Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Forums turns 1 year old!

Twilight Sparkle ✨

Amazing thread here. One of those little-guy-gets-the-trophy stories.

*ahem* Now for my wall of text. :lol: Gonna be a lot longer than my post in the unofficial thread.

Though I wasn't a member here at launch (joined December 23), this place has still had an impact on my life. I won't lie, this place, and the people here, have helped me through depression, even if they didn't know they were. Before I joined this place, I kept to myself, only really talking to a couple people online, and that was only now and then. I was a prick, eventually falling to a point where I was trolling forums and such for my own amusement. But then, due to a twist of events, I watched My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, then wanted to discuss it with others, found this place through Google, and joined. In past forums I had been on, I was treated like garbage. Won't elaborate on that since it's kinda frustrating to, but yeah, I was very pleasantly surprised that I was accepted into this community with open arms. Not trying to sound sappy, but this forum kind of restored my faith in humanity. :P

Since then, I've been a fairly active member here. While I'm not extremely active, I like to think that what I do post either makes somepony laugh, or adds something to the discussion. So, in that way, I feel like I contribute to the forums. Sure, I was a chat mod before the chat closed down, then a sectional mod for a while, but meh, I've always wished I could throw a few bucks this place's way as a thank you. Part of it's the fact I'm kinda greedy and usually use my spendable money on adding to my gaming collection, and part of it's the fact that I don't have Paypal or anything.

Feld0, you've achieved something amazing here. You, along with the mods, have brought us a well-moderated, clean, beautiful-looking, active forum for the discussion of our favorite cartoon featuring the lives of colorful fantastical equines. In my opinion, this is the best forum on the internet. The community is the best I've ever seen. I've never seen a member who I would call a "jerk", not counting trolls, who were banned quickly by the previously-mentioned moderators. Keeping a forum of this size clean takes a lot of work, and you all do it well.

Not gonna do many specific member shoutouts because it would make this post 50 feet long, but I can do a few. Chigens: You rock, woohoo! Platinum Rook: You are best sniper. Vicke: We don't talk much, but you rock too. Woohoo! Zoop: We don't really chat much, but you're a pretty cool guy. /)

In conclusion, congratulations on one year of existence, MLPforums! May you, and we, the members, see many more anniversaries. I look forward to seeing the evolution this place goes through as time goes by.

• Brohoof 8

Wow! A whole year already eh! Quite amazing I must say, looking back at the good old times makes me feel like I should've discovered this place way sooner than I have, but no matter, this marks the start of a whole new year! I am so glad I am a part of this celebration, and I can't wait to experience all what is to come in the future, with all of you, my fellow colourful pony lovers!

I am truly excited to see what the future holds, I know it is going to be amazing, Feld0, and all of the other Admins and Mods, you have done an excellent job maintaining this wonderful community, and I'm certain this will continue, and this site will always be the quality community it is, I simply must thank all of them, because without them, this community isn't what it is now.

Concluding my post, it's been quite the ride so far, but really, it's just getting started, so, here's to many more chapters in the book of this awesome forum!

For now, it's party time!

Posted Image

~Chaos

• Brohoof 8

Horray, can't wait till s3 comes out and more will come in.

Rev up those bronies!

Posted Image

I'm so glad that I could be apart of this forum around the beginning where it was made.

Good timing for me to come back when the forum haves the birthday!

:wub:

• Brohoof 5

Yay! I so wish I was here when the forums were first made, sadly I wasn't part of the herd then, but at least I am now. Even though I wasn't here for a long time I loved every moment I am on these forums. Good job to all the admins and moderators.

Happy birthday MLP forums!

• Brohoof 6

The standards set here are nothing short of jaw-dropping. If I'm not the only member here that's not a fan of the show, I'm certainly in the minority, and I'm glad that this forum was put into my life in December of last year. I absolutely love the design, I love the forums (in particular the General Discussion boards... yum! :P), and it truly is remarkable how fast it's grown.

Such huge influence, in so little time.

