Do you like ponies more than people?

TailsIsNotAlone

96 users have voted

1. 1. (see title)

• Yes
    • No
    • About even

I do.

I know the ponies. I can always depend on them to make me feel good and brighten up my day.

People are different. I don't know how you can ever really know another person and what's in their heart. Honestly, this website and Skype make up the bulk of my social life because they are structured environments with a common goal. Work is kind of the same way. But outside of that, I just can't trust people at all.

Antisocial? Maybe. But I know Applejack will never hurt me. happy.png

Applejack_looking_happy_S01E18.png

• Brohoof 12

Predictable responses...anyway. My answer is no. Some people--okay, most--are absolutely despicable, selfish idiots, but people such as my parents and my friends have made a difference in my life, influenced me, loved me, while ponies have only done the second part, and only a little bit. I find it rather disappointing that bronies are more obsessed with ponies than real humans, some who have shown more kindness than some colorful pictures on a screen.

Edited by Manaphy
  • Brohoof 5

I wouldn't say I like them more that PEOPLE as a whole but I definitely would prefer to hang with them than some of the other people I'm around.When it comes to people such as my parents there isn't a thing under the sun I'd put above them.

Sure, but that's not really saying much in my case. I don't have any friends, my family and I are constantly battling each other, and I'm just overall not a very sociable person.

I personally prefer people to ponies... MLP is a wonderful show, but thinking of a fictional, scripted character as superior to a living, breathing, SENTIENT being is just an escapist fantasy. Yes I would like to go to Equestria, but no. I personally prefer my friends (whether on this site, the EP forums, real life, or anywhere else) to any sort of pastel colored fake personality.

• Brohoof 3

People are honestly more interesting to me. The ponies are characters molded into distinct personalities, with set traits in mind. They are type-casted, mostly concrete, and complimentary. People, though - people are different. People change, they grow, adapt, and change. It's that ambiguous nature that makes getting to know people worth it. Investing in their happiness, their troubles, their very nature - it's what makes life worth living. Humans are never static, determined characters - they are ever-evolving, ever-changing complex equations - the kind that are impossible to solve, but incredibly compelling to simply consider.

Hanging out with the Mane6 would be stellar, sure. The opportunity sounds amazing, especially coming from the troubled world we all know. But really, it's all of it's complexities and hardships that make our world the beautiful, intricate, imperfect gem that it is. I'd think I'd actually go insane in a mostly-perfect world where I was hardly ever prompted to ask "why?"

• Brohoof 4

People,hands down.Sure,a majority of us are total assholes and douchebags,but the ones who are awesome and truly virtuous are easily some of the best people to ever be around with.And with such variance in humans,it's interesting to see one act since you can never be exactly sure of what they're going to do.

Ponies,while representing every single quality I would love to see in humans more often,are purely fictional and predictable.There's no variance,no bonds to strengthen or weaken with them.They never even acknowledge your existence most of the time.It's a one-sided relationship,and everybody knows that those can be quite unhealthy for the human psyche.

I would like to live in the world of Equestria, but sadly this cannot be. As for people, yeah there are a bunch of people who are jerks and douches, but there's also the ones that are nice and overall easy to get along with.

Enjoying the rest of my life in Equestria sounds like a dream come true, but it would limit us from doing a lot of the things we do now.

• Brohoof 1

honestly for me, it depends on the person...

While I checked off the "about even" choice, I really find that I can depend on ponies more than I can depend on any human (not aimed at anyone here or Skype or any other Brony whatsoever so please don't hurt me).

• Brohoof 1

Hello!

Ponies for sure! :P I'm not to fond of the characterstics that modern people have... For example, there will never be a day where my classmates wouldn't annoy me in some way...

Plus, ponies are much more adorable! :P

• Brohoof 1

Generally, yes. Ponies are better. However, I know plenty of awesome humans who are better than ponies.

So, really, it depends on who the person is. It also depends on who the pony is. I would say that most people are at least less annoying than Diamond Tiara.

People.  By far. 

MLP is a GREAT show, but that's all it is.  It isn't life.  

In real life, people aren't scripted, they're unpedictable and that's what makes them interesting. They grow and change and evolve.  And more than that, they give back.  You may love a fictional character, but they're not going to love you in return.  People can.

Ponies for sure.

I don't have any friends, so that makes ponies a bonus.

Plus they seem 100% more friendly than 90% of the population on Earth.

I'd give anything to deal with a world of ponies: Equestria.

It'd the greatest dream come true!

Sorry, got excited, but who wouldn't?

And other people are morons anyway.

Honestly, i couldn't agree with ya' any more!

I'd honestly give up anything and everything to be in Equestria.

But it won't ever happen.. :'(

Since there's no possible way getting there..

Assuming "People" refers to the general masses that populate planet Earth and that "Ponies" refers to every element of the universe of "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic", then yes. Straightaway, YES.

Otherwise, no. I love my family more than ponies.

People.  By far. 

MLP is a GREAT show, but that's all it is.  It isn't life.  

In real life, people aren't scripted, they're unpedictable and that's what makes them interesting. They grow and change and evolve.  And more than that, they give back.  You may love a fictional character, but they're not going to love you in return.  People can.

Interesting. I suppose living with the predictability of a scripted character would get highly boring in ten seconds flat. But then again, Ponies are scripted to be kind and whatnot. When a human being is capable of walking into a school and leaving with 300 bullets less than he went in with, I think I'd take the ponies.

• Brohoof 1

Predictable responses...anyway. My answer is no. Some people--okay, most--are absolutely despicable, selfish idiots, but people such as my parents and my friends have made a difference in my life, influenced me, loved me, while ponies have only done the second part, and only a little bit. I find it rather disappointing that bronies are more obsessed with ponies than real humans, some who have shown more kindness than some colorful pictures on a screen.

Well that's great that you have such wonderful parents and friends. Although i have some great friends of my own, but still i don't share the day with them all the time. So i am home with my not so fun and conservative parents that hate ponies and what i do. I guess what i'm trying to say here is that it's great that for someone it is great to be among humans, but for someone that have experienced a different type of life with humans have different thoughts. So that's why i would LOVE to just live in Equestria and see if it's better there that it is for me here.

If given the opportunity, I would abandon the world of people and live the rest of my life in Equestria - even if it meant I would never see another human being again. 

Pretty much this.. Before I found MLP I was completely sick of humanity and I preferred to be alone. Sick of the ignorance and greed and lies of society. Sick of what little good in the world being crushed by evil. Sick of hearing all the doom and torture that looms on the future of humanity. Tired of everyone using, hurting, betraying, fucking each other. Tired of being treated like I was a last resort to spend time with.

All I've longed for my entire life is a place that's truly beautiful and innocent. A place where love and happiness is reality for everyone. Where good wins and evil is turned into good. A place to belong and feel like my life means something. I'd abandon everything in this wretched place in a heartbeat to go there... :P 

Humanity disgusts me for the most part. but I've learned to appreciate the good aspects. And thanks to the positive force of the show and the community, I've been devoting my time and energy to spreading what good I can to the world. I just hang on to the thought that one day when I leave this world I will be loved and accepted for who I am, like no human ever could. 

bleh that's my rant. sorry everypony. 

• Brohoof 1

Well that's great that you have such wonderful parents and friends. Although i have some great friends of my own, but still i don't share the day with them all the time. So i am home with my not so fun and conservative parents that hate ponies and what i do. I guess what i'm trying to say here is that it's great that for someone it is great to be among humans, but for someone that have experienced a different type of life with humans have different thoughts. So that's why i would LOVE to just live in Equestria and see if it's better there that it is for me here.

Actually, I don't exactly live a spoiled and pampered life and I'm very, very unsocial. But it could be much, much worse. I have no idea why you quoted my post, or is it because I have a different opinion from most of you? It's depressing how many people want to swap their families for cartoon ponies. That's all I'm saying. I very much doubt that everyone's parents here hate their children, like many people claim. They raised them, for goodness sake... 

• Brohoof 3

I love the ponies... But I also love my Human friends, so this is my philosophy....

If I was offered a chance to leave this life and enter Equestria as a pony (Dawn Rider my OC of course :D )

Id refuse unless all of my friends, and all of my fellow Bronies could join meh :D

Life in Equestria isnt worth living unless you have those who you hold dear around you ^_^

Not to mention other Bronies :D

Its not like I could just leave you all behind :3

• Brohoof 4

No friends, almost everyone I've met is a total jerk, people vandalize everything, and I don't actually feel very comfortable around my own family. So, ponies.

However, I'm sure I'll find some good friends later on in life, just not right now, since this seems to be the age where people in my area are usually total jerks.

• Brohoof 1