Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony Movie Discussion

Espionage

66 minutes... Probably just 3 episodes (sadly) though it is promising that they are making special long episodes longer (I assume that those episodes are going to be connected)

Though if they are ever going to make a film I still really really hope that they won't use the Elements of Harmony. They are kinda overused and it just seems like the ultimate weapon that can destroy every bad thing. I think they have to use something else.

Nopony's mentioned this yet, but I think it'd be kinda funny if Hasbro got the film distributed by TriStar Pictures, just so they could do a parody on the classic logo (maybe with Derpy in place of the actual TriStar pegasus).

In a discussion with some bronies elsewhere, I inadvertently predicted the entirety of season 2's finale as we were tossing around movie plot ideas near the beginning of the year. The season 2 finale was a short movie, as was the season's premier. They should stay their course. Making a movie with the intent of making a movie will probably not turn out so well. We've seen it happen plenty of times with other franchises. While I have more confidence in the writers, animators, and everybody else who works on this show than anything else I've ever been a part of, they should stick with this formula we all know and love. Everything is perfect as it is.

No pony will ever take him for granite again.

post-6104-0-36229400-1349797537.jpg

Why would they make a huge theatrical movie when they don't even make plushies?

Posted Image

OOOHH, NOW WHAT SON?

Oh, question, do you guys think the MLP:Movie should have a more serious tone, or have a high focus on comedy?

MLP doesn't force anything. It's funny because it lets comedy happen; it's not trying overly hard to be funny. Humor is extracted from personalities and situations that occur naturally as part of the plot rather than inventing an excuse to throw in a joke or gag somebody came up with. They should keep using the recipe they've used since the beginning.

Anyway, if Hasbro released a MLP movie in theaters would you go see it? It's not impossible, Recess: Schools Out was in theaters, I saw Jimmy Neutron when it came out in theaters...

Though I wonder, is the fanbase really, truly that dedicated to go see a my little pony movie in theaters?

I would definitely go.

Some fans flew around the world to go to a convention in New Jersey of all places. Many of those who didn't attend were glued to their computer monitors for its duration. There are a lot of MLP fans who collect apparel and toys on an otaku level. No, I foresee no problems with getting the adult fans to go watch an MLP movie in theaters. Even if half of them wouldn't, that's still a lot who would, but don't forget that we aren't even the target demographic. Their primary concern remains little girls. They would want to see it and their parents would take them. Turn-out wouldn't be a problem.

Posted Image

OOOHH, NOW WHAT SON?

I said that way back in May...and I also don't consider that ugly thing a plushie at all.

In my mind, I don't expect to see a MLP movie until at least sometime after season three (if it does well).

I would say that the show should maybe wait a few seasons before starting a movie. We;re only in season 3, and the show hasn't had much 'experience' yet. Plus, not sure how the movie would be.

Also, imagine paying for a ticket to go to the movie (that is, if it comes to theaters). Imagine what people would say seeing most of the audience are older people. Sure, as a brony, I don't mind what people think, but it might lead to pointless fights and whatnot. But besides that, I'd love to see an MLP, whether in theaters or not.

However, I hope the movie itself is good. I don't want to see MLP's greatest production ruined 'cause of a horrible plot! The great thing though about making an MLP movie is that we have

1. Possibly way more songs

2. Lots of events happening

3. The excitement of seeing my favorite ponies on the big screen

I would be totally down for a movie. It could be potentially great. I mean... look at the Powerpuff Girls movie. Better animation than usual, better darker story than usual. ...Imagine that, but with MLP: FIM. I think the fandom would implode with happiness. *_*

Personally i'd rather a 26 episode season 3, rather than 13 episodes and a movie haha. For me, movies branching off from T.V series' seem a little out of place. Unless they are good of course then i don't really mind. Id just hate to see them get it wrong when they could put the effort in risk free episodes.

A Canterlot Wedding seemed like enough of a "movie" for me. It was very different from the other episodes, being more dark, and it was forty minutes long with several musical numbers.

But yeah, a full length FiM movie would be cool.

• 4 weeks later...

I have no problem with a MLP movie, As long as it isn't bad or anything. And as long as it doesn't mean they're going to end up ending the whole MLP series when they make that, because if they do then I'd like them to wait a couple more seasons atleast :P Let them stockpile ideas for it. And expend some of their ideas on some episodes.

My exact fear of MLP! When a show get's a feature length film they tend to lose something afterwards...

But to reply to your statement that I bolded. I know of a way to this that might come across as not creepy.

I was think of what if we turned the Fan Fic My Little Dashie into a movie. (For those who don't know MLD is basically the story of a man who finds a filly Rainbow Dash and raises it. It is famous for being probably the saddest fan fic out there, it is probably the only story that has moved me to tears)

Now to keep the creepiness down I think it would be best if the Ponies stay as 2D animations.

