Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight has become an alicorn: how many bronies left?

MK15

I guess it's amazing what wings can do.

Honestly, I think fans of the show owe it to themselves to at least watch the season 4 premiere before writing off the show already just because Twilight is now an alicorn. Believe me, I don't like the idea of Twilicorn either, but I'm not quitting the series until the show's quality plummets, and that hasn't happened yet. Don't worry too much about it, the fanbase will still continue to grow and I'm sure a lot of fans are just frustrated. A lot of them will probably come back with their tail hanging between their legs. :P

• Brohoof 1

I never thought that so many bronies would hate the fact that Twilight has achieved something as grand as this. I for one have no problems with it and I will not leave the fandom. In fact, I will never leave it. 

Normally I am someone who hates change like this, but I see the positives of it and they outweigh any negatives, which I really do not see in the first place. She is still Twilight. I cannot put it any simpler. I have given my opinion about this situation countless times already.

• Brohoof 1

I think it's totally crazy that ponies who love the show left because she became a princess it only means that there's more possibility for her out there in the world and that she needs to protect ponyville

• Brohoof 1

the_writers__gift__by_facelessjr-d5vwbrg

What I really know, is that those five people have built an amazing and fantastic show in the last three years. If they can do this once, they can do this again, even if Twilight is an alicorn. I trust them, I believe in them. If you don't believe in them, then you shouldn't be here from the start....

(for who doesn't understand, those are the ponysonas of Cindy Morrow, Amy Keating Rogers, Meghan McCarthy, M.A. Larson and Corey Powell, the five main writers of the show).

Edited by MK15
  • Brohoof 2

MK15 makes a good point, but I'd like to take it a step further. The writers have not only created a good show, but one SO good that it has created a fanbase so rabid that they are willing to go on a righteous crusade because the show MIGHT change for the worse. A fanbase made of adult males. For a My Little Pony show.

I don't think that can be overstated. The combination of these facts STILL makes my head hurt, and I'm a big enough fan of the show that I spent ten hours (or more) writing a literary thesis on the season finale.

As far as I'm concerned, the writers have already done the impossible. I'm excited to see them do it again.

• Brohoof 2

C07uou7.jpg

Whoops all this twilicorn stuff makes me laugh a lot actually xD. She grew wings now whoop de doo!? And plus there is still much more to come. I am quite relaxed about this whole ordeal *sits back and enjoys the wait for season 4 *. 

• Brohoof 1

What? Twilight grew wings and became an alicorn?!? Well, better start packing up and leave.

Wait? It already happened?!? I guess there is no point in that anymore is there? XD

On the serious note, why would a brony leave after watching a show that teaches loyalty? If you ask me, they aren't brony enough XD

You kidding? I 'd never leave the fandom, no matter what 'crazy' thing happens. I'm sure even some of the haters are staying. It's those things where someone hates something, yet they still keep/use it. 

I think i't's pathetic how people have already left, when Alicorn Twilight has only appeared for ONE EPISODE. Sheesh, trust the writers, since when have they let us down? And guys, it's a show for crying out loud. Those guys leaving are acting like it's the end of the world and universe as we know it.

It's okay to maybe not agree with Alicorn Twilight, but leaving the fandom because of it? Pointless. I will always remain a brony. Twilight's still gonna be with her friends, and have adventures with them. She'll just have wings, that's all.  So, I will remain a brony, and I will indeed trust the writers, show, and everything. Simple. It's a cartoon, so chill.

Edited by Pixiesong

I sincerely hope you were sarcastic on that last one. Not so much bronies have left the fandom, but those who have made their voice loud and clear, while the rest of us just answer: 'Whatever, Love and Tolerate dude'.

The minority is always the loudest because the majority does not need to make their voices heard.

• Brohoof 2

Post #60 made me LOL! 

Seriously, is there any way to determine how many people have left the fandom?  When I go into old threads I see a LOT of usernames that are no longer active here.  But I think that's just natural turnover and unrelated to the Twilicorn thing. 

I also dislike making Twilight an alicorn at this time.  I personally would've preferred something like this:  A new villain appearing in MMC to deny Twilight of her destiny.  Dealing with him or her would've set the tone for season 4 and possibly beyond.  Even though we may be stuck with Twilicorn, both the cartoon and the community here are too much fun for me to simply walk away. 

I really don't mind Twilight becoming an Alicorn. heck, in Season 3 opening, (may have the wrong season in my head) When they went to the Crystal empire to help Princess Cadence protect the empire, you can see Princess Celestia and Princess Luna talking about if twilight was ready. and then later through the season, they are still testing twilight through leadership and friendship. So i knew something big was going to happen to twilight. Could i have said "yea, i knew she was going to be an alicorn." No, i couldn't  and it was a huge shock for me. But in my honest opinion, i do believe that she deserved it. she was a great unicorn, and she will be a great alicorn. 

I guess you can say that my opinion is somewhat bias being i like Alicorns, but i like the other ponies just the same. If you read my signature, not the picture, but the lines in there, Twilight before being an Alicorn, in my eyes, Always seemed to live by three lines in there. "I will always place the Mission First, I will Never accept defeat, I will never Quit" Those are three lines in the United States Army Soldier Creed and with in the Soldier's Creed, those three lines are called the Warriors Ethos. Something i stand true to everyday. and that's what Twilight always did. In the discord episode, she looked as if she finally admitted defeat and quit, but came through for her friends. And when she was given a task to do, she made sure it was done no matter what as long as it did not jeopardize her friends.

