother me again, is what I'd always say. 

• Brohoof 1