• Brohoof 5

Eh, might as well tell you all a story :)

I remember being sick, back in what turned out to be the middle of season one. Being a pretty heavy 4channer, I had seen bronies when the first popped up, but thought they were just the next stupid little forced meme (there seems to be a new one every few weeks). I was talking about the few current cartoons that were actually good, and he brought up MLP. I was quite skeptical at first, but this friend and I are on the same wavelength for pretty everything type of game, show, movie, etc.

So back to me being sick. Chilling in my room all day with nothing to do, I decided to pull up some MLP. Watched the first episode and was mildly impressed, but not sold yet. I'm one of those people, however, that always needs to see how something ends, no matter how bad it gets, so I watched the second one. It was okay. Decided to watch the third, and started seeing the humor pop up more and more. Kept on watching, and before I knew it, I was in double digits. Shit. I just spent like 5 hours watching MLP.

So, naturally, I texted my friend to tell him my mind was fucking blown and this was the greatest show ever. I'm sure most of you went through a phase, however brief, where you felt the same way. The feeling has since cooled, and it's merely an awesome show now, but eh, that's irrelevant.

Some more background is needed. I've been a member of GameFAQs for nearly 7 years, and I lurked for about a year before that. I mainly joined for Golden Sun and Magic: the Gathering, but also a few social boards. I stayed almost exclusively on those boards for quite awhile, getting to know some pretty awesome people. I had always nursed a private ambition to become one of the major members of the various boards I was on, to get where people would knowledge me as more than "just another member", mention me by name when things came up that would interest me, and just generally be recognized as someone who was a pretty cool guy. I achieved this on a few boards (Golden Sun and MTG being the main ones), but since I got into gaming late (stupid parents), I was always just a pretty cool new-ish guy. I wanted to be among the first to be awesome people, so later down the road, people would say "man, I remember the good 'ol days, when we were still discovering things about the game, and everybody posted awesome and/or funny stuff" and someone else would reply "Yeah, pity (name) isn't around anymore, he was an awesome guy, but hey, at least ninj4 is still hangin' around", and I could feel all special about it. The problem with gaming forums is that you have to be there basically from the time a game is announced, keep up with all the news, and more often then not, be a big name on related games or others from the series. So as long as I was on GameFAQs, I could never achieve that.

Anyway, now that you all think I'm extremely egotistical (I assure you, I'm not as bad as that made me sound), let's get on with the bloody story. I was hooked on MLP, and wanted a forum to discuss it in. The Cartoons and Animation board on GameFAQs had an official MLP thread, which I posted in regularly, but then it got all dramatic, and other people on the board would troll the shit out of us, and some dude started filling the thread with a Rarishy shipfic he was writing (which actually wasn't that bad, I've just never been all that interested in fanfics). So I left for the great information center known as Google. Typed in "mlp forum", and guess what came up?

I gave them my email, excited that, not only would I be part of what looked like it was going to be a professionally made forum (most fan forums seem to be knocked together over night and have, as Feld0 put it ".freeforumz.net" addresses), I would be among the first to be there. Even if I wasn't cool or brony enough to be an awesome, well-known member, at least I'd be able to say I'd seen everything that went on there.

I posted about ponies, acted like a bit of an idiot, and eventually made my way into the Cloudsdale, where I rediscovered role playing. I had had some experiences with RPing, a few good, most bad, so at first, I was reluctant to join. But I thought, there's no way a virgin forum could've spawned elitist RP assholes so quickly, so I joined Ponies vs Wolves. Thank God I was right. That RP was SOOOOO the shit. And it's where I met some of my best forum friends, Linguz (who left), Finest, and Nevermore (although, IIRC, he went by Slendermane back then). We RP'd it up like a bunch of bawsses. But, as most good RPs do, everybody just kinda quit posting and that was that. Well, at least until Linguz started Elements of Nature. I've never enjoyed or put as much thought into an RP as EoN, before or since. Met Authetius in that one, another great RP bro who has since left. The rest of the forums were awesome, plenty of amazing members to go around, and it even seemed like people liked me :D

Or rather, Finest and Shankveld, who pretty much everybody liked, liked me, and that was good enough for me.

Apparently, plenty of people thought I was cool back then, but I didn't know it. Whatever.

