Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Are You Different From Your Favorite Pony?

Shanks

Many of us like our favorite ponies in part because we see a bit of ourselves in them but even when that is the case we are never exactly alike down to every detail and in some cases have very little in common.As for yours truly my favorite pony is a three way tie between Applejack, Luna and Twilight making my top spot very crowded.

Applejack: I have done some gardening but no serious farm work and grew up in a mostly suburban environment as the son of an Italian restaurant owner in Southern California. Although I liked my fathers restaurant I had no intention of actually making the family business my career which is a good thing since he had to sell the restaurant due to him going into kidney failure. Although I am a hard worker and am well respected among most of my co workers in large part because of this I take no pride from my work because I feel like I am wasting my life in that dump and have lost all respect for the company I work for thanks to an incident last June that got me suspended and almost fired. And my true calling is not really a traditional job per se as I plan on becoming an author.

Luna: I am not night person by any means as I tend to follow Benjamin Franklin's advise of "early to bed early to rise makes a man, healthy wealthy and wise." Staying up late lost its appeal to me sometime after high school as I found that once I followed this example I liked the extra time I had during the day.

Twilight Sparkle: Though I share her love of reading and thirst for knowledge her mind seems to be a scientific/mathematical left brain mind while my own mind of more a creative writer/musician right brain mind. Though my grades were impressive I often pro procrastinated and was not too much of a fan of homework and had to sometimes BS my way through certain assignments.  I used to be very organized but now abide more by Rarity's example of "organized chaos". I used to have some of Twilight's OCD like qualities when I was a kid but have grown out of them for the most part.

• Brohoof 4

My favourite is Twilight Sparkle, and how am I different than her? Oh boy, where to start....

I read less than her, I study less than her, I don't have a baby dragon, I don't own as many books as her, etc.

• Brohoof 1

Well...

~I'm not social, I don't talk to many people besides my friends, I don't try to make new friends, although I would like to, and I cant make new friends xD

~I have a hard time helping others with their problems, I can understand them, I can try my best to help them, but I can never come close to finding a solution. 

• Brohoof 2

- I am very loyal but, the downside is I get too competitive at times.

- When I fail in a certain sport, I feel very doubtful in my own abilities.

The opposite of Rainbow Dash, if I'm correct.

Well my favorite character is Pinkie Pie and I have a lot of things in common with her, but there are a few things that we don't have in common.

1. I don't sing a lot.

2. I'm not to social. 

3. I don't go to a lot of parties.

4. Have a hard time trusting people at first.

The only difference between me and Fluttershy is that Fluttershy got a lot of pets and owns cottage at the edge of a forest...

Edited by Soundgarden

Pinkie pie im diffrent from because.

1. Im not as hyperacvtive but when I am I love it!

2. I dont go to many partys but I love partys!

3. I dont eat  that many desserts but I love many diffrent kinds but some I dont.

4. I sing songs alot but making lyrics is hard for me.

5. I cant break the 4th wall..... or can I?

6. I cant befreind everyone.

Fluttershy.

1. Im only shy in certain situations involoving teachers.

2. I may be not as shy but I cant put my hoove down or foot down as much.\

3. I dont have a freaky knowledge of sewing.

4. im bad with animals and have no pets.

Edited by pinkieshyrose

Me and Dashie have a whole 2 things in common, I'm an egghead who loves the nerdiest of things, and am not athletic in almost any way, I have minor obsession with figuring out how technology works, and I tend to not boast about myself seriously, in fact I make fun of myself more than praise myself. Oh, and I can be a wuss when it comes to quite a few things.

The only things that I can really think of is we like the same type of book genres and we're very loyal to friends. But no matter what I love my Dashie biggrin.png

Edited by Admiral Colt
  • Brohoof 1

I can't control the moon, no matter how hard I try :(

Erm,

I don't have the confidence to go out in public causing a scene trying to get friends?:P

I would never be able to handle the responsibilities that she would have.

Without Luna showing up more, can't say much more than the obvious ones.

• Not athletic. I mean, I stay in decent shape, but I don't like athletics, whereas AJ takes pride in them.

Family structure is completely different. Uh, we are both middle children? And have a younger sister?

Never worked on a farm in my life.

Less self confident (though I do share her cheerfullness and hopefully her charm)

I'm a lot more analytical

While I don't outright lie, I sometimes don't tell the whole truth

Physical tasks... not my strongest suit. My struggles with cooking are quite sad (WHERE'S HALFWAY UP THE POT???) 

