Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What book are you reading?

Fridge

I've been reading Star Trek: The Next Generation Warped.  It's one of the funniest things I've read in a long time.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm reading Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami! It's one of the most fascinating books I've had the pleasure of reading. 

If you don't know what it's about, it's two stories back to back. The first features a young man named Kafka who runs away from home to escape an Oedipal curse in order to locate his mother and sister. The second story is about an old man named Nakata who works as a cat finder, who also has the ability to speak to cats.

It's such a great book and I highly recommend it.

Messenger by Louis Lowrly. The second book in the Giver series. I like how all the dark mysteries are set up--chapter by chapter, they clue you in on the darkness that is hidden in the society, despite how much they have strived to improve from their ignorant ways.

I just started reading Killing Floor by Lee Childs. I recently watched the tv-series "Jack Reacher" and while I did catch that it was based on the book "Killing Floor," I didn't realize I had it, as I own the Norwegian translated version called "Syndebukk." So yeah, missed out on my first ever opportunity to read a book BEFORE watching the movie adaption :yeahno: But it's probably for the best, to be honest, as I read incredibly slowly and often miss important details regarding descriptions (of people, places, etc) and I keep having to go back and reread things, so having the movie adaption in mind to compare to is actually super helpful ^_^

On 2022-08-08 at 2:47 AM, Starset Twinkle said:

Currently on Knife of Dreams during my second readthrough of The Wheel of Time.

Ive tried so many times to get into those books,  I just can't.    :mlp_nom:

Just got done on: Wings of Fire-The flames of hope.  

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Tao said:

Ive tried so many times to get into those books,  I just can't.    :mlp_nom:

Just got done on: Wings of Fire-The flames of hope.  

I get it, like most long series, it's not for everyone. I haven't read those, what do you like about them?

Edited by Starset Twinkle
  • Brohoof 1

hey! just popped in to recommend this new book i’ve been LOVING! it’s called the sun is also a star! i’m not quite sure who the author is. it’s a really good but i will say it’s totally a depressing. 

• 2 weeks later...

The End of the Present World and the Mysteries of the Future Life by Fr. Charles Arminjon. This was a lost book for a hundred years when Susan Conroy tracked down a copy and painstakingly translated it from French into English for the first time ever. Ste Therese of Lisieux said of it, “Reading this book was one of the greatest graces of my life,” and that was all I needed to know to get me interested. She’s never steered me wrong on a book yet and this is no exception. A truly beautiful work.

• 3 weeks later...

The Way of Fire and Ice: The Living Tradition of Norse Paganism by Ryan Smith. It's an incredibly engaging read that focuses more on revivalism and creating a personal practice for oneself rather than strict reconstructionism - plus Ryan takes a very blatant anti-folkist/anti-white nationalist stance; something I feel needs to be said more amongst modern Heathenry.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

St Maria Goretti In Garments All Red by Fr Godfrey Poage.

Truly an inspiring true story about the ultimate heroism in the face of the most terrible conditions. To think an 11 year old girl has, by her bravery and courage of spirit, faced down a hoorible fate and inspired millions of people by her example. 

It's Erebos but it's in German. 
The book is about a Video game that ypu can only play once. It's a good book. 

Erebos ist ein Spiel
Erebos is a game

Es beobachtet dich,
It is watching you,

es spricht mit dir,
it speaks with you,

es belohnt dich,
it rewards you,

es prüft dich,
it tests you,

Erebos hat ein Ziel:
Erebos has a goal:

Es will töten.
It wants to kill.

Currently reading The Lord of The Rings: The Fellowship of The Ring! 

I've read that one before, but it was ages ago and in polish. Now I am reading english version and so far it's been a very fun experience that I plan to keep sharing through blog entries. Overall I love this book and I feel happy that this is the book I use to return to reading regulary :fluttershy:

On 2022-10-25 at 9:56 AM, Sir Spooksalot said:

Currently reading The Lord of The Rings: The Fellowship of The Ring! 

I've read that one before, but it was ages ago and in polish. Now I am reading english version and so far it's been a very fun experience that I plan to keep sharing through blog entries. Overall I love this book and I feel happy that this is the book I use to return to reading regulary :fluttershy:

Cool, I have all of the lord of the rings books, in both English and Swedish, also the Hobbit, again in both English and Swedish but also Spanish. The Silmarillion and Bilbo's last song.
As you can tell I really like JRR Tolkiens work, along with other fantasy auther. In general I just really love books.

14 minutes ago, JuliaMaxOS said:

Cool, I have all of the lord of the rings books, in both English and Swedish, also the Hobbit, again in both English and Swedish but also Spanish. The Silmarillion and Bilbo's last song.
As you can tell I really like JRR Tolkiens work, along with other fantasy auther. In general I just really love books.

I love fantasy myself! :fluttershy: Aside from Tolkien I am big fan of Robin Hobb and Brandon Sanderson for starters.

My goal as far as Tolkien goes is to get illustrated editions of all his works. These are nothing short but gorgeous as I already have The Silmarillion in that release :rarity: