Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight has become an alicorn: how many bronies left?

MK15

I left most of the fandom because the new bronies seemed less interesting to me then they did in the past and kind of did it before S3 ep4 came out, also because the music just didn't have the taste I liked in some of the older brony songs, of course I'll still make pixel art for other and what not, just got tired of the fandom I guess.

I thought making Twilight an alicorn was a really stupid move and I was pretty devastated when I saw it on screen, but I'm still here. Even if Twilight is dead to me we still have 5 other cool ponies!

Hasbro took almost all creative control of season 3. I don't think that season 3 was bad, but when you pit it up against season 1 or 2, you can tell it just kinda...dropped in quality. Season 3 had maybe...2 or 3 episodes that I really liked.

From my understanding Hasbro didnt take creative control. I heard season 3 was possibly running as its last season so the writers filled the season with many ambitious ideas knowing it may be the last season they'd work on. (A plausible reason for why we had so many debate worthy and topical episodes: Discord's return, Scootaloo's episode, Trixie's return, Too Many Pinkie Pies, Alicorn Twilight)

Though I'm not 100% sure, so i wouldnt be surprised if I was wrong on this.

I'm not exactly what you would call a supporter of Alicorn Twilight but i'm not going to get up and leave, i mean like someone pointed out earlier its been basically confirmed that we only saw part one there could be so many outcomes including her sacrificing her princess/alicorn status to save the world again. I honestly don't care as Hasbro/FiM writers have always made even the craziest ideas awesome (too many pinkie pies being the biggest example for me) so i mean even if they let her keep them it should work out in the end. If i remember correctly someone was talking about season 4 at some convention for MLP and said they thought that Alicorn Twilight was pulled off ok, so all we can really do it wait and see. 

After this, the fandom divided for the worse.

Fans ranting, friends fighting, and fans leaving the fandom!

I was shocked, and a couple of my friends also turned into haters and worse.

But in the end, I don't mind it, and I'm still a big fan no matter what, fans complaining won't ever stop me. B)

Still don't understand how it's possible that she suddenly changed her species but I'm kind of over it. Honestly, I wasn't very happy at first but I never planned on abandoning the series. I think she looks cute as an alicorn and I've gotten used to it.

..I still dislike the final episode of season 3, though. It just bores me.

That's assuming that Alicorn is in fact another separate species; I personally follow the line of thought that it is more like a designation than a species.  I.E. the only Alicorns are the princesses/rulers of Equestria, besides them no other Alicorns seem to exist...

And as I have said before, I like and agree with the decision to make Twilight an Alicorn (see my response here)

One of my best friend betrayed me

What kind of lousy standards do you possess that you ever called a guy who betrays you over a cartoon your best friend?

For that matter, what qualifies as betrayal? Did he punch you in the face and cum on your sister, or did he just stop liking the show you like? Because the latter is not betrayal.

The majority are still here. Things change, people rage, then they adjust. That's life. Just ask Youtube and Twitter.

Still don't understand how it's possible that she suddenly changed her species

...You're one of those people who has a dream about flying around shooting lasers from your hands and screwing models then wakes up to complain about the logistics and realism, aren't you?

It's #%&*ing magic!

• Brohoof 1

If your "Friend" abandoned you as you grew up in life due to some changes, would you still say they were a "true friend"? I feel the exact same logic applies to fans, and their fandoms.

Edited by Tomoko Kuroki

Here is the thing that bronies need to take into account,

Hasbro took almost all creative control of season 3. I don't think that season 3 was bad, but when you pit it up against season 1 or 2, you can tell it just kinda...dropped in quality. Season 3 had maybe...2 or 3 episodes that I really liked.

I've just started a quest to watch all the My Little Pony shows from the *beginning*, with G1, and I remember the original Transformer and G.I. Joe cartoons. I can honestly say that bronies have forgotten what 'Hasbro taking creative control' looks like. Hasbro is showing *restraint* with Friendship is Magic.

If Hasbro was in control Season 3 would introduce three additional pony races, a character from at least one of those would be added to the mane 6 to make it mane 7, there would be several episodes devoted to the ponies playing dress-up with no actual story, all the background ponies that have toys would rotate through one-line speaking parts performed by the same three voice actors while being addressed at least once by the official name, all of the playsets would need to be referenced directly and have their features demonstrated in-show, in the finale of the season *all* the Mane 7 would be transformed into Alicorn Princesses to bring the number up to a nice even 10, and a selection of a mere score of background ponies would be given a new larger set of the Elements of Harmony to bear as they travel to the four corners of Equestria bringing peace and light and slumber parties.

Yes, they do 'interfere' with the show on a regular basis. But relative to the way Hasbro normally behaves, what they're doing with MLP right now is pretty close to neglect. :blink:  :lol:

Even though Twilight is an alicorn, I'm still sticking by her :)

I see this as her reward for all her hardwork, dedication, and, most importantly, her friendships she has cultivated and fought for.

I don't see why this is a huge issue but people are free to voice their opinions. I'm still a Brony and plan on staying one for the foreseeable future :D

Well, I can't really say that it ruined the show...

But I'm kind of upset how there's just one unicorn left in the mane six, because it seems so organised yet so right... :/

But I don't think many bronies left because of the main character becoming her destiny, haha. :P

I do know many got upset over Twilight's change.  I don't mind myself.  As long as the writing stays as good as most of the episodes usually are, or even better, I'll be satisfied.  It may introduce some plot possibilities with Twilight learning of her new royal duties, learning how to fly, ect.

Honestly, I'm not really affected by Twilight becoming an alicorn. Sure it's controversal as

all heck. But why does affect the fandom to the breaking point. I hope this fandom lasts

till whatever mayan calender.