Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you do with your problems?

SoundRaptured

It depends on the problem.  Some I can keep to myself and deal with them, but other I discuss with my parents if I feel I need help or need to discuss something.  I don't bother my friends with my problems though.  I don't wanna sound like I'm venting on them or burdening them with anything.  If they really wanna know, I don't mind discussing things, but I may water down the issue a bit.  Like I said, I get help from my family if I need it.  

A majority of the time, I will bury my problems and not tell a single soul about them. Usually, I have a feeling that no one would care about MY problems. I'm also the same person who listens to other people's problems and gives advice. If I share problems with an individual, then that means I trust them, of course, I don't trust that many people. 

I've only told one irl friend about my problems and I wish I'd never have. No one should be involved with my own problems. My problems are mine to deal with.

In the past I've burdened myself way too much with problems. I didn't do anything about them. Things didn't go well and yea, I got super depressed and a lot got out of hand. I was stressed out way more, I was more negative, more aggressive. Instead of the calm and friendly person I was I would easily flip out, look for fights. Talk real shit about others. It's not like I didn't even wanted to do that, every time I did I cursed myself. Making myself feel more miserable. Even made the girl I liked cry by insulting her. God, now that I look back at it, I really was nothing but a piece of trash back then. Good thing I apologized to her, kneeling and all lol. .

Until I found a person I could talk to. Just a random stranger on the web. We both had our share of problems and still have. Only when I come across something I have no way of solving myself I go to her for advice.

Nowadays I just calm down and look at the possible solutions. Choose the best one, plan it out, work things out. After which I'll just solve it and get it over with. No need to stress myself over something temporary. I just keep thinking about one little sentence over and over again. Which is "You're your own master and you own your own time." As long as  I remember that there's nothing in the world that'll stop me.
  • Brohoof 1

When i comes to problems I have I usually don't bother anyone with them. I just deal with them on my own, I like to succeed or fail on my own merit, it allows me to learn from my mistakes. When it comes to other people's problems I am very good at giving sound advice that most are thankful for.

• 2 weeks later...

want me to tell you what i do with my  problems i roll them up in a ball and shove them as far down into my brain as i can that's really the only way to get trough life because if you let something drag you down forever you seriously may as well kill your self.

• 2 weeks later...

i get frustrated and cranky stop lie down cool of and then try to solve my problems  and if that doesn't work then i rince and  repeat until i rage and yell 'FUCK IT THIS IS BULL SHIT!' and give up

I'll be honest here, I'm borderline sociopathic. That doesn't mean that I'm a psycho killer or that I have no emotions. I just have little empathy for people I don't know. I don't usually care about other people's problems so I don't look to others to care about mine. I keep everything locked up. This used to be bad cos every now and again my problems bucket would overflow and I'd kick off. My problem bucket appears to have turned into a problem well as it doesn't seem to be filling up anytime soon. I'm also bipolar so I just wait for my next manic stage to come around and wipe away my worries. I use a mantra of "everything will turn out fine". It usually does and there's no use worrying about what's ahead. If things do go tits up then I'll deal with it when it when I come to it.

I mainly keep my problems to myself. I don't like sharing my troubles with anyone else because it is none of their business what is bothering me and they wouldn't understand or care anyways. There are very rare times however when it gets so bad that I tell a certain friend who I know won't judge me or tell anyone else. He is the only one I trust with my problems. Not going to give away his name, but he is a member of this site and I have known him for quite some time now.

I keep my problems to myself, even on this forum I do not talk about any of my problems. I just don't see the point, although I'm always ready to help others go through their problems. I just never want to be a burden to anyone, I have never talked to anyone when I have problems. I always deal with them myself and so far I've been doing decent, I don't need other people to get through my problems.

Each time I have problems I just distract myself by thinking about something else until I have forgotten it. Of course they usually come back and I have to deal with them. It's just that I'm often more ready to deal with them later on.

• 4 months later...

I sometimes rant to one of my loved ones about it... But if it's a big deal, then I won't tell anyone at all. For example, (this hasn't happened, but,) if I were to be bullied, I wouldn't tell anyone, because I'd know they'd tell the teacher, then the teacher would call on that person so they'd know I told. I've seen that happen before, and I'd rather not get involved in it.