• Brohoof 1

About the only thing I have in common with Rarity is that we both have a cat. ^^; I'm not creative, fashionable, or a very big romantic. Also, I don't feel comfortable being the center of focus a lot of times.

• Brohoof 2

My favorite pony is Fluttershy. I'm shy, not very strong, freak out easily and like animals. However, I will say that I'm not particularly effeminate, nor am I so gentle as her.

And my other favorite pony is Shining Armor. Which, I don't think there's really a lot of commonality, there. I aspire to be like Shining Armor, maybe, because I'm totally not like him.

Edited by Clover Heart

The difference between me and princess Luna would probably have to be the fact that I am really not that loud in person... (I'm really not able to cause random wind storms with my voice :P )

• Brohoof 1

I am different from Shining Armor in that he's a male, and I'm a female. He's a pony and I'm definitely not a pony. He's a fictional character and I'm a real person. He is married and I'm not married. He's into sports, I believe, while I am not. He has a younger sister while I have two older brothers. So... we have a lot of differences there. We are also very different in our personalities as well. Shining Armor has that.. "Knight-In-Shining-Armor" persona as his name implies. He's strong, dependent, kind, loyal to Cadance and his sister (and friends as I would assume he has a few stallion buddies).

• Brohoof 1

Scootaloo

What I feel I have in common with her:

-I speak my mind often (perhaps more than I should)

-I am ready to take on a challenge (usually)

-I have a role model (my older cousin) who I look up to as an example and try to impress at time

What I don't have in common with her:

-I'm not quite as brave as her

-I'm not nearly as young as her

-I'm not as athletic as she is, but I try to watch my weight (and health)

-I feel as though I'm more feminine then her (she is a bit Tom Boy-ish in some aspects tongue.png)

Edited by ~Scootaloo
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I'm not pink xD. Ummm.... This is tough. I'm probably not as friendly, or open to people I don't know as much as pinkie.

Other than that were pretty alike. Except pinkie pie is always happy. I'm not particularly a morning person. XD

• Brohoof 1

I have a whole boatload of things in common with Fluttershy including a desire to be kind to people and animals alike. Like her, I tend to give people TOO much benefit of the doubt. But there are differences too. While my way with animals is significantly better than the average person's, I am not a "whisperer" like she is. I've never been in a life-or-death crisis, but I seriously doubt I would have the tremendous fortitude Fluttershy does in those situations. Her willingness to show the manticore kindness even in the heat of a grueling battle is something I would never do. And she did something most people, including myself, could never do in Keep Calm and Flutter On.   Fluttershy showed true kindness to Discord while at the same time she remained cognizant of his desire to plunge Equestria into chaos.

But I'm unlike Fluttershy in good ways too. I'm not crippled by social anxiety nor am I susceptible to bouts of crying, rage, or cruelty like she is.

Edited by Wingnut
  • Brohoof 2

The main way I'm different from Twilight is that when I tried to get a big social life, it didn't work out for me.  Also, it's been a while since I've been as smart as she is, and I don't read nearly as much as I used to.

Gees, what don't I have in common with Lyra? She's the odd pony out, on the outskirts of normalcy, alone with her strange curiosities--just like me.

I guess...I'm a different species and gender, I have no musical talent or magic, and I lack a cute roommate. Not that those things would mean much to her.

wedding_dress___lyra_by_soapie_solar-d4r

Oh, Lyra... :wub:

Sorry, snapping out of it.

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone

Hm this is gonna be hard as alike to Fluttershy as I am really.

I think my differences lie in I don't follow the extremes of Fluttershy's personality i guess. or I guess I don't have all of her personality to the same degree atleast.

Like even though I'm shy I can still converse with people if i really need kinda. just not very well and not very much. I'm still quiet, but I can kinda speak if need be.

I do also have a louder side to myself, almost more like Pinkie.

While I like animals I'm certainly not as connected to them as Fluttershy, and I'm also scared of alot of animals such as snakes and like all bugs really :P.

I don't know if I can be as kind in pressured situations as Fluttershy can. I'm kind most of the time yeah, but in some of the situations Fluttershy's been in i'd have lost my cool.

That actually wasn't as hard as I thought Xd.

My favorite is Applejack.

- I'm got no skill for farming and have never grown any food

- I'm not nearly as athletic

- Our accents are very different

- I also have decent sized family but I've never met a sizable portion of them

- I'm not nearly as honest as I could be.

- I like oranges derpy_emoticon2.png

Really I share only 1 thing with Fluttershy and that is my distinct incapability of social interaction. Aside from that I am a hateful, judgemental, and borderline racist monster who despises most people. Also I'm different because my hair is a brown jew-fro, not pink.