Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ponify the World!

St. Pinkie

St. Plesakburg. 

A play on St. Petersburg in Russia and the Russian name for Trotter breed of horse. "Pleask" ""Рысак"

Gryphus

A Griffin city. I thought of this one a while back and Don't remember what the inspiration was for it.

Port-au-Paddock; Or Paddock-au-Prince (Port-au-Prince, Haiti, plus Paddock)

Havanner (Havana, Cuba, plus Vanner, which is a powerfully built type of horse used for light draught work)

Saddle Domingo (Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic)

Neighssau (Nassau, Bahamas)

Carriagefour (Carrefour, Haiti)

Konikston; Kigerston (Kingston, Jamaica; and the Konik and Kiger breeds of horses)

I did a bunch of cities in and around the Caribbean Sea, for the sake of a pirate RP that's getting started up. Any of these may be used. I particularly like Neighssau and Havanner.

Sorry if somevof these have already been said...

Colchester -> COLTchester

Rome -> Pone (terrible)

Fulton -> FOALton

Cornwall -> ALIcornwall (no?)

Zimbabwe -> ZimBABSway :3

Nashville -> DASHville

Louisiana -> HOOVESiana XD

Best I could do at short notice, sorry ;)

Alright, this is kind of random, but my OC Rambler is supposed to be Irish. Well, actually the pony equivalent of Irish. The problem is, I've been trying for a solid month to come up with a ponified name for Ireland, but I can't come up with anything. The best I could think of was Neighlic as a ponified version of gaelic, the rarely used native language of Ireland, but gaelic is obscure enough that people wouldn't get it anyway. So I decided it was time to consult the forums. To start off with, can anypony think of a ponified name for Ireland? Or for that matter of any of the following places in Ireland: Derry, Galway, Belfast, Dublin, County Tyrone, Donegal, Strabanshire- I'm going to stop listing places now because otherwise I could be typing this for the next hour.

Edited by Alex-Kennedy

him this is quite the challenge of linguistics. Ireland i can only think of Equeland or Irestria. the rest i would have to sleep on cause the best i can come up with for the cities is, for example, Hublin and Clopway(clop being the sound hooves make when hitting a hard surface)

Hmm... Gallopway? Stallionshire? I dunno. Thats all I got atm. If I think of anything, I'll be sure to tell you. BTW just a heads up I have no clue what most of these places are.

I wouldn't expect you to know what they are, it's only through a combination of study and coincidence that I do. Strabanshire isn't even a particularly big town, in fact it's pretty obscure. The County Tyrone is... a county... called Tyrone; in America, and as far as I know most other countries, it would be Tyrone County, but in Ireland it's flipped around for some reason. Dublin is the capital of Ireland. Galway and Belfast are the two other biggest cities. Donegal is another county.

Yep... I'm sure that knowledge will come in handy for you someday... or something.

I wouldn't expect you to know what they are, it's only through a combination of study and coincidence that I do. Strabanshire isn't even a particularly big town, in fact it's pretty obscure. The County Tyrone is... a county... called Tyrone; in America, and as far as I know most other countries, it would be Tyrone County, but in Ireland it's flipped around for some reason. Dublin is the capital of Ireland. Galway and Belfast are the two other biggest cities. Donegal is another county.

Yep... I'm sure that knowledge will come in handy for you someday... or something.

I'll find a way to make it useful. Somehow. I always do. *Starts thinking about how to include pony version of Ireland into fanfiction.*

What a coincidence, not too long ago I was thinking of a ponified name for Ireland; Scotland as well. And like you, I couldn't think of any name. The best suggestion (in my opinion) is Neighlic. But as you said, seems to obscure.

Donegallop?

What a coincidence, not too long ago I was thinking of a ponified name for Ireland; Scotland as well. And like you, I couldn't think of any name. The best suggestion (in my opinion) is Neighlic. But as you said, seems to obscure.

Donegallop?

I meant to tell you but for some reason, I never got around to it. I have heard people use Coltland for Scotland, and going along with that I guess you could use coltic (celtic) too.

I'm gonna go with Fillyapolis, Manesota. Though I'm really from St. Foal.

(Also, in this thread: puns. Puns everywhere. We all ought to be ashamed of each other.)

• 2 weeks later...

I like this thread.

Let's see here...

I think first I'll go with my home town Raleigh, NC. How about Raneigh? doesn't really roll off the tongue, but it'll do. There's also Seattle, which could be Seaddle. Yeah!

So this eventually turned into me thinking of ponified city names for ten minutes. Here are all the results:

Raleigh: Raneigh

Seattle: Seaddle

Austin: Trotston

Las Vegas: Las Pegasus

San Francisco: San Friendcisco

New York City: New Colt City

Topeka: Trotpeka

• Brohoof 1