Yellow Diamond

60 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Every single episode in season 3 continue to blow my expectations.I love the subtle details in trixie's flashbacks.Trixie finally learning her lesson and being a good character has always been the outcome I imagined and I especially liked that they didn't the elements of harmony route coz that would've just been plain cheesy and repetitive.

Oh and it's already on youtube if anyone is wondering.

Edited by khaine21x3
  • Brohoof 1

This was the best episode to date! FREAKING LOVE MLP! So many shout outs to the fandom without sacrificing the integrity of the episode's plot! GENIUS! Keep breaking conventions Hasbro, because you're dissolving generations of detrimental gender stereotypes with every episode you put out there! This show is going to be a huge influence on young girls, not to mention people of all ages and genders! Decades from now, people will looks back upon this not as the show that marked the end of creator-driven animation, but as the show that marked a major turning point in how female characters are portrayed! Stay the course Hasbro, you're doing great!

Edited by Circadian
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I wondered when Trixie would come back.

I liked this one. I thought it was clever how all of Twilight's friends pretended to be different ponies in the duel. However, the ending i didn't really get. She calls herself the Great and Apologetic Trixie, and then just leaves? Oh well, at least she turned somewhat nice in the end.

Loved this episode so much. I think this is my favorite so far. THe Great and Apologetic Trixie. hehe well she still her self. Just a got accepted of the power of friendship. And the 4th wall was broken again. And Pinkie Pie was just about to say something!?!

Great episode, and all I thought it would be. I'm glad Trixie came around in the end. Snips and Snails were just as dopey as before.

It was nice to see Zecora again.

Big Mac as stallion AJ for the win.

Also, I liked the Twilight/Pinkie fourth wall moment at the end. Posted Image

For a single episode, this was really enjoyable. For an intense atmosphere, Twilight, in all her lustre and glory, didn't stray away from her teachings from Celestia and managed to put Trixie in her place by not going great lengths to beat her. Instead, she demonstrated that friends, not powerful magical abilities, are what gives you true strength. As cheesy as it might sound, it's true - even when Zecora instructed her to "use the six", she was not referring to any spells she taught Twilight. No, she asked her to use the six bonds that carried Twilight and her friends around wherever they go - their magic of friendship!

And what do we get from this? Trixie, very corrupted from her ordeal, is now forgiven and it appears as if she's learned her lesson, just like Twilight predicted about two years ago. Hopefully we'll get to see more of her, and despite Trixie's forthcoming and her attempts of conquering Ponyville were in vain, it just goes to show you that even the meanest of ponies have redeeming qualities that you should strive to bring out. So, you see - Friendship really is magic.

• Brohoof 9

That episode was really awesome! There was some clever stuff happening in there. I also like the concept!

All in all, it was a great episode, and I especially loved the Trixie Redemption at the end! (Oh and the fourth wall practically exploding when Twilight and Pinkie come back out.)

Please tell me I'm not the only pony who thought of this (and wanted to see this happen) when Twilight "cast" her Rule 63 spell? Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

• Brohoof 4

The episode was really good. I liked the plot and when applejack got turned into a stallion i was like whaaaaaat? But twilight got her good using mind over magic.

Please tell me I'm not the only pony who thought of this (and wanted to see this happen) when Twilight "cast" her Rule 63 spell? Posted Image

I can already see the outcry from religious groups that will claim MLP promotes "THE GAY AGENDA" with the gender change spell in the episode.

I hate you internet connection. 

Anyway, the episode was pretty good. 

I had a lot of times where I laughed incredibly. 

Everything was great. I actually respect Trixe now. I didn't hate her before, I did like her. I just like her more now. Though, the sad thing is what happens to Trixe now? She is still a fraud. Everypony probably still hates her. It leaves so many questions open. I guess thats a good thing though because now people can start having their own theories.

Trixie is back!!!!!! freak yeah. As you can tell that made me happy. Definitely a good episode, so much interesting stuff happening, from  the fact that Trixie no longer talks in third person, to Twilight still be stronger but definitely not as strong as must thought she was. I do hope they will show more Trixie sometime in the future, but I doubt they will.

