Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Removal of Green Brohoof Counter in Profiles

NavelColt

75 users have voted

1. 1. What to do with the brohoofs?

• Keep it as it is.
    • Remove them entirely
    • Keep them, but remove the counter on the profile

Definitely in support of removing it. I just like the whole "brohoof" system so that people don't whine about the 100 character limit, and can show appreciation without having to spam characters or anything. The total brohoof counter means nothing, except as some sort of e-peen ruler.

Don't get rid of it! Green is my favorite color! :o

But seriously, though. Don't just remove every green banner by mandatory. Just give members a choice for them to remove with some sort of "x" like how they give you the choice to give you close out a user's signature on desktop mode.

• Brohoof 3

I dunno, I kind of like it. I'm not at all drawn to look at it when viewing a profile, and like Pinkazoid said, it's green! (Sorry, I like green :s) Maybe if we just got rid of the word beneath the number (good, excellent, etc.)?

• Brohoof 1

It should stay. I think it represents a fragment of a user's existence on the site. The more brohoofs some has accumulated, you can assume they've been on the site for a longer period of time, made coherent posts that have warranted a large quantity of brohoofs, and is a contributive member of the community. It doesn't convey, "THIS GUY HAS SO MANY BROHOOFS, HE MUST BE THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST!" It just shows a part of the user. 

I'd prefer it stayed.

• Brohoof 1

I think a better solution would be to make both post count and brohoofs visible only to the person who has them. This way, anyone who wanted to know what their post count and/or brohoof count was would be able to, but no one else would be able to see them, to eliminate any opportunities for bragging. 

• Brohoof 1

I don't know why it should be kept, I don't know why it should be removed.

On one side I can agree with the fact that it's almost as if having brohooves means you're better or more awesome than other members, and another side of me thinks people shouldn't be so butthurt over it.

I myself, couldn't care less about the amount of brohooves I get. Sure, it sort of says that people like what you post but I'm not gonna change my posting behaviour or anything just so I can get more brohooves. Besides, it doesn't necessarily mean you're a good poster, brohooves are sometimes used merely as an acknowledgement or just to indicate you agree with the person.

My final opinion?

Keep it, but make it stand out less and remove the 'Great','Excellent' and so on thing underneath the brohoof count.

• Brohoof 3

I can agree with removing it xP The only way to get brohooves is to either make a good, reasonable, descriptive post or just post a ton of pictures in picture threads xP

I don't see the point of having it's own massive green box with a number on it, the number of brohooves don't determine your popularity anyway xP I think it's what you actually post and what you did to deserve it.

• Brohoof 1

The brohoofs serve no real purpose beyond showing that someone enjoys or agrees with something you posted, which is nice to know at the time you're given a brohoof, but there's no reason it should matter in the long term. I would support this.

(edited)

I never really understood the brohoof counter, to be honest. You're either "neutral" or "excellent" and 99.8% of users are in the "excellent" category

...on the other hand, maybe Feld0 just wants everyone to feel special, and we're crushing that dream one post at a time.

Edited by CamRad18

I never really understood the brohoof counter, to be honest. You're either "neutral" or "excellent" and 99.8% of users are in the "excellent" category?

...on the other hand, maybe Feld0 just wants everyone to feel special, and we're crushing that dream one post at a time.

We never utilized it with a bunch of rank terms at different levels. One is at 10 the other at 50.

I feel like it's an eye sore and I could care less what people think of me due to the amount of brohooves I have.  It should honestly be the best of both worlds.  Remove the green box and dull it down, but keep the tracker on it.  Why can't we just agree on that?

• 2 weeks later...

I think it is a nice edition that many forums don't have. I see it as something to just fill up your profile page so it doesn't seem as empty. Of course I'm kind of used to it and it would feel weird not having it there but initially I thought it was a nice touch.

Personally I don't see why it should be removed. I mean, it's here right now and it's not really bothering anyone that much. If it's removed, some people who like it will be simply annoyed. I think it's better to just leave it and have no one really mind that much whether it's there or not, instead of removing it and having some people complain about it's removal. I mean, it's not that big a problem. and I wouldn't exactly call it an eye sore. Just my 2c.

Don't do it. I'd say, like several others before me, just remove the ranking underneath it and make it an option to remove it, but don't mandate the removal. That way, people who get butthurt and actually give a shit enough to remove it will and the rest won't.

So, @~Chaotic Discord~, is this gonna happen?

I can't code tongue.png Remember I posted this before Key left, but now our tech manpower is shot. Feld0 and the other Developers are busy with other things so I have no idea when this could be given enough attention to be done or not.

I think maybe there should just be an option to remove it if you want. Personally, it's not all that big of a deal to me. It's just a big green record keeper. And sometimes, I just like to glance at it and be like, "Cool! I have a fair amount of brohoofs! That's nice."

Since some people like it, some people don't and some people don't care, I think there should just be a button to hide it. ;)

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

For various reasons, I would suggest that we would remove the brohoof counter on the profile pages.

Yes, for any smart-one out there who want to point out "EEY YOU GOT PERSONAL PROBLEMS WIHT BROHOOFS!?" yes... I do... It's just like FB likes, Reddit karma, and all that, people literally BEG for them, or try their hardest just to gain brohoofs/likes/karma.

Atleast on FB, it doesn't have a massive counter on your profile with your total amount of likes.

The brohoof thing is certainly useful in a topic, if a great sum of people brohoofed one post/one answer to a question, we could guess on that most people consider that the best answer, but the counter on the profile? Hmm, not sure what actual point there is with that, except showing off "Hey I got more brohoofs than you I'm so much better than you are!"

So, what do you think?

• Brohoof 2

personally, i like the brohoof system.

it gives you an option to express your feelings towards a post, without having the need to post a reply, saying. "i agree".

but yeah, i know where you're coming from. and some people do indeed beg for brohoofs. 

so i guess removing the counter would be a good option.

Well I want to keep the brohoof counter. I like it as it is. The only problem I used to have with it was that it said like "good" "excellent" and stuff like that, as if you were a better user if you had more brohooves.

Anyways, this has been discussed before. You can read some about it here if you're interested in seeing what people have said about it smile.png

Alright it is now merged :3

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 1

For various reasons, I would suggest that we would remove the brohoof counter on the profile pages.

Yes, for any smart-one out there who want to point out "EEY YOU GOT PERSONAL PROBLEMS WIHT BROHOOFS!?" yes... I do... It's just like FB likes, Reddit karma, and all that, people literally BEG for them, or try their hardest just to gain brohoofs/likes/karma.

Atleast on FB, it doesn't have a massive counter on your profile with your total amount of likes.

The brohoof thing is certainly useful in a topic, if a great sum of people brohoofed one post/one answer to a question, we could guess on that most people consider that the best answer, but the counter on the profile? Hmm, not sure what actual point there is with that, except showing off "Hey I got more brohoofs than you I'm so much better than you are!"

So, what do you think?

Hey just a heads up that I merged your topic with this one as they cover the same material.