Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ponify the World!

St. Pinkie

• 4 weeks later...

D.C. Can be District of Celestia

Does any body have one for Ohio or VA cuz I can't find a person that has one for them

That's all I got

Alburquerque: Alicorque

Nebraska: Zebraska

Burbank: Burflank

Fort Wayne: Fort Mane

Kansas City: Pegasus City

Raleigh: Raneigh

Dayton: Neighton

Minneapolis: Mineighapolis

Anchorage: Alicorage

Lincoln: Lincolt

Vancouver: Vanhoofer

Miramar: Maremar

Hayward: Hayward

• Brohoof 1

Heh, the city where I live is always a city in Equestria - Vanhoover!  But then, I think the Equestria version of it is based off of Vancouver, BC rather than my hometown of Vancouver, WA.

But let's see... a couple other cities nearby...

Portland = Ponyland

Seattle = Seattfoal? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
(edited)

ShamrockFlynn, on 18 Jul 2013 - 01:38 AM, said:

Well, since the original Irish name for Dublin is Dubhlinn, which is pronounced doov lin, I suggest Hoovlin or something of that nature.

First of all- Holy s*** someone actually posted in this thread! It's been dead for months, and even back in the day it was barely active. Second of all, that might work, although I think it runs into the problem of people who have less extensive knowledge not getting it. Still, it's not like I have any better ideas. Thanks for the suggestion, at any rate.

By the way, you appear to be new to the forums, so... Welcome!

Edited by Alex Kennedy

Thank you.

I found this site during a search for ponified country names and it was the first result, which was fortunate because I was looking for a ponified name for Ireland.

I actually know quite a bit about Ireland. I take great pride in my heritage, and thusly have done extensive research. For example, did you know that back in the pagan days before the arrival of Saint Patrick, the High King of Ireland mated with a white mare to cement his rule of the land? Sure, it's a little weird nowadays, but they were so reliant on horses back then that they were practically family.

Thank you.

I found this site during a search for ponified country names and it was the first result, which was fortunate because I was looking for a ponified name for Ireland.

I actually know quite a bit about Ireland. I take great pride in my heritage, and thusly have done extensive research. For example, did you know that back in the pagan days before the arrival of Saint Patrick, the High King of Ireland mated with a white mare to cement his rule of the land? Sure, it's a little weird nowadays, but they were so reliant on horses back then that they were practically family.

I'm quite proud of my heritage as well, hence the existence of this thread. Did you know Saint Patrick wasn't Irish? Anyway, I'm glad to have brought some fresh blood to the site. We can always use more quality members, and I have a good feeling about you.

I'm quite proud of my heritage as well, hence the existence of this thread. Did you know Saint Patrick wasn't Irish? Anyway, I'm glad to have brought some fresh blood to the site. We can always use more quality members, and I have a good feeling about you.

I did, actually. He was a British slave who requested to return to Ireland after he was released. He used the shamrock to explain the Holy Trinity to the Irish people and his staff, the Bachal Isu, is rumored to have survived the destruction of "superstitious relics" in 1528.

Um, well i'm not a big skilled person at making ponified names for places and stuff, but I suppose i can try.

Um, how about Marerland xD. Idk. It actually kinda sounds better for something like Mariland in America then for Ireland.

I got nothing for the other places in ireland really, sorry.

Yeah I'm not a whole lot of help for this am i xD?

I did, actually. He was a British slave who requested to return to Ireland after he was released. He used the shamrock to explain the Holy Trinity to the Irish people and his staff, the Bachal Isu, is rumored to have survived the destruction of "superstitious relics" in 1528.

Alright, you win. I honestly don't know Irish history half as well as I should. I don't really get a chance to learn about it as much as I'd like, and ADHD makes it hard to spend any length of time researching it on my own.

how about Marerland

I thought about it. Couldn't stand it for some reason. But I appreciate the suggestion. It's nice to see that this thread is getting at least some meager amount of attention now. 

