120 users have voted

1. 1. Who Likes it?

• Greatest Music Ever
    • Really good music.
    • Not bad, but not my favorite
    • Not Terrible, but not my thing.
    • Just dont like it.

why does my thread always die for? :c

I think it's because people keep starting threads about all the different types of Electronic. Like this one for example. Cynic's Punk thread suffers for similar reasons.

I think it's because people keep starting threads about all the different types of Electronic. Like this one for example. Cynic's Punk thread suffers for similar reasons.

yeah, i've seen 1 or 2 dubstep threads been created on here.

but your metal thread is always going strong. i guess that's because you keep posting in it like every frickin' day. xP i couldn't do that at all.

but your metal thread is always going strong. i guess that's because you keep posting in it like every frickin' day. xP i couldn't do that at all.

Not nearly as strong as the What Are You Listening To thread, but I lucked out in having other users that post constant metal. NNL, Cynic and Stryker are almost always in there.

Not nearly as strong as the What Are You Listening To thread, but I lucked out in having other users that post constant metal. NNL, Cynic and Stryker are almost always in there.

and of course, Metal Thread is a lot more convincing a name to post music in than it is in a thread called Electronic Music Thread. more recognizable term for most people would be like, Techno Thread or something, lol.

a shame since i'd love to see more electronic music pop up in there so i could broaden my horizons a bit more in it. :c

I wub wub wub dubstep! One of my favorite genre's of music ^3^

I know I will never convince those of you who like dubstep to not like it. I really do understand. But I feel this feeling boiling inside me, like you're just not understanding. Like you've been breathing toxic air your whole life and don't understand that the air is cleaner everywhere else, and you refuse to step away from it. I feel like I'm talking to those people whose sole music tastes come from the top 40 pop and rap hits. Dubstep does not deserve your affection; not nearly as much as other artists who really put some effort and heart into their work and aren't just toying with synth settings. I won't try to say it's because of the way its made, or who makes it. It's because every song sounds the same and that song is not very good. You are listening to a perversion of music. You are wasting your time and your appreciation on pabulum. I only say this because music runs in my blood. I tune instruments by ear and play a few of them, too. (not trying to brag, just giving you a sense of where I'm coming from.) Dubstep is not the only form of music that sucks this bad, but it's the most prominent in society.

Edit: Please read the following section as if I am feeling regretful rather than obstinate, as that is what I intended.

I can't even listen to most pony fan music because I already know how the song is going to go if it's dubstep - starts in with synth build up, maybe some modulation on "somepony in a sample talking" repetitively... drums are used sparingly here, but become more present as the intensity builds, then at the last second the instruments drop out for a quick "talking sample" then BASSDROPwubwubwubwub wik-wik-wik-wik-wik-wik wowww wowww wu-wu-wu-wu-wu. Am I very far off? How is that fun or interesting or new or original?

I read this and still love dubstep! I also play instruments and tune by ear, I even can tune a piano!
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
DUBSTEP IS THA BEST THING SINCE XBOX360 EVAAAAAA!!!!!!NEVER HEARD SUCH GREAT BEATS IN MY LIFE BEFORE!I ALSO LIKE SKRILLEX AND DEADMAU5!!!!!THAT IS ALSO WHY VINYL SCRATCH IS 2ND BEST PONY!I LISTEN TO DUBSTEP ALL THE TIME,WHEN I'M EATING BREAKFAST,BAM!I PUT ON DUBSTEP,WHEN I'M PLAYING XBOX,BAM! PUT ON DUBSTEP!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Brohoof 3

DUBSTEP IS THA BEST THING SINCE XBOX360 EVAAAAAA!!!!!!NEVER HEARD SUCH GREAT BEATS IN MY LIFE BEFORE!I ALSO LIKE SKRILLEX AND DEADMAU5!!!!!THAT IS ALSO WHY VINYL SCRATCH IS 2ND BEST PONY!I LISTEN TO DUBSTEP ALL THE TIME,WHEN I'M EATING BREAKFAST,BAM!I PUT ON DUBSTEP,WHEN I'M PLAYING XBOX,BAM! PUT ON DUBSTEP!!!!!!!!!!!

something tells me you like dubstep.....
  • Brohoof 2

Music is simply noise generated in rythme and stuff. Don't remember the whole big definition but dubstep is technically music. I enjoy it and it is great for getting pumped up before a game, but imo rock and metal are WAYYY better.

Just to clear this up, people who say dubstep is 'simple', it really isn't. You have to blow loads of money on DAW's and VST's, learn to use them, and actually figure out a good rhythm. It isn't that simple.

On topic, yes I do like dubstep, however, I've always preferred rock over all music.

That's funny. I hate people who think Deadmau5 and Skrillex are dubstep. Most of Skrillex's stuff is Dirty Electro, and Deadmau5 is EDM.

Edited by DylanKLJ

Just to clear this up, people who say dubstep is 'simple', it really isn't. You have to blow loads of money on DAW's and VST's, learn to use them, and actually figure out a good rhythm. It isn't that simple.

On topic, yes I do like dubstep, however, I've always preferred rock over all music.

That's funny. I hate people who think Deadmau5 and Skrillex are dubstep. Most of Skrillex's stuff is Dirty Electro, and Deadmau5 is EDM.

For me.That Dirty electro, and EDM is same as dubstep or similar to dubstep.

Honestly I love dubstep :wub:

I don't consider it being the best as I listen to the other genre as well but I still wubwub wuvs it.

Edited by TheBrokenToast

I can enjoy dubstep, but it's not really my thing. I have been listening more to dubstep since I got into the fandom and met a few people who liked dubstep.