Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What time do you usually go to bed?

Bucky McGillyCuddy

I am oddly consistent.   I can count the number of sleep schedule irregularities I've had in the last five years on two hands. 

I have the early shift at work, so I go to sleep at 9 PM to wake up by 4:30 AM.  I don't have anything really time-specific on the weekends, so I go to sleep at 10 PM the night before and end up waking up at about 6:30 AM. 

It's boring, but consistent. 

(edited)

High school: Technically, my "bedtime" was 9:30pm and I was supposed to wake up at 6:30am. To hay with that, the internet is too addictive for such! My actual sleep pattern involved falling asleep at around midnight and waking up at 6:20am. Every now and then, it would vary even more: falling asleep at 1am, waking up at 4:30am, etc. Often, I wouldn't feel groggy or tired in class the next day. I guess I've gotten used to getting 5-6 hours of sleep on a regular basis.

Summer and winter vacations: Generally, you can't reach me between 3:30am and around 1pm when long breaks come around. During the summer or winter break, when someone asks me why I go to bed so late (occasionally as late as 5am during the summer) and wake up in the early afternoon, I tell them that it's because of summer (or winter break)!

College is too wild to even pin down any kind of pattern. In fact, now that I think about it, I don't have much of a "pattern" to begin with! 

Edited by skbl17

During the summer I usually get to bed sometime from 1:30-2:30 and wake up around 10:00-10:45 depending on if I have to work in the morning or not.

During school I try to be in bed by 1:00, but it ranges to around 2:00. Wake up is generally 8:45-9:45 depending on my schedule.

Unless I have school or something to do the next morning, i'll usually go to bed at around 2 and wake up at around 10 or 11.  :P

I usually work evenings so I can sleep in late if I want to.  B)

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing wrong with it, I actually try and aim for that time during the school year if I can, it gives me some actual energy the next day during school. 

But, as much as I aim for it, I usually stay up late anyways.

Over the summer i'd say my normal time is usually around 2 AM. Maybe later or earlier depending. 

I'm not much of a morning person, so yeah. The rest of my family is though ;p. But they don't stay up that late usually.

• Brohoof 2

I'm a wimp when It comes to staying up late. I'll usually go to sleep around 8-10 and wake up anywhere from 4-6. Early to bed, early to rise, and all that.

Edited by Banul

I usually goto bed at 10:30 AM If I got school tomorrow. Wakeup at 6 - 7 AM.

On holidays and weekends, usually 2:00 AM. Wakeup roughly at 11 AM.

So 10:30 - 11:00 should be just fine, although it depends when you wakeup.

is currently 2am .. still busy but i will probably go soon 

Depends on the occasion, 2 is normal unless I have something to do that day that requires me getting up earlier than 10

and once in a while i pull an all nighter just for the fun of it. :P

I usually have two 30 min naps during the day though, they help.

and i have gone to bed pretty early before now .. but thats usually due to sickness

If i may suggest .. i go by this website and it lets me know just how much sleep i need and when i should wake up depending when i go to bed

:D  http://sleepyti.me/

Edited by ScaleWrangler
  • Brohoof 2

I don't know. I kind of feel like I'm missing out on life by going to bed that early.

Though, I'm not a very social person anyway.

Well, really it isn't going to affect your time awake atleast, as long as your asleep the same amount of time.

The only time it affects your time awake is when, well you sleep less ;p.

I'd also like to throw in randomly that many times I go to sleep at like 2 AM still during the school year anyways, or close to it, because I think it's a great idea until I wake up in the morning and am running on like, 4 hours of sleep. ;p.

• Brohoof 1

During the summer my normal bedtime is around three o'clock, sometimes later depending on how tired I am. When school rolls around I shoot for ten thirty at the latest, but then I always cheat and stay up till one browsing the Internet and watching stupid YouTube videos. I always tell myself it's not healthy, but I can't help it, leaving me grumpy during the day with only six hours of sleep or so.

Well, really it isn't going to affect your time awake atleast, as long as your asleep the same amount of time.

The only time it affects your time awake is when, well you sleep less ;p.

I'd also like to throw in randomly that many times I go to sleep at like 2 AM still during the school year anyways, or close to it, because I think it's a great idea until I wake up in the morning and am running on like, 4 hours of sleep. ;p.

usually you'll find it easier running on 3 or 41/2 hours as the natural sleep cycle is 90 mins from one REM to the next REM phase

using this you can make it so you wake up at a time where your'e closes to being awake anyway and that prevents a massive onset of tiredness from waking up mid cycle from a deep sleep phase

• Brohoof 1

usually you'll find it easier running on 3 or 41/2 hours as the natural sleep cycle is 90 mins from one REM to the next REM phase

using this you can make it so you wake up at a time where your'e closes to being awake anyway and that prevents a massive onset of tiredness from waking up mid cycle from a deep sleep phase

I suppose in one instance you are correct, but the recommended amount of sleep that most people need daily is around 7-8 hours. So unless I end up taking a few hour nap, I'll probably end up quite tired and probably sleep deprived after a while.

But I can understand what your saying, but just because I may feel a bit better temporarily, waking up around the end of my natural sleep cycle, it won't last long, and that doesn't make it healthy necessarily. Especially since I don't usually take naps anyways.

During the summer I go to bed anywhere from 12:00 - 2:00. and wake up between 8:00 - 10:00 During School time it's more like 10:00-11:30 and wake up always at 6:00