Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Question: True love or be rich?

EP1C N3RD

What would you pick True love or be a billionaire. If you pick true love you will live in Poverty and struggle to make ends meet. But you would never fight and it would feel like your first love all over again. If you pick being rich you will have no friends and be miserable but you will have a lot of power politically and socially. I would personally pick being rich because being in Poverty is not worth it, and unless the woman looks like Bar rafaeli it wouldn't be worth it. So choose what you want and please be honestbiggrin.png

• Brohoof 1

True Love all the way. I would rather be poor and in poverty and love the person I'm with, then be in a huge house not even loving the person I'm living with. Love will always find a way. Always.wub.png

/)

Edited by Sir.Flutter Hooves
  • Brohoof 17

Having someone who loves me to death or have a million, or maybe even billions of little pieces of paper and metal... Hmmm...

Pfffft-- Money? Who the hell needs that?

If that special someone is the one, then I would take her over a billion dollars any day. Love would let me forget about the hunger and suffering that I may or may not have. 

• Brohoof 1

True love. There are other days that you can be rich beyond your wildest dreams while, true love is once in a lifetime and a diamond dozen.

I'll take being in love with my true love then being, lonely in a rich luxurious mansion with Lambourghini cars.

• Brohoof 4

I would choose wealth because I'd try make a difference in the world with all that money. I would give a lot of to help other people in need. I wouldn't really care If I had friends or a partner I'd try to make the world a better place. 

• Brohoof 8

Rich, but not out of greed. I will have the resources to improve society in ways that I see fit--something that cannot be done if I were simply some peasant with a lover. It would also provide me with greater opportunities through connections, financial investments, and media influence. I would do my best to use the money for what I believe is right. That includes the promotion of research, social change, and education. As a humanist, this is an opportunity I cannot pass up. 

Some might say that money and power will corrupt me, but I'm willing to take that risk if it means I can impact the world in some way. Maybe I'm being idealistic, but I would definitely be willing to sacrifice love for the greater good.  

FOR HUMANITY!

1.png

Also, I would spread ponies everywhere. And personally fund brony projects. The bronydom will finally be able to love and tolerate the shit out of the world. 

• Brohoof 7

I would pick being a billionare, living in poverty is no fun at all. Besides doesn't matter what you do in life, you will always end up alone and miserable. So why not be rich too.. Besides, political and social powers sound really good. Even though, it would be nice to have the love of your life. I would much rather prefer having a collection of sports cars and living in a huge mansion. So for me, becoming rich is my dream.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

True love, I'm kind of a loner but I would never be able to live with out my boyfriend. He is the sweetest and I've known him forever. I'd rather be dirt poor and with him than rich without him or any of my friends. Money doesn't buy happiness and sometimes I really need to remind myself of that.

Tough question..

Even how horrible it seems, i'd probably take the money.

Love can change any-day. One dumb thing can set off something disastrous to destroy a relationship.

Yet, money can corrupt someone and turn them into an asshat.

But all i'd do with the money is get myself a nice home. Nothing special.  

And get a completely badass gaming setup.

Edited by KToadstool
  • Brohoof 2

Wow, a lot more people chose money than I thought!

Now to the question, I would most certainly choose true love over the riches. As you said with the money you would be miserable and not have any friends. I would be happy with an amazing woman, and we would cherish each day and spend so much of it together! I can  imagine it now, and now I'm in a good mood :D

<3 all the way

• Brohoof 1

Money sounds really nice. But ah grew up scraping around for money. Ah'm used to not getting everything ah really want, and ah don't wanna be spoiled by having too much money. My family has got enough for us to live comfortably, thank God. And as much as ah love my boyfriend, and as much as he loves me, ah know that no matter what we will always be happy together.

So ah would most definitely choose love.

As awesome as it would to be rich if it means being alone and miserable than it is not worth, I wouldn't own my possessions they would own me and I do not want that.

I'd honestly rather have the money than true love.Can you imagine all the good in the world you can do with simple paper?It's ridiculous.Plus in this economy,I'd rather be rich and alone than be with the person whom I love the most but also can't support.That's a disservice to them in my opinion.

Edited by CaptainBlue808
  • Brohoof 1

Being with someone who you truly love and care for is happiness and joy in my eyes. Money will never bring you happiness. I would rather be poor and have nothing to love someone that would return that love  for just who I am. I think that is pretty special to have.

• Brohoof 2

A month ago (and many years preceding it), I'd have had no interest in either option. I was content with a daily routine and made the most of things. Even though I knew my friends could make life more enjoyable, I felt no desire to seek them out. After mlp sparked a change of heart, I've cherished my time with them and have been genuinely happy ever since.

Having the power to incite great change is tempting, but since it's mutually exclusive to creating meaningful bonds with others, I'd lose my motivation for bringing about that change. Having possessions without anyone to share it with would send me back to an apathetic mindset. My life would lose it's spark.

You only have what you can't sell. Materials pleasures fade with time, but friendship grows without end.

Edited by Starlight Sky

I'd choose money. I'm a social outcast who doesn't want to marry, so there. I would use the money to promote Bronydom, 'convince' the government to sort out the economy, and help people in poverty.

• Brohoof 3

True love wins for me. If you're a billionaire, you'll never have enough of anything. You won't feel any pleasure in life because you'll feel you never have enough money for buying and spending. If you have true love, you'll always have enough even if you're poor. I know that experience. We were very close to being rich; our granddad was a very rich man.

• Brohoof 1

I already know what it's like to be homeless and have no money.  Now that I am married, I would not trade my husband for any amount of money.  I knew happiness without a cent to my name, and I could never be happier knowing that someone loves me and wants me for all I am worth in this fallen world.  That is worth more than anything this world could possibly give me otherwise.

Edited by Treble Bolt

I would chooooose...... My true love.

However if my true love happened to be a billionaire I would not be disappointed. But money isn't what matters most in life. As long as you have enough to live (somewhat) comfortably, love and happiness is always the way to go biggrin.png

Isn't it obvious? biggrin.png

Like beauty, wealth is fleeting. No billionaire is immune from becoming broker than your average musician (ooh, self-burn!), because regardless of whether or not someone is responsible with their money, there have always been instances of economic collapse resulting in money completely losing value, rendering the rich and powerful just as poor and helpless as the people they stepped on to get where they were.

True love, on the other hand, never loses its value over time. It withstands all tests and trials, including those of crippling poverty. Better to suffer with someone you love than to prosper alone.