Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight has become an alicorn: how many bronies left?

MK15

If people honestly left the fandom because Twilight grew wings, (which she kinda-sorta deserved) that's just really silly.

I mean, I personally think she got the wings a bit early, and needed to learn a bit more, but it's not worth leaving the fandom over. It's still a superb example of modern animation.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Oh my gosh, to leave the fandom because of a change to a cartoon character is the stupidest thing I ever heard in the fandom!! Really? You're acting like a bunch of little girls who didn't get the latest Barbie doll...

Also, I could never bring myself to leave the fandom.. I love it too much.

Edited by Dashabel
  • Brohoof 1

Why would anyone leave fandom? Just cause Twilight has got wings? It's just one little detail. It won't change MLP concept. So why...?

I don't know, but it's strange. I understand somebody can don't like Twilicorn  but it's not a reason to leave us. If you don't like new princess you should think about other ponies. You musn't think "Twilight is still unicorn", but you can pay less attention to it ;3

Aww.... I won't leave fandom and that's most important for me.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think that we should worry about the bronies that left... because I'm one of them, I came back though because I craved MLP like cigarettes, I reckon most bronies came back..... or they WILL come back... once season 4 shoots up bronies will be rushing back and I'll be waiting with a big grin 

Personally, They could all become fish, and Rename it to My Little Fish, I think I'd still stay... *Bro-fin*. Essentially, I am saying I don't really care what the characters become, they are still the same loveable characters. To hate MLP Because Twilight has wings is very silly, and your friend really needs to get his priorities straight.

Yeah. She's an Alicorn. But I don't care. All they added was a pair of wings. I think people don't realize that she's the same old Twilight Sparkle we used to know. She's no different. Now, I can see why this would bother people about season 4, because they don't expect the show to be the same anymore, but I'm gonna watch that first episode with the mindset that it will be just the same. Great, and lovely as always.

I don't really care for the bronies that left, since it isn't that big of a deal. Twilight is still the same just a bit taller, and she has wings so let's not leave just because of that.

(edited)

If you leave the fandom over a change that you cannot accept nor are you willing to accept then expect everyone else to think the same way you do about it, then proceed to chastise Hasbro over something you refuse to understand, then you're not a brony. I like Twilicorn and am eagerly optimistic for season 4, but I fully understand that not everyone thinks this way. It's too bad not everyone realizes that and instead chooses to uphold drama that should have ended months ago rather than learning how to accept it and that not everyone thinks the same way as you.

Edited by Daring

(edited)

I don't think many people left because of twicorn. It was the combination of half a season of eps, bad writing in s3, twilicorn, making peace with all the villains, equestria girls, and a YEAR of no ponies that caused quite a few people to leave. Trivilaizing all those reason is not realy fair tbh as combined they are pretty good reasons to think MLP was in a downward spiral. But i agree there's just as many reasons to stay and wait it out.

Edited by Freewave
  • Brohoof 2

I don't think many people left because of twicorn. It was the combination of half a season of eps, bad writing in s3, twilicorn, making peace with all the villains, equestria girls, and a YEAR of no ponies that caused quite a few people to leave. Trivilaizing all those reason is not realy fair tbh as combined they are pretty good reasons to think MLP was in a downward spiral. But i agree there's just as many reasons to stay and wait it out.

Season 3 had bad writing? That's weird. I thought it was the funniest out of all three seasons.I mean,'One Bad Apple' had some awkward writing,but that's about it.

Season 3 had bad writing? That's weird. I thought it was the funniest out of all three seasons.I mean,'One Bad Apple' had some awkward writing,but that's about it.

Nope i think when you compare all 3 seasons I find that a lot of my favorite eps are from s2 and mostly later season 1 and only a few from s3 in the back of the pack. People may have different opinions of course but i think people who've been here for awhile have felt a drop.

I think the fandom survived when she grew wings. Think of all the storylines there could be now, and how the episodes will be like! Imagine the new theme song!

(edited)

This pretty much sums it up for me:

post-6560-0-51172000-1374904120_thumb.png

All Hasbro cares about is the almighty dollar.  They are willing to screw us all over for a few thousand more.  If I could choose to undo either EG or rushed-Alicorn, I would undo EG though.