Skating over some unpleasantness involving my ignorant disagreements with a certain female mod, because nobody wants to here about how I was a massive dick to her about RP World for a very, very long time. But I eventually saw my errors (with some help from Feld0, who talked some sense into me regarding a certain other forum issue about which I... uh... made my particularly strong feelings known.) Arylett and I are cool now (unless she lied to me, which I doubt, because she's not like that).

Anyway, it wasn't until more recently when I realized that my goal of being a both an early and well-known member of a fairly well-known forum had been fulfilled until I saw my name popping up in the multiple admiration threads that have gone through General Discussion, my name popping up in posts by people who I wasn't really friends with, and therefore had no reason to admire other than the fact that they thought I was cool (still sounding like an egotistical bastard, aren't I?). Then of course, Jokuc telling me I needed to post outside of General Discussion more so more new members could see how awesome I was (his words, not mine), and that really clinched it for me.

Anyway, big thanks to this forum for being an awesome way to lose free time, being full of awesome people, and helping check something off my bucket list (I have a weird bucket list, okay.)

Oh, and of course, explanation for my ego. Yeah, it's not as bad as it sounds. I don't feel superior to anyone because I've been here since day 1 and am well liked, I just like the satisfaction of being able to say to myself "I can go to MLP Forums, and people there like me. I can post stuff, and people will read it. I can crack a joke, and everybody laughs. Because when I'm there, I'm among friends."

Of course, now it sounds like I have no friends outside of the forum :/

I assure you I do. I actually am quite social.

Anyway, here I sit in a college, dorm writing nearly 5700 characters to explain why I like a particular website.

Strange, to look back on my time here. I used to be pretty anti-mod and anti-RPW. Now look at me, mod of RPW. I probably won't stop laughing at the irony for a long time XD

Anyway, mad propz to Feld0. Peace, br0.

• Brohoof 12

Oh, they grow up so fast, don't they?

It's crazy that it's already been a full year of being a member of this forum. I saw the announcement on EqD and figured, "Why the hell not, let's give 'er a look." I thought I'd maybe drop a few posts, and forget the forums existence, as I seem to do with most online communities.

Somehow, that turned into being a dedicated forum member, finding some of the best people on the internet, and creating best thread on the forum finding lots of people of similar interests.

We've had our problems, we've had our differences, and we've lost some great people along the way... but I wouldn't change it for anything.

Love you, guys. Here's to another year as the best goddamn pony forum on the internet.

• Brohoof 13

Happy Text Wall Day Birthday MLP forums! Everything that I will attempt to say or even think will no doubt or has already been repeated ad nauseaum, but I do want to reiterate two points.

1. This community has been nothing short of fantastic since I joined, always has been, and I expect that it will continue on far into the future.

2. A thank you to Feld0 for point 1. You have my thanks/endorsement/cookie/daughter.

• Brohoof 8

YEY, IT'S MLP FORUMS FIRST BIRTHDAY

LET US CELEBRATE WITH AWESOMENESS AND MORE AWESOMENESS AND STUFF :D

Posted Image

But yeah

I gotta say, this place has been quite awesome,

Hats off to you Feld0 for making such a glorious place where everyone can basically be themselves

You did a really awesome job :3

Edited by ~ds8~
  • Brohoof 7

Feld0, you may remember me better as Bronynonymous. I remember the first day I joined, which was a little over four months ago, I had sent you a personal message. This message went on to gush on how amazing the site looked and operated thanking you for creating such an amazing site. I had not expected to receive a message back at all, because more often than not administration on big sites like this are not that sociable towards regular members. But not only did you reply to my message, but we had an actual conversation! That was awe-striking to me, I could hardly believe the all powerful owner of a popular website would have the time of day to converse with a peon such as myself. Of course I was new to the brony community at the time and had no base knowledge on how actual individuals within the fanbase acted so I used my own experience with other forums to make my assumptions. Boy was I wrong. I have had tons of fun on these forums, and I have had some scary moments as well. I remember the debate on post count in RP's, if I recall it was my wall of text that caused you to make a post on the thread saying something along the lines of "If this keeps up I might as well just remove the whole badge system." I have to say that this site has come a long way in the four months I have been a member. Not even a month after I joined a whole myriad of rules were implemented including the post count and the character minimum. Boy I was convinced that these rules were out to get me, but as time passed I grew accustomed to them. Feld0, it has been four months since I first said this, and you will definitely hear it from me again, but you are a huge badass. Thank you for the site, continue to run it as smoothly as you have been and I have no doubt that this will become the number one pony forum in all of Equestria.

