Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What book are you reading?

Fridge

On 8/19/2020 at 11:37 PM, cuteycindyhoney said:

I am reading "Rama Revealed" by Arthur C. Clarke and Gentry Lee. It is the fourth book in the series starting with the 1973  classic "Rendezvous with Rama." by Arthur C Clark. I read Rendezvous when I was in grade school, and finally re-read it last month so I could read all four books. "Rama II" dragged for about half the book, but then I finally got into it and it became a page turner when they finally left our Solar System. By the end of "Garden of Rama" I got teary eyed at the cliff hanger. Thank goodness I could jump right into "Rama Revealed"! It's back to being a page turner for me!

Ugh, the original book was great but the sequels got more and more painful.

I'm reading

pic_dri4.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

and

HP%2Bhalf%2Bblood%2Bprince.JPG&f=1&nofb=

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever by Stephen Donaldson, following on from the Gap Series by the same author.

I have read the first book of the series previously but never managed to get any further at that time, so this time I'm going for the full trilogy, and perhaps the second chronicles after that.

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished 'Kafka on the shore' from Haruki Murakami. Wasn't too impressed at first but after couple hundred pages story won me over. Maybe not quite as good as people praise it to be, but thought-provoking and entertaining nevertheless 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm studying various gnostic texts given the appearance of certain symbolisms, foreign to my knowledge, during the dream state.

Regarding the dirstorsive shadow of humankind, in a moment of time where the increasing emanations of light reveal what lies hidden in a subconscious world made of appearances.

It's truly a most joyous and sorrowful time to be alive. To bring the beast from within each one and all. To see humanity for what it really is, after such tiresome display of hollow pretence.

• 2 weeks later...