Many of you are reading that and saying what dose this have to do with Twilight being an alicorn. and in closing i would like to explain that. Alicorns in the show are shown to be royalty, yes, but they are also leaders and somepony to look up to. By Twilight becoming an Alicorn, she has shown to everypony that she can be relied on, not just by ponyville, but to all of Equestria that did not know her until then. She let her Actions speak louder than words could. 

I know i will remain a brony in heart, and should i ever leave the fandom, the fandom will never leave me. Heh, i am actually should i die put something MLP Related on my tombstone. I dont see me leaving the fandom anytime soon because bronies here have helped me through tough times and i thank you all for that. Twilight has my vote no matter if she is an alicorn or just a unicorn. Thank you...Goodnight

• Brohoof 1

Leaving the fandom because of the transformation? Not the best, but becoming a hater is much more worst. There are still 64 episodes and episodes in the future without Twilight in them to watch, so there's no reason to hate the show. And what bothers me is how inatentive bronies are theese days. "Twilight is going to be her same dorky self and will live in Ponyville, the only change is that she will have wings and there will be some princess moments." "I originally intended Twilight to suseed Celestia at the finale and to make the others sucsessful and rich, with Rainbow Dash becoming a wonderbolt". Why does no one listen to what the writers have to say?

Also, if bronies left because of this, why didn't they leave because two important secondary characters, Trixie and Discord, were redeemed? And why didn't they hate all of the show when some bad episodes aired? If those kept them standing, why go away cause of alicorn Twilight? Why do people wish for Rainbow Dash to become a Wonderbolt and hate Twilicorn? Wouldn't that be making her a Mary Sue too?

If people are going to be Drama cause of this and/or worse, become haters, I'm seriously worried.

• 2 weeks later...

So.... here we are. Twilight has become an alicorn. One of my best friend betrayed me, not only has left the fandom but he has become a hater.... Now tell me, there were other bronies that left or have become haters for this? If I can say, it is very stupid to act like this...

Well I do know that a lot of the fandom has left and some on here have left too. I will just say the fandom has been divided majorly since the finale and it is quite sad too see. 

They left that easily? then they were probably people we don't want here in the first place. This whole thing about leaving the fandom just, because Twilight is not an alicron reminds me of some people in the US who threaten to jump ship whenever things get a little bad... it disgusts me to no end, but we live with it.

For any of you who leave over something as petty as this:

2wqyhlk.gif

• Brohoof 1

Actually a good bit of people have stayed, if anything more people have left from some of the fights resulting then from the actual transformation, the majority is going to atleast stay to see how things turn out.

I'm pretty indifferent to it though. Even if people will leave there is going to be plenty of others joining the fandom to.

Its sad to see the fighting, but I think most of the bronies are still staying, even if they end up not liking Twilight anymore, we've still got 5 characters afterall.

I personally don't care, wings or not doesn't really matter to me :P.

I don't understand the rationale of people leaving the fandom because of Twilight becoming an alicorn. I mean, just for that?

I got pissed at Celestia and the other Mane Six bowing to Twilight, I got pissed at some things that last episode. But there's a whole season to come.

If there's a crew that can make this work, it's guys running MLP:FIM. I trust these guys to work with this and make something cool and just as good as the show has been. I'm going to wait what they make of it before bailing out.

Where are these '90% have left' statistics coming from?

All the bronies I know in RL are still around. Which is about 20 ranging in age from 15-45  and are of a variety of genders, so I'm not seeing a mass exodus from any demographic. Then again, none of the people I deal have any patience with immature ragequit nonsense, no matter what their age.

• Brohoof 1

Reasons to leave the fandom:

- You stop enjoying the show.

- You stop enjoying what the community has to offer.

- Being a part of the fandom is having a negative effect on other aspects of your life.

I really do think that it's that simple.

• Brohoof 1

Where are these '90% have left' statistics coming from?

All the bronies I know in RL are still around. Which is about 20 ranging in age from 15-45  and are of a variety of genders, so I'm not seeing a mass exodus from any demographic. Then again, none of the people I deal have any patience with immature ragequit nonsense, no matter what their age.

Yeah, I really don't think it had much of an inpact on the brony population. 

I only personally know of one person who left, but he had already lost about 90% of his interest in the show (nothing specific turned him off, he just gradually stopped paying attention to ponies) and was already halfway out the door when he heard the news anyway. 

It wasn't a ragequit or anything, more like "Twilight's an alicorn?  Oh well, that's it for me."

I have seen some come and go but my friends have stuck with MLP through thick and thin. I, along with many other bronies are still here. If some pony decides to leave well then it's their choice and theirs alone, who's to judge? Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just happen to support the idea and find it rather unfortunate that so many would leave behind such a great show and fandom just because of a few choices they don't personally agree with. Granted, I'm somewhat concerned for the longevity of the show myself but I'm sure it'll work itself out in time.

Edited by APonyToRemember

• 4 months later...

I don't understand the hatered of Alicorn Twilight, She's still Twilight I'll admit I was unsure at first but I'm actully quite enjoying Alicorn Twilight It will more to the show I think its awasome though I hope they don't make season 4 all about Twilight, I like Twlight but she had a lot of screen time in season 3, I hope they develop the othe mane six, Cmc and maby some back ground ponys ( Spitfire, Derpy, Lyra, Octavia, Djpon3 and Dr whooves) :) and hopefully Rarity Will get more screen time since her lack of appearances in season 3 and she needs another song love her singing :D

:catface::derp::);)  -Spitfire22

• Brohoof 1