I'm not going to relay for fake optimism and pretend I think it was a good idea.  That being said, I'm still not going to abandon the show until things get even worse or there's a EG series.  Then I'm out.  Hasbro can't beat a dead horse.  :]

CARLOS!

post-6560-0-58039500-1374904804.jpg

Edited by John
  • Brohoof 4

Other then the fact that the episode felt rushed and they kinda told everyone way before it happened i support princess twilight and cant wait to see where season 4 takes it

(edited)

I honestly think everypony leaving is being a Rarity and being totally overly dramatic and blowing everything out of proportion about this! I know everypony is upset over the whole Alicorn thing but seriously, that's no reason to leave the fandom! I surprisingly got my friend Ivy into mlp and as doom and gloom emo moody as she is she could have cared less about Twilights change! She took it all in stride! my Best friend Jessica freaked out at first but eventually got over it and just accepted it like I did! Why can't everyone do the same!?

This pretty much sums it up for me:

attachicon.gifaab.png

All Hasbro cares about is the almighty dollar.  They are willing to screw us all over for a few thousand more.  If I could choose to undo either EG or rushed-Alicorn, I would undo EG though.

I'm not going to relay for fake optimism and pretend I think it was a good idea.  That being said, I'm still not going to abandon the show until things get even worse or there's a EG series.  Then I'm out.  Hasbro can't beat a dead horse.  :]

CARLOS!

attachicon.giftumblr_lw5pcgcane1qahbsb.jpg

if I were you I would do both since both decisions had the same goal: Throw Faust and the rest of the mlp team over the cliff and lHasbro takes over to make decisions not for the kids, not for the fans,not for the good of the show, but j just to make more money!

Edited by PonyRocker88
  • Brohoof 1

I find it disturbing for people to leave the fandom just because of a change, however major it may be.

And I don't think it will be that big a deal. In Equestria Girls, (and in the Season 4 spoiler clips, I might add) we've seen Twilight behaving just like she's the lovable, epic unicorn she's always been.

Personally I have no problem with her being a princess and alicorn now, honestly she deserves it and it is her destiny after all, I can't wait till Season 4 premieres to see what sort of challenges and tasks she has now that she's royalty. I also enjoy looking at artwork on deviantart.com that shows her as a princess.

(edited)

I'll be here no matter what comes! Personally, I think it's a shame that people would leave the fandom just because Twilight became an Alicorn. Where's a series without it's surprises? Just because it's different doesn't mean that it's not good! Still, when season four starts, I'm sure at least some of them will come back!

Edited by DJ-BRONI3

I'm with the fandom all the way thru. Wether it be good or bad. If alicorn twilight is considered the bottom of the barrel, then I can only guess what the top can be. Come on epic show down, where art thou?

I liked EqG, I disliked Season 3's finale and I still can't accept the Twilicorn thing as canon - because of Season 3's finale. But at the end of the day, I'm still here~

I don't really care much if Hasbro is only looking at the cash and is starting to ignore the fans, I'm here mostly because of the fandom. Friendly and caring people everywhere, awesome daily fan-made content, intellectual discussions and well-thought-out ideas... Bronies are, by far, my favorite thing about the internet in general.

Besides, I still have lots of positive expectations towards Season 4. Perhaps I'll gradually get used to Twilight being an Alicorn, who knows~

So.... here we are. Twilight has become an alicorn. One of my best friend betrayed me, not only has left the fandom but he has become a hater.... Now tell me, there were other bronies that left or have become haters for this? If I can say, it is very stupid to act like this...

I agree it is stupid to leave seriously!They had to do it sometime!They wanted the shw to goon so this is how they chose to do it!

But I am mad about it though. I don't think Twilight should be bove all of her friends. I don't know how it will work in season 4 either. I belive that maybe they could've not made her princess but I really don't know. But I am mad about it because they should ll be the main characters and not have Twilight above all of her friends if friendship is magic keep them together s just regular ponies,unicorns and pegasi seriously!

It's hard to me to believe that the show ever mattered anything for those who abandoned the ship that easily. Like, really. I'm not trying to boast, but honestly, I never was a big fan of the idea of Twilight becoming an alicorn myself, but I never even considered leaving the fandom just because one of the characters grows a bit taller and gets wings. Well, of course I understand if somebody leaves because of simply getting tired of the show, but that kind of things shouldn't happen that suddenly. :huh:  But to each his own, I suppose.

I'll say this.  The true fans stayed.  And honestly, not as many fans left as some people might think.  Sure a few people left the fandom, but most stayed.  It's the same for anything that changes.  Personally, I think that even the people that 'left' the fandom are going to come back, because of one thing.  Curiosity.  They're going to want to know where things go from here.  It's basic psychology.

Edited by SBaby