Favorite MLP Shipping and Why?

LyraHeartstrings

So...is your OC named Ghostface Killer?  What were his parents thinking!?

My ponysona is named "Ghost" :derp:

I haven't given him a personality yet. Not gonna lie, I made him for the sole purpose of Rarighost fanart :D

• Brohoof 1

My ponysona is named "Ghost" :derp:

I haven't given him a personality yet. Not gonna lie, I made him for the sole purpose of Rarighost fanart :D

Why do you think I made Thunderflare?

post-3094-0-06110200-1400510944_thumb.png

Someday, I will have my collection of ThunderLuna fanart.

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash and Soarin are my MLP OTP. Closely followed by (nervous gulp) Twilight and Flash Sentry. I didn't like it in EG but as ponies I think it's a good pairing. Although in my mind his pony form isn't a generic high school teen like Twilight was in EG.

• Brohoof 1

Twilight and Flash Sentry. I didn't like it in EG but as ponies I think it's a good pairing. Although in my mind his pony form isn't a generic high school teen like Twilight was in EG.

>implying his pony version is any different then his EG version.

>Implying he'll be around.

>implying he isn't a pony version of anime Mamoru Chiba

He's better off never being seen again...at least never being seen in Equestria...or mentioned, or eluded to...

APLAGHGHIEHHHHSGGGGHHHH

*starts frothing at the mouth*

*dies*

>implying his pony version is any different then his EG version.

>Implying he'll be around.

>implying he isn't a pony version of anime Mamoru Chiba

He's better off never being seen again...at least never being seen in Equestria...or mentioned, or eluded to...

I shall forever stand with my shippings.

2aiq7pf.jpg

Hey there, . There was already a topic in existence with the purpose of sharing one's favorite MLP shipping, so I have merged yours about the same subject into it.

Please make sure to run a search of the forums before posting a new topic to ensure that it does not already exist.

Thanks!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

So being in the fandom for awhile I've noticed a lot of shipping going on.  Like, A LOT.  And lately I've been seeing shipped couples I've never heard of before (Spike & Celestia, Luna & Twilight etc.)  I get you can ship any character with any character but you need to remember who would actually look good together, or if they actually show any chemistry with each other.  Some ships are better than others but it could all be just a matter of opinion.

Now when it comes to shipping I'm not too fond for lesbian shipping.  Don't get me wrong I am all for gay rights and marriage, I support than 100%  It's just I don't like to imagine Twilight Sparkle kissing Fluttershy.  To me that's just a personal thing but for some people they think it's cute.  Every person likes something different.  And if anything I prefer gay shipping over lesbian shipping.  (Mainly just Big Mac and Braeburn)

And the thing with straight shipping is that there's that one possibility it could appear on the show.  Now I'm only saying this because I remember Disney Channel having an episode of Good Luck Charlie where they had two lesbian moms.  While I was at my house cheering Disney on some group called One Million Moms sent a constant flow of angry letters and lawsuits toward Disney.  Since Disney is so powerful they got away with all that.  But Hasbro and DHX isn't so.  I mean the producers had to change the voice and name of Derpy since it offended moms.  I don't know how those moms would react when they see Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie kissing.  It sucks, but that's life.

I also don't like shipping where it involves two ponies who are related it.  That's when it gets a bit too far.  So I don't like seeing Apple Jack and Big Mac kissing, or Rarity and Sweetie Belle.  I find that inappropriate and wrong.  You love your siblings as family, not lovers.  To me family shipping shouldn't exist.  And that includes Twilight & Spike.

Anyways my favorite ship at the moment is Rainbow Dash and Soarin'.  They are the cutest thing in the world to me.  I mean, I don't know why they're just so... URGHH!  I'm also a huge fan for Sparity as well as Twilight & Flash Sentry and Big Mac & Cheerlee.  

So what's your favorite ship and why?  I'm curious to know all the ships in the fandom.  Thank you guys for reading my rant and I hope to hear from you guys soon!

- TMM

Edited by TheSydeGuys
  • Brohoof 6

Anyways my favorite ship at the moment is Rainbow Dash and Soarin'.  They are the cutest thing in the world to me.  I mean, I don't know why they're just so... URGHH!  I'm also a huge fan for Sparity as well as Twilight & Flash Sentry and Big Mac & Cheerlee.  

So what's your favorite ship and why?

Everything you just mentioned = list of ships I support :3

Big Mac x Cheerilee is my favorite though. Hasbro, we all know they're together, why can't you just come out and show it!?

I dunno, I just think Big Mac needs a girl and so far Cheerilee is the only one who's treated him in the "right" way (don't think I'm implying anything sexual here, because I'm not).

(edited)

The USS Enterprise D. :lol:

Personally, I'm not a fan of shippings in general, especially gay/lesbian ones.  If it's not canon, then it makes no sense.  This goes doubly for ANY shipping that involves family members.  (Sorry Syde, but that's just gross).

However, since human nature dictates that we subconsciously look for stuff like this (I do it in some of my son's educational programs), I can say that I have a few that I've (at least) wondered about.  Here's my top choices for each personally-designated category.

Straight:

Rainbow Dash X Bic Mac - This came to me during the first episode with the Flim Flam brothers, when Dashie & Mac were working the tread mill together. :wub:

Lesbian:

Twilight Sparkle X Princess Celestia - I don't recall what made me think this the first time, but I could see this happening as a way to help "loosen up" Twilight's perspective on being social OR as a false initiation into the royal family. :o

Gay:

Snips X Snails - This is a tough one, because there aren't that many male/male interactions in the series; seeing as how these two appear to be good friends, the possibility of a sexual encounter in their teen (or adult) years is somewhat-feasible.

Inter-species:

Spike X Sweetie Belle - I first thought of this during the conclusion of the SIsterhooves Social episode; Spike does a single act of equality to the girls, which made me think that (upon aging), Spike might see Sweetie Belle in a similar manner to that of Rarity.

Edited by Washougal_Otaku
  • Brohoof 2