Did anyone else feel that Winter Wrap up reference was too blatant and out of place? But anyways, the episode was decent, the ending was unexpected with the apology, but I loved the 4th wall breaking and the final battle. I mean, who would've guessed we'd see a Big Mac Applejack?

• Brohoof 1

I really liked this episode, though it was a tad bit fast paced. My theory of the alicorn amulet (over King Sombra's amulet) came true, so buck yeah. :D As everyone else says, it was nice to see so many things get canon! Rule63, age spell, Saddle Arabia... 

By the way, who else cracked up when Trixie made Pinkie's mouth disappear with a frickin' cursor and put it in a trash bin? I laughed so hard... Posted Image Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

Loved it! Especially all the little things:

-Pinkie's family confirmed still alive

-Saddle Arabia

-Fluttershy=tree 2.0

-"Alicorn is now canon

-"Mane Six" semi canon

-more Star wars references

-Lyra standing next to Bon Bon (good enough for me)

-Trixie somewhat reformed

Also, Trixie was suprisingly menacing at some points

• Brohoof 2

This was an amazing episode. It didn't disappoint and has made Trixie one of my absolute favorites. 15/10. I like how Trixie finally saw that she was just being a bully and asked for forgiveness. My favorite out of the entire episode had to be either at the very end before the credits. Pinkie broke the 4th wall again, and then Twilight came, or when there were two Rainbow Dash's making things about 40% cooler.

twilight and pinkie can now break the forth wall toghther Posted Image pinkie pie has no mouth and a cusor well i guess a third wall breaker only gets defeated by a third wall breaker.. again bunch of refrence jokes like flutter tree zecoras back they said alicorn so proably a brony shout out if you will the only thing missing is derpy Posted Image oh and pinkies dads alive (which is sorta sad for me because i was gonna make a comic with them not but ohwell proably wasnt gonna happen anyway )

Edited by pinkieshyrose

i liked the episode and everything but i think they dumbed down twilights magic abilities too much considering  1. her special talent is magic and 2. shes the element of magic. but it was a good episode overall.

This was a truly awesome episode to watch, if only it were an hour show instead of 22 min. Alicorn was made canon, the potential of duplication/gender swapping/age spells were all made canon to an extent. (Age was made canon) The whole friendship defeating Trixie was very clever. Star Wars references seem to be becoming very common :)

As for those who said the the apology came out of left field, I disagree. Trixie as a pony is still stuck up and egotistical but even she understood that under the corruption she became legitimately evil for some time. Trixie honestly seems to have some character depth in the sense she is bombastic, but isn't evil nor does she really want to cause others real pain aside from an insult. Even she has a cutoff point for her facade.

Plus it shows at the end she thanks and begs for forgiveness, but after getting it goes back to her usual self. She understood she did wrong, and faceplanted because of it :)

Fluttershy is best spy.

• Brohoof 4

Well, this episode turned my general dislike of Trixie into neutrality which is inherently impressive.

I thought it was a fairly good episode, it's currently my 2nd favorite of the season so far. It is probably the strongest episode continuity wise, with loads of references to previous episodes like Winter Wrap Up, Boast Busters obviously, Swarm of the Century and the Cutie Mark Chronicles. We even got to see Zecora again which I found fantastic, and she even got to be used in the mentor role she was originally intended for.

There were also many things for the fans, alicorn terminology being canonized, another Fluttertree scene, a double rainbow and breaking the fourth wall like never before.

My one major issue is that Trixie should probably have apologized to the ENTIRE town, and not just Twilight, as she treated the rest of them pretty dang crappily as well, and for a longer period of time.

• Brohoof 4

I'm waiting for this episode to show up somewhere... it is SO frustrating that it's not shown in Canada the same time as the US. The station that broadcasts it here (Treehouse TV) doesn't have any of the Season 3 episodes on it's schedule.