• Brohoof 1

If I recall correctly, the Gaelic spelling for "Ireland" is "Eireann" or something like that, Anglicized to "Erin" as in "Erin go Bragh."  So, you could change the "Neighlic" spelling to "Mareann" and pronounce it "Mare-in."  In standard "Pony English" it could be transliterated to "Maireland," basically pronouncing "Mare" with a bit of a lilt (more like "Mayre") to distinguish it from the "Mareland" that's probably a district in Equestria south of Manehattan.

Googled: it's Eire.  So, maybe just put an "M" in front of that to yield "Meire," probably pronouncing it something like "Mare-eh" or "May-reh."  Or you could try using Google Translate to look up Gaelic words for "horse" or "pony" and see if there are any derivatives thereof that you like.  The name "Eire" is that of a goddess of sovereignty, so you could also look up Gaelic words for "sky" or "heaven" (i.e., "Celestia") and use one of those if you like it.

@,

Congratulations! You win this thread! Have a thousand Alex points, redeemable wherever Alex products are sold.

In all seriousness though, that blows away every other idea I've heard (no offense to anyone else). Eire is somewhat well known as a name for Ireland, so it should work quite well. Nicely done. 

• Brohoof 1

Stalingrad and St. Petersburg are two different cities. Stalingrad is now called Volgograd. St. Petersurg is a present name of Leningrad.

No. No. It's Neighgra Falls, not Niagra Foals.

Also, Sydneigh (Sydney Australia). And Timbucktu (Timbuktu, Mali).

Stalliongrad (Stalingrad, now St. Petersburg, Russia), Trotpoli (Tripoli, Libya), and I came up with the Amblezon Jungle (the Amazon)

(edited)

Ireland seems to be the only country where pony names can be hard to originate. I thought of renaming Ireland as "Mareland" at one stage. It sounds like the only match to the "Ire" in the name Ireland. And what's more, like Britain has Britannia, Ireland is mothered by Hibernia, who's obviously a female, and seeing as a female horse is called a mare, it only makes sense.

Anyway, here are some of the counties in pony form:

Galway=Gallopway

Donegal=Donegallop

Waterford=Canterford

Mayo=Mareo

That's about it for now

International pony names:

Berlin=Marelin

Cologne=Coltogne

Barcelona=Marecelona

Fulton, Missouri=Foalton, Maressouri

Thx for reading /)

Edited by SCHNOIPURR

Well, I'll name some towns near me since most of you got the major ones~

Hadley- Hoofly

Albany- Allmaney

Hamburg- Hoofburg

Thas all I got for now anyways

No. No. It's Neighgra Falls, not Niagra Foals.

Also, Sydneigh (Sydney Australia). And Timbucktu (Timbuktu, Mali).

Stalliongrad (Stalingrad, now St. Petersburg, Russia), Trotpoli (Tripoli, Libya), and I came up with the Amblezon Jungle (the Amazon)

How about Neighra Foals?

Combine all the ponified cities of America for the epic win-dom of the universe and all ponies within it! 

• 3 weeks later...

I too have an Irish themed OC, and have also struggled to come up with Ponified Irish places. You could use Buckfast for Belfast, Wublund for Dublund (the dub-step capitol of the world), Gallopway for Gallway, Steedbanshire for Strabanshire, have them all hail from the Coltic tribes, probably drink (ginger) ale as opposed to cider, listen to some Drop Buck Murphys & Trot Lizzy and have them beat the holy hell out of anyone who even mentions the words Leprecolt & saddle-o-gold. 

• 3 weeks later...

So, we know that some cities have been 'Ponified' and I'm wondering. Have they done every where?

I'm sure they haven't but I would like to know where they have done and if you guys have got any cities that you've ponified?

I've tried some Of the Cities in my Country.

Like Sydneigh (Sydney)

I know they did Manehattan and Appleloosa. That's the only two I can think of off the top of my head right now. I have ponified no city because puns are tough for me. Especially the pony related puns. :P