I often keep my emotions to myself, but not out of fear or the inability to express them. I'm just not on the same wavelength as many others when it comes to expressiveness or the satisfaction I get from talking about my problems.

There are people I can and do talk to if I need some advice or a pep talk, but I worry that I might overburden those close to me, I hate seeming weepy and silly, and sometimes I make myself feel worse by bringing it up. It's easier to not feed a problem with attention sometimes, especially if it's not something that can be fixed.

Edited by Cygnus

I usually try and come up with a solution for it. I mean it depends on the problem. How I deal with an asshole trying to steal my wallet, and how I deal with a friend doing drugs would be slightly different.

I try and keep myself in a state where I am at low stress. Of course sometimes I can't do much about it, but that's life.

I usually keep them to myself. I'm not a very depressed person to begin with. Maybe if I have a really close friend I can open up to them. I like helping others more.

Depending on how bad the problem is.

If it is a minor problem, I'll get over it myself, I just listen to some music or whatever to cheer me up - tends to work quite well.

If the problem is re-occurring, like bullying, or if it is major, I'll talk to someone about the issue.

When i have small problem, I just sit and think...

When i have serious problems, I also just sit and think "but for longer time"

In other words, I'm that kind of guy who always tries to solve his own problems...

Exactly this!

Technically, I solve the problems in my head. I forgive and forget, then just go on without thinking about it. Then everyone is confused lol.

I go down to Georgia and challenge people to fiddle duels. :lol:

I usually just put them in the form of a poem or I inject them into the plot of my fanfics. They're pretty subtle, and, especially with the fanfics, if you want to get how I feel out of them, you can't look at anything on the surface, and words will have little value.

So...pretty sure no one gets the feelings I put into them, but it's cool :D I get it off of my chest, that's what matters.

If it's a deeply personal problem I tend to keep it to myself or tell someone incredibly close to me... usually the first one...

If it's a problem I'd like help with (that others can help me with... for example looking for work) I tell people about it (Since most of my friends and my parents friends are from church they tend to offer to pray for me which... I guess some ponies on here may be sceptical about but it works for me :) no hate please!)

I sit and brood over them for a bit. It usually makes me feel worse, but i eventually come up with a resolution on my own.

I just need time to think it over, that's all. I don't like sharing my problems with others because i usually don't like the response i get. Plus, i hate to appear helpless or whiny.

Edited by crazitaco

Nowadays I usually just get over it and tell myself I'm being stupid... I don't advise anyone to do this, it's usually not a greta way to handle things. Yet I still do it. Why? Mainly cause I have no idea how I should handle my problems, I was a bit crazy last year and my friends hated me for it. So now I feel like I'm the one at fault all the time. Yea. *sighs* 

Eh, depends, i haven't done alot of telling my problems lately, atleast no directly, i usually kinda just might act sad and get a more general cheering up, not necessarily specific though.

Most of the time that helps.

otherwise it gets stored up and let out in anger or just disappears.

Your best bet is to not drag it alongside you everywhere you go as it may cause problems you won't be able to fix later on... 

I'd say only talk to those people whom you truly trust if you wanted to look for guidance or something along those lines. 

I usually lock them up and keep it somewhere where I'll never see it (depending on the problem of course). It'll probably kill me but eh, I couldn't care less. Thank God I'm very forgetful

Edited by HoopHoof

How I solve my problems is trying to solve it myself. I go through processes to determine how am I going to get rid of my issue.

Step 1: Identified the problem; is the problem hard to fix or easy?

Step 2: Consider if I could handle this alone.

Step 2a: If I decide I can, I will attempt to solve it myself.

Step 2b: If I fail to solve it or decided to get someone to help me, I'll proceed to find help.

Step 3: If I solve it, great! If not, find another way to solve it.

Step 4: If I have still not solve my problem, I'll proceed to ignore it till it shows its ugly face again.

Some times it's best to ignore the issue at hand, or times, it's best to try to solve it.