Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Taking it too seriously?

Twi Rubix

Its probably just me, but it bugs me when the ponies seem a little too be too serious whenever Princess Celestia is around? Granted, she is the overall ruler one who rises the sun, and banishes ponies to the moon, but in almost every scene she is in, she just wants to have fun. And Twilight seems overly obsessed with Celestia.

I dunno, does it kinda bother you?

Its probably just me, but it bugs me when the ponies seem a little too be too serious whenever Princess Celestia is around? Granted, she is the overall ruler one who rises the sun, and banishes ponies to the moon, but in almost every scene she is in, she just wants to have fun. And Twilight seems overly obsessed with Celestia.

Whenever the pony in front of you can banish your ass if you misbehave, yeah, I would be scared too.

And Celestia is like a mother to twilight.

Of course she is obsessed.

But so are we.

Whenever the pony in front of you can banish your ass if you misbehave, yeah, I would be scared too.

More than that. She can take the entire sun away if she desired. Just hold it in lockdown. Starve out your nation.

She's an all powerful eternal sun goddess that has trapped one other powerful being in stone, and banished another to the moon for a thousand years.

I'd do everything in my power to not piss her off, I wouldn't care if she was the most easy going pony out there. You don't piss off somepony who practically has insane amounts of power in their hoof.

I don't really think it's because she can banish ponies to the moon. She obviously wouldn't do that in canon unless the pony was a threat to Equestria like Luna. Celestia is a fair ruler and doesn't arbitrarily punish everyone contrary to make the whole Trollestia thing people like makes you believe. They're probably just being extremely respectful of her because she's their ruler. She's royalty, and you're supposed to treat your Princess extremely highly and with dignity.

Traditionally when interacting with those of regal status, a level of royal etiquette is expected, such as bowing or curtsying, and making gentle eye contact. The show tends to mimic these customary formalities, for the sake of retaining a level of accuracy regarding human practices, similar to how ponies personifiy other human aspects.

• Brohoof 1

The thing is, you can see sometimes that Celestia just wants to be treated like one of the normal ponies. She doesn't really care if her subjects are completely respectful as long as she can just be looked at as a friend instead of the great and powerful sun goddess that she is. It probably really hurts her that even Twilight, the pony she is basically a second mother and mentor to, doesn't trust her completely most of the time.

Celestia only seemed to get serious when...

Discord Came

Twilight causes Ponyville massive Havoc

And when Nightmare Moon came.

In fact, when she was at the party in Bird in the Hoof, she looked kinda disturbed when Ms. Cake kept refilling her tea cup. She also tells Twilight that she doesn't care if a Friendship lesson is overdue, and tells her to stop studying and make friends in Episode 1.

Basically, like others said, she is their ruler and a physical goddess, so you are going to treat her with the nobility and respect that someone with her title deserves.

As for Twilight, Celestia is both a Teacher and a second mother, and both are someone in life that you don't want to disappoint. It's true that Twilight goes overboard, but it's just out of not wanting to disappoint the most important pony in her life.

i kind of hate that to...they are kind of kiss ass pony's when she is around ..... i dont care what she can do ...just act normal

actually i think that Twilight is the only pony that does act normal around her ...she just adores her and looks up to her like to an idol..thats why she acts like that ..

but every other pony are just kiss ass around her ....and yea if I where there id just act normal..I dont care who she is ..same with day to day life [trust me no one likes a kiss ass]

It's completely normal that they would treat their ruler who is also a godess with respect and fear. Twilight is closer to her but he is also very afraid of disapointing her, being her prized student and all of that

She controls the freaking sun. Of course they don't want to make her mad. Remember what the last person who controlled the sun did when she got angry?

Yeah. They do act afraid and nervous around Celestia. Celestia just wants to be a friend to them, but I'm pretty sure you'd be nervous too if you were standing at the foot of a goddess. ;)

The way I see it, I don't care if you can throw the whole sun at me, let alone put a country through eternal night. Whoever you are, I'll act normal around you unless you have a gun pointed at my head.

if Celestia was real, I'd better not piss her off. wouldn't want to end up like Luna or poor Discord...I would certainly be nervous if she was around. or I'd better be a good friend of her, like Twilight, just to avoid problems...

While I'm hardly one to think of Celestia as a tyrant, she certainly deserves respect. She's the leader of Equestria and has been for at least one thousand years. While it is sometimes hard to determine just how much power she actually has, either in terms of her authority or her magical ability, one should still give her the respect she deserves.

And really, I don't think that the characters have been too respectful or too serious around Princess Celestia. On the contrary, I've often thought they weren't showing enough respect. For instance, during Bird in the Hoof, the Cakes felt more like they were playing host to some intermediate goverment fuctionary than the ageless leader of their nation.

So it makes perfect sense to me that they act the way they do around her.

I am one person who would not really care much about her incredible magical powers then I guess, judging everyone's reactions. From her profile of her power use she only uses magic to punish those who are either almost matched to her or actually are more powerful than her. As a normal mortal I am sure what ever I would do would not make her smite me. Only send her guards after me or something like that if I were to fling feces at her or something equally horrible.

So yeah, being all familiar and relaxed around her? No problem!

Can't any unicorn raise the sun?

I mean in the Christmas special it showed one unicorn raising the sun. ~

I think it takes a large group of Unicorns to raise the sun. Celestia can do it by herself.

Given what has already been shown in the show, we know what a pony giving her everything she's got into her magic looks like.

Posted Image

Seeing that everypony knows that Twilight is one of the more powerful unicorns in Equestria, even she was strained to her limit by lifting and carrying the ursa minor.

Celestia on the other hand, barely even uses any of her magic when she raises the sun.

Posted Image

Seeing as Twilight represents the cream of the crop of all unicorns, I imagine that it would take a good amount of unicorns like her just to raise the sun and moon every day and night. Considering that not all ponies are anywhere near her level of magic, it would take a good deal more. Long story short, Celestia is VERY magically powerful and seemingly immortal. So it's understandable that ponies fear her a little. To their benefit though, she is (at least outwardly) benevolent.

• Brohoof 1