Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Most Important Part of You

What is the most important part of you? What is the essential element of your life that you look forward to, whether it be a person, an object, a creation, or even an animal? If you had to narrow it down to one thing, not counting necessities like food or water, what is the most vital component to your living narrative? 

Do not feel obligated to answer with the typical "My mom" or "My brother"; what truly makes you happy, makes you who you are, shapes your mindset, etc.?

That would be music. It brings emotions, whether it be happy or sad ones and is probably the only thing that can shape my mindset. Music is also something incredibly huge, there are hundreds of genres to explore, making it a new experience every time.

• Brohoof 8

Aviation. Airplanes are what make my life worth living. They are just as much an obsession for me as ponies, and they will eventually be my career path. There's an almost spiritual experience that being a pilot comes with - being one with the sky and the airplane and all - and it makes my life worth living. :)

• Brohoof 1

Computers.

My entire life revolves around computers, at this point. I spend almost all of my not-at-school time on computers doing any number of things between playing computer games, lurking and occasionally posting on forums, doing homework, watching YT vids, messing with the GECK and Creation Kit, etc. etc.

I couldnt really decide between my friends and video games huh.png  Video games are pretty much my life in a nutshell i grew up with them and im devoted to them till this day. On the other hand my friends are the people that made me into who i am today. When i was a kid like Twilight i didnt really want/need friends i had my games and i thought i didnt need anything, but there were a few people that meant so much to me growing up that they completly chagned my mindset. I dont know bot are a really important part of me derpy_emoticon1.png

(edited)

My computer. It's more than a simple gaming platform or internet browsing tool to me, my computer is a massive toy that I tinker around with quite often. There is so much to explore and experiment with, I play around with many window managers and desktop environments, theme my desktop time and time again, write some small scripts here and there, install a new linux distro, it's all very fun and it fuels my inspiration.

Edited by Celtore

Hmm... Right now, the most important thing in my life is school. I enjoy school, but it's not a source of happiness or anything like that.. just the only thing I have at the moment to devote myself to.

Thing that makes me most happy would be my cat happy.png

• Brohoof 1

Probaly music, I play the trumpet, I love listening to music of a bunch of different kinds, dancing to music, or even singing music, and I may want to explore and learn more ways to create music, but music is just so awesome I love it.

It just speaks words and feelings into sounds and, its just hard to explain but its awesome.

Unless I could include my computer and have music still in there, then maybe I'd pick that, but eh music is a more rational and awesome choice in my eyes as something important to me.

• Brohoof 1

My own IMAGINATION.

My friends always tell me I have a very powerful imagination and it plays a big influence on my life. I can come up with the characters to a story in mere minutes (at the most), and it fuels my comedy. A lot of my friends know me because of my comedy, and it makes me an overall better person. I could keep myself entertained for hours with my own imagination. I find it easy to describe situations in immense detail, come up with stories in quick timing, parody lyrics (to lazy to do something with them), come up with jokes easily, and make fun out of the dullest situations.

Honestly I couldn't imagine living without my imagination.

This may be strange, but... consciousness. That does sound selfish...
I just couldn't live if I... couldn't... live? I like being awake, I think it's extraordinary that every bit of research people might do will probably never explain why I'm seeing through my eyes in particular. I like thinking. Even though I'm hopelessly depressed, the sadness is beautiful. It makes me feel tangible, it actually makes me want to live longer than I should. I guess that's just a hopeless aspect we all have, the desire to live, even if we're intent on dying. 

Either computers, literature, or music. All three of these are important factors in me and I can't see myself without them. There is so much you can get and see with a computer. Literature shape a lot of me as well considering I get most of my knowledge and vocabulary from them. Also, I love seeing inside the minds of others through their writing and what they think about things. As for music, music fills me (and I'm pretty sure others) with so many emotions whether they be sad or happy. I can just listen to music to reflect how I'm feeling.

The most important part of me, is my never say die attitude. Where I never give up, no matter how hard the task is to complete it. Even though, I do enjoy a lot of other things about me.

• Brohoof 1

Accomplishment.

In life, everyone has a goal, and to get that goal, you have to be dedicated and willing to do whatever it takes to finish what you started.

I always looks forward to accomplishing anything life has to offer me, whether it's from finishing a hard video game, doing a tedious amount of work, or even going through hard times to finish school to go to college, I'll do what I have to do. 

• Brohoof 2

I would say its my principles, while I am not going to sit here and claim I am mr perfect or anything like that I am an activist through and through, from a young age I was taught that if you think something is wrong or see an injustice than it is your duty to speak up.

For me, it would be time. It's entwined in everything, and there's not a single bit of the universe that doesn't benefit from it. Besides, time is relative, but still everything depends on it. And that's fascinating.

(edited)

If a piano was a person, then I married it. Cut it off from my life, and it'll feel like a whole half of me disintegrated in an instant. I get really sad if I can't play on the piano for a little less than a week. It helps me rejuvenate, reflect, and respond. Therefore, it's my most important earthly part.

Edited by Sterling Crimson

Discussion. I always look forward to chatting on forums like these or with real life friends about whatever comes up. I would have no fun with analysis or anything else without other people to share it with. Even my computer would be dull to me without the internet, which is a perfect medium for discussion because you can always find interesting topics somewhere. When I write stories, I always go heavy on the dialogue, and sometimes I just enjoy listening to conversations.

You could say that I'm a woman of many words.

• Brohoof 3

For me it's writing. I feel like it's the only way I can get my feelings or ideas across to others... Sometimes I even just write things down and give it to my friends in person because I literally can not think of a way to speak it. But that's not artistically, I also write, perhaps not always to teach morals, but to give someone something exciting and new to read.

Technology! 

I don't know what I'd do with my life without technology. I use it for school, research, downtime, music, the list could literally go on forever! Without technology my life would be COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!

Music is definitely the most important part of me. In close second would be my interest in transit buses. Music has gotten me through some pretty tough times, pretty safe to say that I wouldn't be here without it, and the bus stuff? Well, if it weren't for that, I wouldn't have any direction in my life right now. Pretty important if you ask me. :P

When I write stories, I always go heavy on the dialogue...

Oh good, I'm not the only one that writes like that. xD

• Brohoof 1

Music is definitely the most important part of me. In close second would be my interest in transit buses. Music has gotten me through some pretty tough times, pretty safe to say that I wouldn't be here without it, and the bus stuff?

You like buses, huh?  I guess I generally feel the same way about trains.  They move freight and connect people, weaving regions and even whole nations together.  They help keep our highways and planes from being overcrowded.  And they're just plain fun to ride, photograph, and talk about.  :)  There are a few railfans in the forum, and I'm glad this year's Bronycon is being held in Baltimore because there's a pretty good variety of railway stuff there. 

My cats are also very important to me.  And so are my friends.  Anytime I need someone to talk to, they're there for me, whether it's about something deep and serious or of a relatively trivial nature. 

• Brohoof 1

Accomplishment.

In life, everyone has a goal, and to get that goal, you have to be dedicated and willing to do whatever it takes to finish what you started.

I always looks forward to accomplishing anything life has to offer me, whether it's from finishing a hard video game, doing a tedious amount of work, or even going through hard times to finish school to go to college, I'll do what I have to do. 

Pretty much exactly the same for me. I could care less about having a really nice computer... But the fact that I was the one who put it together makes it amazing. Or working on a piece of art and then having someone like it makes me feel great and want to continue to improve and accomplish more!

• Brohoof 2