~Bronynonymous

Edited by Quincy Jayten
  • Brohoof 4

Feld0, you may remember me better as Bronynonymous. I remember the first day I joined, which was a little over four monts ago, I had sent you a personal message. This message went on to gush on how amazing the site looked and operated thanking you for creating such an amazing site. I had not expected to receive a message back at all, because more often than not administration on big sites like this are not that sociable towards regular members. But not only did you reply to my message, but we had an actual conversation! That was awe-striking to me, I could hardly believe the all powerful owner of a popular website would have the time of day to converse with a peon such as myself.

Etc etc etc

I still remember my conversation with Feld0, twas a great experience.

Would you take the blue pill or red pill?

Is it against the forum rules/ToS to add the word "moderator" to my name? Or would that violate the "don't be a backseat mod" section of the ToS? Also I have no intention of attempting to take any moderator action, or otherwise deviate from my normal posting pattern.

While it's not technically against the rules, it's probably better if you didn't for the sake of preventing unneeded confusion. :blush:

Truly truly insightful. I now apply his wisdom to my everyday activity.

• Brohoof 2

Feld0, you may remember me better as Bronynonymous. I remember the first day I joined, which was a little over four months ago, I had sent you a personal message. This message went on to gush on how amazing the site looked and operated thanking you for creating such an amazing site. I had not expected to receive a message back at all, because more often than not administration on big sites like this are not that sociable towards regular members. But not only did you reply to my message, but we had an actual conversation!

Feld0 is a man of the people.

Hell, all the mods are/were, past and present. Even when someone disagrees with a decision, unlike nearly every other site I've been to, it gets actual discussion and not just "lol nope mod winz".

Yet another reason this place continues to grow.

• Brohoof 6

Lol, Happy birthday MLP Forums! I'd like to thank everyone in here for making me a happier person, if it weren't for you guys, I would've been really stressed out almost everyday.

Thank you and let's enjoy this awesome day.

EDIT: BTW, I'll share a banner I made that was to be featured on the site till Jokuc made a better one:

Posted Image

Edited by Narutardedscum
  • Brohoof 10

Well, Jokuc's thread got frozen, so I guess now I have an excuse to post my story here, as I don't think people will go to his thread anymore, and I want everypony to know why I appreciate this place so much.

Be prepared, as this story is pretty sappy, but I'll see if I can muster up some humor in it.

It was a fine day in the year of March, 2012, and little Matt was on his computer, searching for a tf2 server to join. One of them caught his eye particularly, this server was ***************, a pony server. Now, our Matt had heard of ponies in the past, and thought that they weren't half bad, so he decided to join this server. When he got in, the first thing he saw was a banner that said, in large, friendly letters, welcome to *************** After playing on this server with fellow Bronies for a while, Matt found ponies to be quite the thing of interest. After mustering up some courage, Matt watched the first and second episodes of My Little Pony.

He found them to be not bad, so he waited a week, and started to watch some more. And then he was hooked. He joined the pony server again, ***************** and in the chat box, in large green letters, was an advertisement to join their forums.

Thrilled, Matt joined, and in a matter of days, Matt found a home on the internet. For countless hours he would spend time on the forums, talking about Team Fortress 2, My Little Pony, and anything that he thought was of interest.

But little did Matt know, there was a darker side to these forums. Though from the outside it looked like a welcoming place, things were not what they seemed. Perhaps it was because he just needed a place to talk about ponies, or he was too excited about finally finding a home, Matt did not realize this. People didn't care about his contributions. People gave him backlash on almost everything he said, people judged him for the tiniest thing, the admins would give him harsh treatment for breaking their Draconian laws.

But little Matt persevered, and continued venting all his thoughts on Ponies.

But then came that fateful day. Matt had made a topic, the name and what was in this topic is unimportant, as it is not the cause of what is to come next. Someone, whom Matt had presumed as a friend, had betrayed him, and openly insulted him on his own thread. Did the admins care? No, not at all. Offended by what the person had said, Matt defended himself, not with harsh words or language, but with humor and politeness. The person didn't buy it, and insulted me again. So once again, I tried to use humor and politeness to calm him down. But to make matters worse, another person joined in and started insulting me too.

