Do you like ponies more than people?

TailsIsNotAlone

96 users have voted

1. 1. (see title)

• Yes
    • No
    • About even

It's even for me.

Ponies are almost always in a good mood, which is nice to see. However, humans I can interact with and talk to, but they're not always happy.

Interesting. I suppose living with the predictability of a scripted character would get highly boring in ten seconds flat. But then again, Ponies are scripted to be kind and whatnot. When a human being is capable of walking into a school and leaving with 300 bullets less than he went in with, I think I'd take the ponies.

Would that also include ponies who enslave their own people, or ponies who almost commit genocide by bringing about everlasting night? 

You can prefer ponies all you want, but if you're going to bring up the worst of humanity (which is what, only a relative handful of people out of many billions that have ever existed?) make it a fair comparison.

• Brohoof 1

Would that also include ponies who enslave their own people, or ponies who almost commit genocide by bringing about everlasting night? 

You can prefer ponies all you want, but if you're going to bring up the worst of humanity (which is what, only a relative handful of people out of many billions that have ever existed?) make it a fair comparison.

If you're seriously comparing the feats of a cartoon character to the despicable crimes of a real human being and still siding with humanity then you should probably re-evaluate your life my friend. There is no fair comparison between a cartoon about magical equines and murderous, evil humans. Sorry to burst your fairy tale bubble.

And that's not to mention what topic this is. The question is 'Do you like ponies more than people?', not 'Are magical Equines more capable of murder and death-bringing than humanity?'

If you're seriously comparing the feats of a cartoon character to the despicable crimes of a real human being and still siding with humanity then you should probably re-evaluate your life my friend. There is no fair comparison between a cartoon about magical equines and murderous, evil humans. Sorry to burst your fairy tale bubble.

You're the one who invoked it in the first place by comparing only the worst of humanity and not what 99.99999% of the rest of us have to offer.  *That* was my point. 

The people who need to re-evaluate their lives are the ones who prefer a fictional world over real life. 

I like ponies better because most of the people I know in real life are not that great, twilight is lucky to have so many true friends that will drop everything to help her, most of your friends in real life are "too busy" or "don't want to get involved"  when you ask them for help. I think a lot of the times our true friends in real life turn out to be just people we know.

You're the one who invoked it in the first place by comparing only the worst of humanity and not what 99.99999% of the rest of us have to offer. *That* was my point.

The people who need to re-evaluate their lives are the ones who prefer a fictional world over real life.

This... You have articulated a complete and compelling argument, and I can't agree with you more. (I would have bro hoofed, but mobile interface is horrid).

There are people I would rather do all manner of unpleasant tasks (much less watch an episode of MLP) than spend time with, but in the end, I would pick people over ponies. I love the show, but nowhere near as much as I love the people in my life. 

• Brohoof 1

You're the one who invoked it in the first place by comparing only the worst of humanity and not what 99.99999% of the rest of us have to offer. *That* was my point.

Look at other people's responses in this thread. I'd call you a minority in this instance. It's not whether we 'prefer' to live with ponies; at the end of the day, we'd all like to escape to a realm where we don't have to put up with school shootings and the like. It's not "you need to re-evaluate you life", it's having an 'imagination'.

Look at other people's responses in this thread. I'd call you a minority in this instance. It's not whether we 'prefer' to live with ponies; at the end of the day, we'd all like to escape to a realm where we don't have to put up with school shootings and the like. It's not "you need to re-evaluate you life", it's having an 'imagination'.

This thread was hijacked somewhat by people with escapist fantasies of leaving this world for Equestria... And with regards to your statement, I'd rather not live in a world where I have to rely on 8 sentient, possibly selfish, creatures to fight godlike forces that would happily tear me to shreads (nightmare moon, discord, chrysalis, parasprites, etc)

This thread was hijacked somewhat by people with escapist fantasies of leaving this world for Equestria... And with regards to your statement, I'd rather not live in a world where I have to rely on 8 sentient, possibly selfish, creatures to fight godlike forces that would happily tear me to shreads (nightmare moon, discord, chrysalis, parasprites, etc)

I'm not totally sold on the idea either. However, it is my personal belief that humanity will cover Earth and the gulf surrounding it with war, so I think I'd take my chances in Equestria for the foreseeable future.

Part of me is tempted to say ponies but we must remember that if this universe does in fact exist it is likely that the show itself is an idealized version of it. This is not to say that Equestria is no better than earth in fact it might actually be a better place, but since we only have the show to base it off of which can't delve into certain subjects like sex (though we know they probably have it) or gratuitous violence we can't really say which is better.

• Brohoof 3

I have to say that I chose the 'about even' option.

The pony world offers many things-

Adventure, comedy, talking horses.

But yet you would be leaving so much behind if you left!

My parents, my BFFs, and my dog.

If they could come with me, problem solved.

If not-well I am not going without them.

but would all the people who picked people still pick people if they could become ponies and live in equestria? that is the question

I for one would. Unless I could bring all the people i love and care about with me (a la Friendship Is Optimal) I have and will always choose humans

(edited)

Given a choice, I'll take fictional characters over real people most of the time. Always have. People just don't interest me that much anymore. I'm going to work pretty soon where I'll be smiling, laughing, making conversation and generally being someone I'm not. But when I get home, I'm going to watch ponies. Guess which experience I'm going to enjoy more?

