Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

Furie, a Vietnamese action film. Was actually a pleasant surprise. It wasn't quite what I expected and the beginning has to get through some hoops to get the ball rolling but once it did I was into it. It became quite the ride with some really good fight scenes and it was fascinating to get a dive into Vietnamese culture. It had a couple of emotional moments that seem basic on paper but were quite effective in practice. I liked it a lot.

Also seen 1917 before that and it is a masterpiece of film. The camerawork is something I've personally never seen in a movie before and it was breathtaking. It puts you right alongside the main characters and it creates a surreal experience that I've never had with a movie until now. In particular, because of the incredible camerawork and atmosphere, there is a part early on that shook me to my core and I will never forget that. Absolutely watch this movie if it catches your interest.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
15 hours ago, Bas said:

I can't believe there is a single Disney movie @Sparklefan1234 dislikes. Of course....this one is without princesses! :sealed:

I don't only like Disney movies with princesses. :twi:

15 hours ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

3 out of 10 does seem a bit harsh.

Michael J. Fox's "Milo Thatch" was the only character that I enjoyed in Atlantis: The Lost Empire. 

Anyway,

The Parent Trap (1998) 10/10

MV5BNWYyMzJhNzEtMzFkNC00M2U0LTkwMWYtYWVk

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

I watched the american Version of Ring.

It was fine just nothing special, i thought as a cult classic it would be super duper scary  so that i couldnt sleep for days or something but then the movie turned out to be pretty calm actually.

I wasnt scared one bit.

• Brohoof 1

Rainy day in New York.

A beautiful Woody Allen movie in his classic style. He doesn’t star in it but, as with all of his movies, his actors somehow become him anyway! Completely enthralling, relaxing, sharp and funny! Great movie.

• Brohoof 2

I've seen a few films lately, mainly due to sudden and unexpected Netflix exposure.

Bird Box: I've been wanting to see this one for a while now. Honestly, not that bad. Enjoyable, as long as you don't think too hard about it. My one gripe is that the ending was a tad bit disappointing.

Hush: Way better than what I expected. Pretty realistic for a home invasion movie and the small twists were fun.

I am Mother: I really like this one. The robot is the star of the show for me. I wish it was available on Blu-ray.

The Lion King: Absolute classic. Never gets old.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, TigerGeekGuy said:

I've seen a few films lately, mainly due to sudden and unexpected Netflix exposure.

Bird Box: I've been wanting to see this one for a while now. Honestly, not that bad. Enjoyable, as long as you don't think too hard about it. My one gripe is that the ending was a tad bit disappointing.

Hush: Way better than what I expected. Pretty realistic for a home invasion movie and the small twists were fun.

I am Mother: I really like this one. The robot is the star of the show for me. I wish it was available on Blu-ray.

The Lion King: Absolute classic. Never gets old.

I heard they fucking ruined the live action version of Lion King ? not a 100% sure if Disney should try doing all their cartoon movies into live action because if they do LILO AND STITCH it will bomb bad unless they can do the CGI graphics lifelike like in Detective Pikachu and Sonic the Hedgehog wait and see later!

85a9412f1d58680f1ab61889fc2108a9.jpg

Such a cute, violent & funny movie! I love Katherine Heigl even though rumor has it she's difficult to work with and kind of caustic. No one is preferct. :mlp_blink:

• Brohoof 2

On 5/9/2020 at 8:23 PM, rainbowdashacademy said:

I heard they fucking ruined the live action version of Lion King ? not a 100% sure if Disney should try doing all their cartoon movies into live action because if they do LILO AND STITCH it will bomb bad unless they can do the CGI graphics lifelike like in Detective Pikachu and Sonic the Hedgehog wait and see later!

the liveaction version was awesome, the hell? Same with Sonic the Hedgehog.

Anyways the last movie I watched was K-12....

Saw the new film Capone last night on Amazon. It stars Tom Hardy as the gangster Al Capone and it takes place during the final year of his life as he's suffering from dementia. It is also the first film directed by Josh Trank since the infamous 2015 Fantastic Four reboot. I had been excited for this film since it was announced in 2016 because I thought a drama about Capone's last year could be really engaging and dark, Tom Hardy is one of my favorite actors working today, and I actually like Josh Trank. I loved what he did with Chronicle and while Fantastic Four turned out to be a mess, I don't entirely blame him for it as there was a lot of studio meddling, behind the scenes drama, last minute changes, extensive reshoots, etc. I was hoping this could be his comeback film.

So how was it? It's not a great film overall, but I can't deny that my eyes were glued to the screen.

The movie has been getting a mixed response from critics and audiences and I can understand why (My brother really disliked the film). Some of the editing (Done by Trank) is kind of choppy, there are some moments where you can't tell if there supposed to be sad or darkly funny, and while I actually really enjoyed Hardy's committed and wild performance( His voice sounded like Nick Nolte to me), I can see why others will find it too over the top. But overall, I still think the film is an interesting watch. Beside's Hardy as Al Capone, I also enjoyed Linda Cardellini's performance as his wife and Matt Dillon's (Can't really talk about his character since it's a spoiler). The film also has Capone suffering from a lot of haunting and weird hallucinations and at times it can make the film feel like a horror movie. And yes what you read in reviews is true. You see Hardy's Capone poop his pants. Was alright with it the first time but they didn't need to do it again. Nice score by EL-P as well.

So yeah this film isn't the great film I wanted it to be and has some big issues, but I still enjoyed watching it because of Hardy's performance and some of the choices Trank makes. I look forward to seeing his next project.

3/5

• Brohoof 1