Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What game are you playing right now?

Mint Petal

I'm currently dealing with Fire Emblem Fates, with that goddamn Conquest Lunatic (I chose that first, so RIP me in pepperoni). The dreaded chapter 10 wasn't as hard as people made it out to be (although I may be blinded by my experiences with other games, seeing how they put me on more stupidly difficult situations), and a smart usage of tonics really makes that chapter easier. 

I am really hoping it gets harder later on, because so far, I am doing it fine. Hell, I am using units that suposedly are bad (Like Laslow, reclassed to a Ninja, which is godly for me, or even Charlotte, which I just married).

Still playing Pokemon Gold on my GBC in keeping it old school and going to hit up my PS2 for some FF-X!

• Brohoof 1

Been playing a lot of Tropico 5 lately after getting it for free in the PSPlus for May. Lots of fun going through the campaign and thought I was doing quite well until I hit a bump recently that I can't quite over come. Will probably need to go back a bit in my save and plan better for the future or just start the campaign over.

Played a bit of Fifa16 for first time in a while today doing some online matches for first time in this year's version. Got promoted but it took me 5 games to get the points needed.

I've been playing Paper Mario lately. I'm almost to the final boss of the game, and as soon as I beat him, I'm going to be playing Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door.

• Brohoof 2

I've been playing Paper Mario lately. I'm almost to the final boss of the game, and as soon as I beat him, I'm going to be playing Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door.

I never did beat the first one. I had played TTYD and Super Paper Mario for years before I really got the chance to play it and I find it a bit jarring since it's such a regression from the other two being the first in the series.

Oh well. The other two are way better anyway. :P

• Brohoof 1

I never did beat the first one. I had played TTYD and Super Paper Mario for years before I really got the chance to play it and I find it a bit jarring since it's such a regression from the other two being the first in the series.Oh well. The other two are way better anyway. :P

Yeah, I don't blame you. I'm really hoping Color Splash is a big improvement and goes back to the old Paper Mario style.

I tried Paper Mario Sticker Star when it came out, but I didn't keep that copy for long. I traded it in and got myself some preorder money already down for a coming Wii U title.

Yeah, I don't blame you. I'm really hoping Color Splash is a big improvement and goes back to the old Paper Mario style.

I tried Paper Mario Sticker Star when it came out, but I didn't keep that copy for long. I traded it in and got myself some preorder money already down for a coming Wii U title.

I need to play Sticker Star still. I've heard it's pretty different but so was Super Paper Mario and I loved that one so I'm open to it. :P

(edited)

I'm currently playing Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas on my iPod Touch 5th gen.

The port is amazing and they left nothing out from the actual game.

Also here's some memes.

post-25645-0-28699300-1465272215_thumb.jpegpost-25645-0-36342700-1465272224_thumb.jpegpost-25645-0-31784800-1465272241_thumb.jpegpost-25645-0-67693300-1465272232.jpegpost-25645-0-78581500-1465272252_thumb.jpegpost-25645-0-18547000-1465272264_thumb.jpegpost-25645-0-79468900-1465272273_thumb.jpegpost-25645-0-07873400-1465272358.jpegpost-25645-0-82445500-1465272374_thumb.jpegpost-25645-0-04438200-1465272392.jpegpost-25645-0-96958000-1465272404_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Cyber Spartan
  • Brohoof 2

It's official: Demon's Souls has me hooked. Even if I did spend nearly four hours dying over and over and over and over again just getting to the second boss. When I finally beat him, I think my cry of victory could be heard down the street. 

• Brohoof 1

Playing the new Doom, about 8 hours in, Campaign is fantastic, really feels like classic Doom to me.

I started playing Medievil again. This is like my eighth time playing through it in the last couple years? lol

This game remains what I would consider the example for amazing game design. The levels are all connected so well. There's enough room to explore without getting truly lost. None of the levels take too long to beat even if you are going for 100% completion. Even your arsenal upgrades at a pace that matches the difficulty of each level almost as if you're meant to have each weapon for that level.

For example, right before the level you have to fight a bunch of Shadow Demons before they can kill some hostages you can get the enchanted sword which does devastating damage to the Shadow Demons making it easier to save the hostages.

It's official: Demon's Souls has me hooked. Even if I did spend nearly four hours dying over and over and over and over again just getting to the second boss. When I finally beat him, I think my cry of victory could be heard down the street.

This is sort of an important question but which second boss did you get to? :P

Demon's Souls remains my second place in the series. <.< >.>

(edited)

This is sort of an important question but which second boss did you get to? :P

Demon's Souls remains my second place in the series. <.< >.>

Tower Knight, the boss of World 1-2. The hardest part was actually getting to him, since I died dozens of times to that final stretch of archers and two knights. Once I actually got a shot at Tower Knight, he was a cake walk by comparison, going down on my third try after the other two times were spent learning his attack patterns.

I just somehow beat the Dragon God. You'd think he'd be really easy given all you have to do is activate two cannons then slash him a few times, but I have yet to figure out the timing on his seemingly random punch attacks while getting to the first cannon, leading to a cornucopia of deaths. Once I actually got to the first cannon, I was fireproof enough that I just booked it. 

Edited by PoisonClaw

@@PoisonClaw,

Yup. The hardest part of the Souls games is always getting to the bosses. The bosses themselves are typically very easy or manageable.

Though it should be noted that you didn't have to go straight to him. Once you beat Phalanx the other worlds open up and it's often recommended to do each world's first part before you move to the second. So you would do 1-1, then 2-1, then 3-1 and so on until they're all beaten and then you would move on to 1-2, 2-2 and so forth.

The enemies and level designed are sort of designed around that. Especially when you get to 1-4. The enemies there are meant to be fought at the very end of the game.

Super Mario 3D Land 3DS version.

I was surprised at how fun it really is. I'm a bit disappointed at some of the levels, but overall I'm very much enjoying it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

playing the original Yoshi's Island

the best game of the 1990's and one of my favorites!

anypony else remember yoshi? it has a hypnotic theme that just sticks in your head

Edited by simba86

Super Mario 3D Land 3DS version.

I was surprised at how fun it really is. I'm a bit disappointed at some of the levels, but overall I'm very much enjoying it.

This was the first non-RPG Mario game I'd really enjoyed since Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy. It got tedious by the end but it was a great ride nonetheless.