Defending myself from him too, only made person 1 all the more angry, and this time he threw harsh words and even harsher insults at me. So I gave up with humor, and told him in a calm way that he was getting way out of hand, and that he needed to take a break. And what he said next was devastated. He said that I was always bad from the start, just an annoying kid that tried all the time to act cool. This is the word that got me. Kid. Because I was only 13. Then, believe it or not, person number 2 caught on with him and started using the word, kid, as an insult also. Many times I defended myself from these bastards, until the thread was finally locked.

With much anxiety I waited. I waited. And finally, I went to the sight again, and saw in my inbox a message, a message from one of the admins. Now, I knew from past experience that this admin was a heartless bastard, and he would never give me any mercy.

What he said next was the most poisonous thing I've ever heard. I don't remember exactly what he said, but I know the important parts.

He said that I had started a flame war, when I was really defending myself the whole time. not only that, he said the following things, insults of which the magnitude I had never felt before..."We don't need you on the forums"......."We've had 8 year-olds act more mature then you"........"you're just a 13 year-old brat"......"get out of here, and go annoy someone else's forum"....

And then he banned me.

For a while I was truly depressed. My OCD symptoms went up. I had (presumably) made many friends, had a place to call a home, and I was banned only because they didn't appreciate me, and thought I didn't belong, only because of my young age.

I waited for three months until I was to be presumably unbanned. But, in about two months, I found.......My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Forums. At first I was worried. I'm not that big of a Brony, would I fit in? I also had social anxiety, so I was worried that people would judge me like they did in **************** I thought for a while, and finally decided, why not? So I made an account, but waited a week until I made my introduction.

And that, my friends, is where my well-being turned upside-down.

To put it in simple words, all of you guys are awesome.

To put it in longer words......you guys are the friendliest, welcoming, most benevolent people I have had the fortune to meet on the internet. Do you mind that I'm 13? Hell no. Do you still respect me even though I'm younger than most of you? Hell yes. And you guys appreciate me, which is something that never happened on the other forum. All of my posts I have made I have gotten good feedback. I was scared at first, making them, but soon your actions told me that there was nothing to fear, that I'm in good hands.

In my short time I've been here, you people have really changed me. you've made me become a more optimistic fella, and I know that I have people who I can trust, and will always try to help me.

I'm sorry about my long story, but it had to be done to explain my situation.

For those of you who read my whole story, thank you.

And for those of you who hate this emotional garbage, I apologize. This story has been itching to get out of me ever since I joined the forums.

You guys really are a gift. I love you all.

And once again, happy birthday!

And I'm sorry for the double post, I'm just itching for people to here this, as it explains why I'm so grateful.

Edited by Modphase
  • Brohoof 7

Ah, reading Feld0's original post makes me miss early days of this site. Those were some good times. (I wish Kurtiss was still around.)

Sometimes I find it hard to believe I've stayed fairly active since joining. Guess the power of ponies really is compelling.

So yeah, happy birthday and stuff.

Edited by Kenny
  • Brohoof 4

Happy birthday MLP Forums, i joined here in january i think, i can't believe a year flew that fast.

I don't have much to say, just that i'm very happy that this site could get to so high in just a year... congratulations.

• Brohoof 3

Something worth noting, and because someone told me to:

I just created a quick vid that's part time-capsule, part birthday card, and part Ganaramian randomnicity. The important part about this vid is that it captures unseen footage of the Forums that I took back in Spring, as well as an archived version of the Forums that (I'm really serious about this) was from the day I first signed up.

I'm rather suspicious that the admins have their own archive, but regardless if that's the case or not, this is a nearly unintentional archive made by a regular user. Granted, it's a two-month offset between October 3rd and December 5th, but that was right at the border between the Chapter 2 and 3 Eras. It's the first 1 1/2 minutes, and the first 500+ forum members.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly8gBiAyCJo

• Brohoof 10

I wish I had such a beautiful story about my time spent here on the forums like some of ya have... Unfortunately, all I can say is that I'm glad I joined this site.