It's not just about how much you can relate to ponies vs. humans, it's about being comfortable with fantasy vs. reality. Real life doesn't interest me. I participate in it just enough to make a little money and get a few laughs, but then it's back to Ponyville. This isn't about going to Equestria, that's a different topic that's already been explored. Nor is it about foretelling doom for humanity. I think humans are going to be fine. But at the end of the day I have to go with the ones I understand and am more comfortable dealing with: ponies. wink.png

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone

No, I do not. 

I believe the reason many people seem to like ponies better here is because they don't know the ponies personally. They just watch them, and MLP is just a television show. So of course the ponies can never let you down - they are designed for your entertainment. If you met somebody like Rarity, I'm pretty sure she would become grating fast. She's fun to watch, and an excellent character. But actually meeting and knowing her? Imagine dealing with all of those drama fits. Dear God.

I like people more because people are real. I can touch them, I can see them, I can speak to them. They might be flawed, hard to trust, and many of them are idiots, but they are something I can actually interact with. People who can love me, people who can help me through the bad times, and they can teach me much more about life and give me life experience. I can be a bit flakey, and stuck in my fantasy worlds inventing them. It's because I'm afraid. I'm so scared to show the real me, and I'm scared people are going to judge. But at the end of the day, my life will revolve around the friends and people I love, and my quest to find the ultimate true person I can go through life with forever. I'm kind of a masochist anyway, finding the emotional pain to be strengthening from people even if they let me down, and disappoint me constantly.

Also would still feel the same way if I could go to Equestria, by the way. I don't really care about meeting the Mane Six. To me, ponies are just a casual distraction of entertainment, not a way of life. I'd rather live on Earth than most worlds, and live in my own world Alterra if I had to live anywhere else because it pretty much is almost the same as Earth, but with magic. And that goes for if I could take all the people I loved with me too, as we don't actually know what's entirely in Equestria due to the idealized version presented. As someone said. At least I know what's on Earth.

Probably the unpopular opinion here, but yeah. That's how I feel.

Edited by Princess Arylett
  • Brohoof 8

I find it rather disappointing that bronies are more obsessed with ponies than real humans, some who have shown more kindness than some colorful pictures on a screen.

The problem is there are a lot of people like me who have never met another brony and every person that I have to deal with in my day to day life and every person I work with is a complete moron they are all selfish, smug, lazy, ignorant twats that break promises bitch and moan  and stab you in the back all the time. Ponies on the other hand never fail to bring happiness. If I actually met someone that I would consider a friend then I would probably have some faith in humanity but until that day comes Ill stick with the ponies.

Edited by mycarhasaMoustache
  • Brohoof 2

but would all the people who picked people still pick people if they could become ponies and live in equestria? that is the question

I would. I know that there are plenty of unfortunate realities in our world and plenty of despicable people as well but there are also plenty of amazing people in our lives even if the negative aspects of life get all the attention. And lets not forget about the accomplishments of humanity; the various medical and technological advancements, nonprofit organizations, donation drives and everything they stand for, the creative power of the human mind including the very ones that gave us this show. 

And I doubt that ponies are perfect, especially considering they exhibit human like personalities. In fact, isn't it those flaws that make them so interesting. I don't think many of you actually want perfect characters. I know I wouldn't; they would be robotic and just awkward to be around. 

The truth is, I love this life even with all its imperfections. I can see the people that make this world a terrible place to live, but at the same time I can see the people that make life worth living.

Edited by Cota
  • Brohoof 6

The problem is there are a lot of people like me who have never met another brony and every person that I have to deal with in my day to day life and every person I work with is a complete moron they are all selfish, smug, lazy, ignorant twats that break promises bitch and moan  and stab you in the back all the time. Ponies on the other hand never fail to bring happiness. If I actually met someone that I would consider a friend then I would probably have some faith in humanity but until that day comes Ill stick with the ponies.

Well, then I can only call you a kind of person who only sees the bad side of life, the bad side of people. I very much doubt that you're the odd one out of the bunch who only treats others with kindness, too, but that's just an assumption, so forgive me if I'm wrong.

This coming from a person who gets bullied in school and who only has, like, three friends that aren't even close. I won't forget the delicious pancakes that were sold to me and my dad for only 4 RMB. Every day, you get kindness that you probably don't notice.

So. That's my take on it.

Doesn't mean that I won't go to Equestria if given the chance. Ponies are amazing, but as hawkflame said, they are not life. They won't love you back, these ponies, and anyone who thinks that they can make them their life and ignore all the other humans of this generation is sadly deluded.

• Brohoof 1

As long as these so called "people" are my family and friends, then yes...I'd choose people. Because they're basically my life and I don't know what I'll do without them. Otherwise if I didn't have any of that, I would have chosen ponies instead. :S

Erm... Wow, I'm surprised how many people chose... Well, ponies, over people! :o

Anyways, I voted no... While ponies are cute and fun and such, I couldn't put any physical being over my family. :)

I get kind of confused by this. Ponies are modeled after people, and ponies can be rude and mean too. I know there were examples of ponies being outright jerks, I think Putting your Hoof Down had this if I recall correctly. But I think ponies are just like people personality-wise, with all the good and bad shoved together - just a little simpler because they're in a kids' show.

And ponies are cute and they can fly and do other fun stuff, but I just love people far more. I'm a portrait artist, and I just love how incredibly varied and unique each and every person is. I love capturing a person's individual, unique selves in art, and there's very little variation in ponies. At least in the art style they're drawn in (which I can understand the practical reasons for). But yeah, people are far more interesting to me.

• Brohoof 2