Like....

post-461-0-92337100-1326694423_thumb.gif

I think it would make for a very adorable movie! Though I highly doubt it would ever happen... well unless a team of dedicated fans make it themselves!

Other than that for an actual MLPFIM movie I'd like it to end off the series. I have the series down as lasting 5 seasons with the fandom starting to slowly diminish around the end of season 3. I feel a feature length film should act as some grand finale! As for plot it would be the ultimate test of strength for each character. I'd see them going the route of having a huge overwhelming concept which I think is fine for a finale but they really need to stick to the characters, the characters are everything! I'd see them trying to do too much to please the fans and make the characters act lackluster.

That's just my view on what probably would happen.

I agree. Before joining this forum I thought about the idea of a MLP movie being awesome but then I realized that could ruin the show. Movies of a show is only made out of desperation to garner money imo.

The only time a movie is good to make is when they're not making anymore episodes and is shutting down and making 3 movies that run as a series as the ending of MLP. Each three hours long. And hoping that day never comes. MLP FOREVER!

• 1 month later...

"My Little Pony Movie!? My Little Pony MMO!?" has been merged with 'My Little Pony Movie Discussion', as the topics are both discussing a potential MLP: FiM movie.

we need something epic

past sins will be great movie

i was thinking of super 6 legandry ponies comes to take over the place

and the main 6 need the more powerful elements of harmony

Edited by almozayaf

sounds like it would be pretty cool. but what would it be about? a movie sounds like a good way to get some more bronies.it could have all the characters from past episodes. that would be so cool. :3

As much add i hate to say it a movie would be a great idea add the end. Before everypony jumps me, everything has to end and if done right then the movie could be a really good thing. Like say twilight is made in to an alicorn because Celestia and Luna have to step down but they must work together to stop like the spawn of discord and the changeling queen made a baby with king somber. It would have to be directed by Christopher Nolen of course. Give it a moment of hopeless ness like what pixar does that leads to a climactic end.

I would actually like to see Friendship Is Magic in theaters to tell you the truth but that might mostly be because it would be my one chance to meet more Bronies. I mean I am sure they could pull off a Theater release. I think the movie would go quite well, I mean it wouldn't be a flop or anything. Maybe the thought of actually meeting more bronies is clouding my judgement but I truly would like a Theater release.

most big anime make Theater movie evry year (dragonball Z, naruto, one piece .... ) not as big as the Avatar but big

and 100% animetion and keep the budget law with only real voice acters we don't need big hoolywood stars in Animetion movie we have our stars

I have an idea

Now these are non-conon ideas and some plot holes are in these ideas

We have a film were we not only face an ancient evil, but also discover about the creation of the elements of harmony.

One: we don't know who or how the elements of harmony were created. It would be interesting to see what lead to the creation of these elements. Now don't say that princess Celestia and Luna made them because I find this highly unlikely as they needed the power of the elements to defeat Discord and this wouldn't have the power to create the elements in the first place

Two: now we get o the villain and I think I have just the character.

Tirek

In case anypony want to know who he is, he is basically a main villain in the original my little pony series.

Now Tirek is a half-goat, half-horse, half-human hell-spawn.

His plan in the original series is to use magic he calls "the power of darkness" (lame and a cliche name, but let's work with it) to turn ponies into his dragon slaves (because have an army of dragons makes you a badass). To learn more about this character google him (this will help you to see how he looks as well)

The movie can be how Tirek was imprisoned the first time and that he has returned. The elements of harmony could be hidden (or destroyed to make it more interesting) which will make beating this guy a lot harder. The mane six's abilities will be put to the test as they see friends turned against them.

This is my idea for a movie and I'm sorry if this post is to long.

A plot would entirely depend on if by "Movie" you mean "Made for TV movie", "Direct-to-DVD movie" or "Theatrical-release movie".

For example, The Spongebob Squarepants Movie was a Theatrical release, whereas Recess: The Movie was directly shown on TV and subsequently released for DVD, but never was shown or made for cinemas.

If by Recess: The Movie, you mean Recess: School's Out, I specifically remember seeing that in the theaters in the summer of 2001.

They could put the ponies in the theaters. I think it would be successful enough and make enough money.

I'm thinking maybe spring or summer 2016?

Imagine this:

Total war. Princess Luna and Princess Celestia have split up and to form two warring empires. Twilight Sparkle and Spike, both put to sleep for three years, side with Celestia, who tells Twilight her friends are dead. Little does Twilight know that her friends are with Princess Luna, and Big Macintosh is in the prisons of Princess Celestia's castle.

They need to make this a film.  :lol: