Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Heaven vs. Equestria: Where would you go?

jackleapp81

Equestria of course... Heaven for me would just get booring... I mean, if i could have anything, there would be nothing left to achieve... Ofcourse, at first it would be! *HEAVEN YEAH!!!! I SHOULD HAVE DIED SOONER!* But then most would change...

By the way, i don't really even believe in a heaven or hell *Ath---*

So yeah! Eqeustria, equestria, equestria again. I know some people say it's still not the perfect world, but it's perfect for me...

Edited by Concord

The bible doesn't promise you that Heaven is a good place. Nowhere does it intend that you'd like Heaven, so I don't see your point.

Tsk tsk tsk, read these: Heaven is a place of

great joy and pleasures for the redeemed (Psalm 16:11). In heaven, we will sing praise songs along with all the rest of God’s creation (Rev. 5:13). Btw, the Bible never says that it intends you to like Heaven, but it does promise that it is a place of joy and eternal pleasure. Now do you see my point?

great joy and pleasures for the redeemed (Psalm 16:11).

In heaven, we will sing praise songs along with all the rest of God’s creation (Rev. 5:13). Btw, the Bible never says that it intends you to like Heaven, but it does promise that it is a place of joy and eternal pleasure. Now do you see my point?

But how are you sure that god isnt lying?. We dont even know if humans and angels get treated as equals there.We dont if heavan has technology like computers ,tv-s and stuff.

great joy and pleasures for the redeemed (Psalm 16:11).

In heaven, we will sing praise songs along with all the rest of God’s creation (Rev. 5:13). Btw, the Bible never says that it intends you to like Heaven, but it does promise that it is a place of joy and eternal pleasure. Now do you see my point?

There is a simple thing that causes me not to like the idea of religion. I always found things like sins of lust and sloth to be much more joyful and pleasureful than living a pious life. And just because Heaven makes you FEEL good doesn't mean that it's a fun place. What if it just makes you feel like that for no reason? Technology and other things not mentioned in the bible are by far the greatest joys in life but you'd probably never see them again.

Heaven is thought of as a flawless place, so I choose heaven, granted that it isn't just sitting in the clouds all day and not doing nuttin'. If that's the case, then Equestria and be best friends with Twilight. There are epidemics in Equestria. Lots. Even if the mane 6 resolve in the end, all the attacks could get very stressful.

Edited by Dιѕмajo
  • Brohoof 1

To me Equestria would be paradise. So the chance to live a full life in Equestria, and then still be able to get to Heaven when I die in that world? The answer to this is easy......

Equestria.

But I believe that Heaven is whatever you want it to be. So my Heaven would be Equestria anyway

Well as long as they're isnt any negative consequences of going to Equestria then to heaven I'd probably go to heaven. Atleast if i get to be a pony.

Its just something that I'd be really curious to experience. I know it won't be a wonderful paradise where nothing bad happens, but its just one of those things you'd wonder about if you didn't go there.

And as long as heaven will still be around when I get back, I'm fine with going to Equestria.

However that makes me wonder.. Would I go to heaven as a pony or a human when that happens?

Meh who cares, same spirit I guess anyways.

I really hope people don't turn this into a religious debate like every other thread ever that involves any philosophical thinking. :/. Just have some fun thinking about it :)

Equestria of course... Heaven for me would just get booring... I mean, if i could have anything, there would be nothing left to achieve... Ofcourse, at first it would be! *HEAVEN YEAH!!!! I SHOULD HAVE DIED SOONER!* But then most would change...

By the way, i don't really even believe in a heaven or hell *Ath---*

So yeah! Eqeustria, equestria, equestria again. I know some people say it's still not the perfect world, but it's perfect for me...

Reminds me a lot of Charlie's dilemma in the movie "All Dogs Go to Heaven".

"Everything is so lovely here. So planned, so ordered. And that's what's driving me crazy."

I need Brazil, the throb, the thrill

I've never been there, but someday I will

Adventure and danger, love from a stranger

Let me be surprised

Edited by jackleapp81

There is a simple thing that causes me not to like the idea of religion. I always found things like sins of lust and sloth to be much more joyful and pleasureful than living a pious life. And just because Heaven makes you FEEL good doesn't mean that it's a fun place. What if it just makes you feel like that for no reason? Technology and other things not mentioned in the bible are by far the greatest joys in life but you'd probably never see them again.

Wait, wait, wait...why the hell are you bringing technology into a religious arguement? You're basically saying that technology makes life great. Think of other places in the world where people don't have that, they live a good life. They make life work for them. Sure, it is nice to have things like TV and xBox and stuff like that, but those things don't bring great joys. If that's the point that you're making then that's truely sad. :(

But how are you sure that god isnt lying?. We dont even know if humans and angels get treated as equals there.We dont if heavan has technology like computers ,tv-s and stuff.

You're right, we don't know, and I sure as hell know God isn't lying because A. I have a strong faith that I'm not letting go of and B. it says in the Bible that God hates lying. The Bible says that lying is of the Devil. If God hates lying and if it's of the Devil, God would be, basically, denying what he has said in the Bible if he were to lie.

• Brohoof 1

Wait, wait, wait...why the hell are you bringing technology into a religious arguement? You're basically saying that technology makes life great. Think of other places in the world where people don't have that, they live a good life. They make life work for them. Sure, it is nice to have things like TV and xBox and stuff like that, but those things don't bring great joys. If that's the point that you're making then that's truely sad. :(

You're right, we don't know, and I sure as hell know God isn't lying because A. I have a strong faith that I'm not letting go of and B. it says in the Bible that God hates lying. The Bible says that lying is of the Devil. If God hates lying and if it's of the Devil, God would be, basically, denying what he has said in the Bible if he were to lie.

It may be truly sad but  it's the truth, the developed world relies on technology for entertainment, the developing world doesn't count, it's not that they don't want technology it's that they don't have it because their economies are just developing. I would truly say that 

technology brings the greatest joys in my life. It's not that I don't want to have other joys, I just don't.

Heaven is thought of as a flawless place, so I choose heaven, granted that it isn't just sitting in the clouds all day and not doing nuttin'. If that's the case, then Equestria and be best friends with Twilight. There are epidemics in Equestria. Lots. Even if the mane 6 resolve in the end, all the attacks could get very stressful.

The truth that many people fail to accept is that without imperfections life is not worth living. It would be boring and eventually it would be like torture to live in a perfect world.

• Brohoof 1

Since there's no Heaven, I'd prefer to go into Equestria.

I'm sure things are way better there, except for you will not be immortal.

Well, I would prefer some years in Equestria than eternity in Heaven.

I would truly say that 

technology brings the greatest joys in my life. It's not that I don't want to have other joys, I just don't.

I'm sorry, I didn't know that. That must suck. Having to rely on technology to bring happiness, I just can't imagine that. Well, I'll be praying for you, even if you don't believe in God. Still, I don't see why developing counties don't count. I know people in the US who never watch TV, and they have a happy life. Anyway, that's kind of irrelevant to what I'm saying. Btw, I have to ask you, why don'tyou have any other joys in life? There must be a reason. If it's one you want to keep personal, don't say, and if it feels more comfortable to PM me, go ahead :)

Edited by EpicMuffinTime
  • Brohoof 1

It may be truly sad but  it's the truth, the developed world relies on technology for entertainment, the developing world doesn't count, it's not that they don't want technology it's that they don't have it because their economies are just developing. I would truly say that 

The truth that many people fail to accept is that without imperfections life is not worth living. It would be boring and eventually it would be like torture to live in a perfect world.

I think you are neglecting to consider the possibility that our wants, our desires, and our emotions might not even be what we traditionally consider them to be once we reach heaven (provided that you believe heaven exists). Adjectives like "boring" or "un-interesting" might not even factor in there. Heaven ideally, would provide satisfaction on all levels (or at least the levels of emotion we'd have in the form of a soul, un-constrained by our ego on earth).

You and I must have lived significantly different lives, because my greatest experiences and memories did not involve technology. Not to say that technology couldn't be a kickstarter, so to speak, for memorable life experiences, but I think technology does not provide happiness or satisfaction at the same level that a meaningful face-to-face conversation can provide, or simply being around someone who radiates joy, or connects with you on a deeper level. People need people, not technology. Technology provides entertainment, and it can be an outlet for positive social interactions, but so can a person. Happiness is not, and should not be, limited to technology.

Edited by jackleapp81
  • Brohoof 1

I'm sorry, I didn't know that. That must suck. Having to rely on technology to bring happiness, I just can't imagine that. Well, I'll be praying for you, even if you don't believe in God. Still, I don't see why developing counties don't count. I know people in the US who never watch TV, and they have a happy life. Anyway, that's kind of irrelevant to what I'm saying. Btw, I have to ask you, why don'tyou have any other joys in life? There must be a reason. If it's one you want to keep personal, don't say, and if it feels more comfortable to PM me, go ahead :)

My father left me when I was four and I spent most of my time growing up alone, solitarily, I didn't make my first friend until I was in the ninth grade.The most recent of my problems was when I developed Type 1 Diabetes in 2009. All I do is learn, when someone died in the family I'd learn specifics about the reason behind their death, not cry, or grieve, I don't care for feeling things, all I do is learn facts, facts are what I care about. I don't find enjoyment in relationships anymore. I don't trust people, but facts would never manipulate me.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations

My father left me when I was four and I spent most of my time growing up alone, solitarily, I didn't make my first friend until I was in the ninth grade. All I do is learn, I don't care for feeling things, all I do is learn facts, facts are what I care about. I don't find enjoyment in relationships anymore. I don't trust people.

So...you're kind of like a robot, in a way. Severely emotionally scared by an unforgetable event, therefore losing all emotion, only able to live off of and be happy with fact and technology. That really does stink. I have no idea what that feels like, because I have never lost a family member as close as a father. I will be praying for you. I hope things straighten out soon :) and I'm very sorry about your father, that must've been a rough time for you :(

Edited by EpicMuffinTime

So...you're kind of like a robot, in a way. Severely emotionally scared by an unforgetable event, therefore losing all emotion, only able to live off of and be happy with fact and technology. That really does stink. I have no idea what that feels like, because I have never lost a family member as close as a father. I will be praying for you. I hope things straighten out soon :) and I'm very sorry about your father, that must've been a rough time for you :(

I guess if you want to continue this conversation we should do over PM. I'll be available. And yes, that's a problem, things will never straighten out for me. Thank you for your caring. It means a lot to me.

I guess if you want to continue this conversation we should do over PM. I'll be available. And yes, that's a problem, things will never straighten out for me. Thank you for your caring. It means a lot to me.

I'm glad. Btw, if you have any other problems, feel free to PM me or E-Mail me or something. I'll be happy to help out. I'm good with that kind of stuff, whether it's emotional or anything else ^^

I would actually... Be interested in that option.

I say Equestria. But! Only because you are going to die again, and then return to heaven. So why choose one option when you can have both?

(Plus, being a pony, I can make friends with all the Mane 6. :wub: )

Now, if the option was to completely stay in Equestria, I'd probably say no, as tempting as it sounds. But if God would be alright with it, then...