Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you rather be hated or ignored?

Clarity

Rather be hated or ignored?  

133 users have voted

1. 1. Choose your answer

• Hated
    • Ignored

I choose hated hands down. I think if I was ignored by everyone I would go insane. Just the thought of no one acknowledging I'm there gives me shivers... and I'm experienced at getting hated in real life. I think I would be able to take it better than being ignored. I think I would end up like Pinkie did when all her friends kept avoiding her.

I choose hated hands down. I think if I was ignored by everyone I would go insane. Just the thought of no one acknowledging I'm there gives me shivers... and I'm experienced at getting hated in real life. I think I would be able to take it better than being ignored. I think I would end up like Pinkie did when all her friends kept avoiding her.

Are you saying that going crazy is not fun?! I'm the master at that!

Being ignored by EVERYONE would be fun, I'd do anything I wanted!

• Brohoof 1

I would rather be hated. Yeah, if someone hates you its a lot more open and potentially hurtful, but it at least means you were worth their time and effort to be hateful to you, instead of just pretending that you don't exist. I prefer to know what people think of me, because it gives me the choice of what to do with them. Were I being ignored, that choice would have been taken away from me.

Ignored. I would of rather been ignored than hated. I understand being hated by a ton of people, and I did nothing. Ya, after getting hated for awhile, you just want to die. I was basically ignored and hated. So, people would ignore me, and if I said anything, they would hate me and tell me to "shut the fuck up".

I'd think i'd rather be ignored. I wouldn't want to be hated by everyone. I rather be a reclusive hermit heheh. Although i could have some fun with it. I would be ignored in real life but whos said i i'm ignored on the internet? I guess i would spend my days there. (Even though I already do...) What if i would become famous? To become famous on the internet yet have no know who the hell you are in real life? hmmm... its an interesting thought.

But if u take this to a literal term, being ignored by everyone on earth, might not be totally bad, u can pratically do anything you want. U can commit a genocide and you would get away. U can't be killed by someone or arrested cuz that would mean they recognize you exist. And if ur cursed to be ignored, they can't recognize you. Hell they probably can't even try and figure out who the murderer was because that would mean trying to recognize you. Like if their trying to analyze DNA, when a match comes up and its says your name, they would probably be like "I don't see a name here" Cuz they can't even notice you. Your literally would be invisible, to everything.

I guess its a matter of opinion if thats bad or not. Could be fun... but after like two days i would want attention lol. Then after a couple weeks of crying in silence i would get used to it. Then live in solitude. Like some wise old man from some fantasy living alone for decades. Still rather that then the only constant negative attention. To be Hated contantly.... don't know what can brew from that. You may even die if someone you meet is extreme enough and capable of doing so. Would be a real wound in your psyche, though being alone would be too... but i think i can live with being alone.

Edited by AnonBrony

Atleast while being ignored nobody bothers me, where as being hated not only do I still have nobody who cares about me but I also have people who simply just mess with me for fun.

So yeah I'd rather be ignored I guess. As much as I hate both. Although I feel like I'm getting ignored alot of the time, probably be being paranoid.

I'd prefer being hated, if I'm ignored I'd constantly fear for the worst, and never being sure of what I did or say, being full aware of them hating me or not seems better to me...... And while I do think Hate is such a strong word, there can never be true hate.

Let's say I hate somebody, one day I see them dying in front of me, I'd leave my hate for them behind and help them, I'm sure anybody reasonable enough would do the same.

• 1 month later...

I would rather be hated then ignored. I have already been ignored and hated in my life, but I find that being ignored is extremely annoying to me. It stinks when I do something some else get offended by whatever I did (probably something minor) and they start then alienation. First, they don't want to use words to explain how they feel which drives me up the wall. Specifically if they don't know anything thing about me at all... Ugh can't stand that!

Now to be hated, that's much better! At least then their emotions are clear about me. Even if they don't know me and their hate is based of some unconvinced idea by looking at me. However, it is a shame they judge without even knowing me, but hater gonna hate and there's nothing anyone can do be ignore them. And continue to be awesome! B)

• Brohoof 1

Hated, of course.

I hate quite a few people, so I love it when they hate me back. I love the arguments I get into with people I don't like. They know I clearly hate them, and I know that they clearly hate me.

Someone ignoring you is just annoying. God knows what you did, and you can't ask them because they're ignoring you.

Hater, obviously. Then you can give epic comments and witty comebacks to make them feel bad about themselves, mwahaha!

But I doubt that I'd ever by hated or ignored.

I'll take being ignored. At least that way, I don't have to hear any unnecessary comments or slurs. Besides, I've gotten by from being ignored, just takes a matter of adjusting to your own thoughts and some loneliness.

• Brohoof 1

I'd rather be hated, because that at least gives me something to fight and overcome. If I am just ignored there is nothing I can do, nothing to fight, nothing to try to beat. You are completely at the mercy of those ignoring you.

Being ignored often is a form of hatred in some cases it can be the ultimate contempt, however at least when I am not ignored I don't have to listen to some idiot talk about how I am supposedly the scum of the earth. I have a low tolerance for stupidity so some scumbag who just wants to hate for no good reason is not worth my time anyway.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy

Ignored is a lot safer. Hated is a lot easier. The answer is kind of different depending on the extreme though. To a moderate amount, being ignored is definitely better, but to the extreme, you would never be able to interact with anyone.

Nobody wants to be hated or ignored, but if there was only one choice, i suppose i would rather be hated. I thought a bit about my answer, at first i would have said ignored, but i realize that if you're practically non-existent to them then whats the point? I would rather be 'something' than nothing, even if something is a bad thing. At least you wont be considered an empty space in this world.

Being ignored can be hatred in itself, and probably one of the worst kinds of hate.

If you voted 'hated' then you know what true loneliness feels like.

If you voted 'ignored' than you're ignorant to what being ignored truly is.

~

That was never the goal of being ignored. If I wanted to go for true loneliness, I would've gone for hated. The idea behind being ignored is that it allows you to be left alone but on your own accord. When you're ignored, people don't notice you at all. With hate, you're ignored for a reason and as a result will generally lead to negative results. In most cases the opposite will happen - you will be made infamous.

Point is, being ignored isn't for experiencing true loneliness, with being isolated and filled with negative emotions to the point where you're known for being shit or something, its to be left alone with no reputation or slate on your back.

I guess it just depends on how you interpret it.

If the option was be hated for doing something wrong, or be not hated. There doesn't seem to be much of a debate here.

So I took it as even have people always upset wit you or be isolated.

So, I'd rather have people yelling at me, then have no human interaction at all.

~

• Brohoof 1

I guess it just depends on how you interpret it.

If the option was be hated for doing something wrong, or be not hated. There doesn't seem to be much of a debate here.

So I took it as even have people always upset wit you or be isolated.

Now this is where I think we are both at fault. There is too much room for interpretation, so it will lead to TOO many possibilities.

• Brohoof 1

I chose ignored because to be honest I am usually either ignored or hated. Teachers don't even notice me anymore and to be honest I am okay with being ignored. If I am hated people hurt me and call me names, If I am ignored than I can be in my own happy little world, were no one can hurt me. It may be lonely but at least its some sort of happiness. If you are hated than people will go out of their way just to make life a little bit more difficult for you.

Edited by Sky

I think I'd rather be ignored. At least then I could get to know people, and then they'd possibly stop ignoring you. If people hate you, you're kind of a lost causr in most cases.

Edited by Betez