I'm a member here for roughly 2~3 months only, but this place turned out to be more than just another forum to me. It was the first door I opened leading to the brony community. It showed me how friendly, welcoming and caring those bronies could be. I've never seen anything like it, it was incredible. And too good to be true.

Talented people everywhere gifting us with amazing pieces of art, generous people donating to hospitals and treatments facilities, the wisest minds I've ever seen in my entire internet life... I'm legitimately speechless. You guys, each one of you, are simply wonderful.

Happy Birthday, MLP Forums!! Long live this fantastic community!

~ Driz the Star

• Brohoof 6

Somebody once told me, quite seriously and honestly, that my capacity for cruelty and meanness was beyond measure.

Well you can go and tell that somebody, quite seriously and honestly, that he's an idiot. :P

I know better than most, that for the greater part of this past year, you've been subjected to enough thankless work, complaint management, report stacks, accusations of surreptitious activity and personal bias, unpopular and difficult decision making, arbitration frustrations, and general diplomacy struggles to cause even the most even-tempered of individuals to completely and utterly forfeit their mental well-being. Yet, throughout every complication, drawback, or stumbling block we've run into over the year, never once have I seen you develop a proclivity for callous behaviour or personal bitterness; you've always managed to keep the personal separate from the professional, which is more than can be said for most - i'm sure if the reverse were the case, things never would have progressed as steadily as they have.

Call me mawkish, but If this past year is anything to go by, I can say with confidence that either you've mastered the art of appearing stoic in public, or that spiteful, ill-disposed Zoop you speak of has long disappeared, 'cause he sure as hell isn't here now. :)

Edited by Swoop
  • Brohoof 15

...And that's how Equestria was made!

Posted Image

Okay, here is my story in case anypony is interested...

Ever since I was 8 years old, I've been interested in chicken. There have been my favourite animal, because of their cuteness...

Posted Image

Well, noone has seemed to share my interest. :(

My sis has had Dashie's picture for skype avatar and since she isn't exactly into "shows for little girls" I assumed MLP is something like Happy tree friends. So I asked her and she was like: "Nah, it is a show for little girls."

So I was confused and decided to give it a try.

I watched first episode. It was a bit too "didactic" so to say... Teachy...

This being said, it exceeded my expectations.

The animation was just great. The characters weren't anywhere close to shallow. It was fun.

So I decided to watch some more episodes.

Then I got to know Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy and I was hooked.

Pony instantly became my favourite animal. (Yeah, that's why I mentioned hen earlier. Ponies are like chicken, only with more ppl to talk with about them :D)

I told my friend about this show and he basically said bronies must be a group of weirdos. :(

So I decided to prove him wrong by showing him some statistics.

I was surprised myself to learn how many bronies there are! O_O

While searching, I found out that some haters say every brony is gay.

So I started searching for brony sexual orientation statistics. (Stupid, I know :D)

I managed to find one. It was on these forums.

By the time I realised that apart from my sis, who isn't in the country at the moment, I don't know any bronies irl.

So I decided to join a brony forum. I remembered this one from my previous paths...

I've made dozens of great friends here.

Although I am not nearly as active as I used to be, I LOVE it here! :D

Edited by thegoodhen
  • Brohoof 6

I don't know what to say, i can say I enjoyed most of my time here. But due to school and other extenuating circumstances, I cannot be as active anymore.

And when I started being too much of a Moderator and less of a Member, i decided to step back, I am happy where I am now.

• Brohoof 6

MLP Forums, gee I have much to say.

I pretty much joined a few days after I officially became a brony. I searched up 'my little pony forum' and clicked the first result and without thinking about anything, joined it.

I do not regret that moment.

In the time I've been here (since February, also fairly close to my 13th birthday) I have made so many friends (who I should really talk to more) contributed to the ever-increasing post count, and also been inspired to start making music (more on that later).

I know I haven't been posting as much as I should, but I'm pretty sure that when Season 3 hits, I'll probably be at at least 2000 posts.

Here's to MLP Forums, to the past, present and future, I will stay with you until the very end, and hopefully try and make a bigger impact on the community.

*raises wine glass*

• Brohoof 3