Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Question: True love or be rich?

EP1C N3RD

True love.

It's a total Rarity (pun not intended until I realized I was gonna use that word :D

But seriously, there's nothing as rare as true love. If you can find it once in a lifetime, you should be grateful to have found it, even if you let it slip.

Because it isn't even a once in a lifetime thing.

• Brohoof 1

You know... as cliche as this sounds, I'm going with true love and poverty over being completely alone, but rich.

I'm a fairly miserly person, but I don't think money can lead me to happiness. It's a luxury that allows me to obtain material goods and services. These goods can bring temporary joy, but I don't think I own anything that makes me happy to live every single day of my life. What were once luxuries typically become routine objects.

Being with a true loving wife on the other hand in a "Disney" level of relationship? I wouldn't pass that up.

Edited by Celtore

I can work my way up to riches. In fact, I have every intention of doing so. It will be hard, yes, but manageable.

By contrast, true love is something that no amount of investment can bring. It is something that can only bloom under the right circumstances, and with perfect care. It is much more work, but the reward is much greater. It's something I've seen, but never had. I am envious, I'll admit. But I'm hopeful that one day, I'll find it. And I will be happy. smile.png

Hmm, tough choice. I kind of want to say true love, not for the true love but for the not being alone. Sure, I may not have a ton of friends, but I treasure my close ones; true love is just icing on the cake.

But in the end, I'll go with being rich. I don't think being in love is completely necessary to live a happy, fulfilling life (but it certainly helps). I'll take the money buy everything I want, give to charities that move me and buy a couple dogs to fill that void in my heart. Oh and lurk forums like this to make up for my lack of social interaction: business as usual vsTALhM.png.

• 6 years later...

If you asked me a year ago I'd have said "true love" without a moment of hesitation, but the longer I'm single, the more I get used to being alone, and the more I realize I wouldn't be able to make someone happy in a relationship. As much as I would absolutely love to be in one, I suck at them, so I'd probably pick being rich. 

Edited by Festive Booker
  • Brohoof 1

Since it was already stipulated that to take the ‘rich’ option here I’d have to be miserable, I’d obviously avoid that. The whole point of money is to not be miserable. They say money can’t buy happiness but we all know that’s not really true. I mean, you can’t go to a store and buy a literal box of Happiness and take it home, but money can buy freedom, opportunity, health and many things that ultimately can lead to happiness.  But, in the spirit of the question as it was posed in the opening post, I would take love, which is rare, beautiful and miraculous when it’s real. It can transform everything and elevate life above and beyond mere money. 

• Brohoof 1

• 11 months later...

I mean here I am climbing my way in making money and really got no time to be socializing or looking for a soulmate..

True love for sure. <3

And if I happen to become rich with said person, then that's cool too hahaha

I just want to be happy with a person, rather than be loaded with money. As long as we got plenty of money to live off of, then I'm fine. :3

I personally think that comparing the two with each other is illogical as true love is priceless while being rich is measurable through prices.

To answer the question directly instead of implicitly, I prefer true love over being rich.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I wouldn't want either. I'd want to be able to support my S/O financially and I don't think I'd be comfortable dating someone if I was struggling that bad.

On the other hand, being rich makes everyone around you really fake, because they're only around you for the money.

No thanks. 

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Meson Bolt said:

Honestly, I wouldn't want either. I'd want to be able to support my S/O financially and I don't think I'd be comfortable dating someone if I was struggling that bad.

On the other hand, being rich makes everyone around you really fake, because they're only around you for the money.

No thanks. 

preach!

Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style, Ain't got no gal to make you smile, but Don't worry, be happy :kindness:

Spoiler

I am not worried. I got my cash though B)

• Brohoof 1

22 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style, Ain't got no gal to make you smile, but Don't worry, be happy :kindness:

Reveal hidden contents

I am not worried. I got my cash though B)

this song just makes you want to sing along even if you don't know the lyrics...... the only lyrics I truly, and heartfelt know is ...

"awoooooooooooohoooouwooooouwoooowoouwoooouwooooo..... huuuuuuuouwuuuuouwuuuuuuuuuouwoooooo... hoooooo uwoooouwoooo...." 

*snaps fingers with the rythm*

Edited by Kujamih
  • Brohoof 1