Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Question: True love or be rich?

EP1C N3RD

I dont think any of the richest elite in the world donate a single cent. Most donations I think come from middle class. Like spike greediness will make you heartless except spike still showed his love for raritywub.png

• 6 months later...

I'd take rich. I know you impressed the idea that if I chose richness I'd be miserable but I'd actually be pretty damn happy with life if I could be rich, no strings attached. On top of that, wealth would lead to eventually finding a good relationship anyway if you play it right anyway, especially for someone like me who does not believe in the Soul Mate idea. Statistics are utterly against "one true love in life" and I'd rather not fight statistics. Hint: You'll always lose.

money all the way. there is a reason we call them wealthy people becuase they have a safety net and a wellness that comes with money. You said i would have no friends and be miserable but you will have a lot of power politically and socially, F people  the only real friends you got are your pets anyways and i could always use my money and power to make pinkie pie real or go to/make equestria real.

Being poor sucks you always have to worry about bill, live in crappy places with crime, are a slave to someother person,  and all kinds of stuff.

Money, definetly money. For those who say "money cant buy happiness", yes it fucking can! If I buy a Rolls Royce, I'd definetly be happy! Plus, being poor fucking sucks! Its nothing more than living in a shitty neighbourhood while being taxed by those god-complex faggots at the government!

"Money can buy many things, even power"

-Vladimir Mackarov, Modern Warfare 3

• Brohoof 1

I'm not going to choose one or the other but I will say this:  Everybody knows true love involves commitment.  But it sometimes gets overlooked that a financial commitment is involved as well as being sexually faithful to one's spouse. An unfortunate series of events to one of you could end up leaving you both penniless.  I could choose "true love" but if we don't have a pot to piss in, where's the joy in that?  Instead of cuddling for affection, you're huddling for warmth because the heat got shut off.  I can't see a way to be content in an environment like that for very long.  :(

• Brohoof 1

True love. Money doesn't buy happiness! Plus, I like being poor. I meet awesome people.

This side says be rich. I can take over the world quicker with money.. BUT STILL DO IT PINKIE PIE STYLE!*Puts on a Pinkie Pie costume*

Yeah, I'd rather be rich. True love only seems like it'd be an awesome idea in the realm of fantasy, but in reality, it seems like a huge waste of time ad energy to seek out… besides, love don't pay the bills!

• Brohoof 2

I would have to say neither on this.

I like being single. Don't get me wrong, it sucks sometimes. But I'm just not ready to get back out there yet. I've tried so hard before and only got hurt in the end so it's awfully hard to believe in the true love concept anymore anyway.

On top of that (and this is kinda ironic because I'm an accounting major) I don't really care about money all that much. Even though in my career I'll be dealing with money on a regular basis, I don't care if I'm not rich. What I care about is contentment. And it's not hard for me to keep myself happy. I enjoy the life I've got right now. I don't need a ton of money--I only need what I need. I couldn't be rich. It's not my thing. I'll just donate whatever doesn't go into my 401(k) or my rainy day fund to a charitable organization or local church and write it off on my taxes. 

I would choose wealth because I'd try make a difference in the world with all that money. I would give a lot of to help other people in need. I wouldn't really care If I had friends or a partner I'd try to make the world a better place. 

Money doesn't solve problems, it creates problems.

I wonder when people are finally going to realize that vast the majority of the problems we face today are the direct result of our current, outdated socio-economical system.

So yeah, that probably covers it. I'd take true love over fancy pictures on paper and pieces of metal any day.

Edited by Bron-Yr-Aur

If you pick being rich you will have no friends and be miserable

So, what you are saying is if I pick being rich, I will be living the same life I'm living already? Well then, I'll pick rich. I don't care for all the power personally, but I will have lots of cash to spend as I see fit. I will have a small home with very few personal belongings. Most of the money will go to those more unfortunate than myself. Charities and such. The little I keep will be to help me survive. Food, bills, clothes, fuel, etc.

It's not that I would hate living through poverty. I would do my best and make do with what I have. I just don't believe in "love". Bunch of nonsense honestly.