Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How much do you edit a post before finishing?

JeanHover

49 users have voted

1. 1. How many edits do you make?

• None, I never make mistakes.
    • 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 4-5
    • >5

(edited)

This may not be relevant to you, but I can't be the only one.

Turns out, I edit posts a lot before I actually leave it be. It's mostly not because of mistakes, but just adding things on. I guess looking at my post after putting it up there makes me realize things I could have done better or things I could have taken out. Because, you know, I care about what random people online think about me.

So, tell me, how much do you edit your posts before they are complete? Answer in the poll and, if need be, elaborate with a reply.

Edited by Artemis

I usually post in a hurry, so when I do post, I (almost) always edit at least one time because I forgot some kind of detail I wasn't thinking of before. Other times, I mess up alot because of spelling errors or further details, and edit 3-4 times.

I don't really check my posts too well. mellow.png

i never really edit my posts before i post them. guess that's why i always leave so much grammar errors in them :P i only really edit them to fix a image link that messes up or something

I edit one or two times. It's usually because of mistakes or missing letters and words. I swear I read my post over and I don't notice anything wrong, but when I look at it after posting I notice a mistake or two and have to fix it immediately.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I tend to make too many short sentences that sound weird, so a lot of the time I go back to combine two sentences to make it flow better.

Also, I go back and edit already posted posts all the time.

|
 |

V

Edited by Sky Chaser
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

As many typos as I have.

Usually when I edit a post to add something I leave the original thing and add an EDIT: below everything.

EDIT: Like this. :3

Edited by caramba2654

I'm someone who edits like crazy, before and after I submit. When I'm done with a post, I go back and check, check, and re-check to see if everything is typed up as well as I can and then re-re-check if I wrote any typos or whatnot. Then I submit. Sometimes I'll go back to see what I've written and notice another mistake that I must correct, so I do that.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I usually edit it once or twice, so that way I can check for grammar and spelling errors or the etc. I only do this afterwards though.

*Made purposeful errors, so I could show that* ;)

Edited by Rainbow P.F. Sparkle

A poll such as that one should have been single answer, not multiple choice. I've edited it to fix that. biggrin.png

Depends on the length of the post. Some of my more long-winded ones have undergone dozens of revisions before submission. After posting it may get three more, at most, unless you also count minor things such as correcting the spelling of a single word. I don't.

Shorter posts, such as this, maybe once. Two is probably my average, all things considered.

I usually only edit twice on all of my posts, regardless of length. First edit is for consistency and clarity. The second is for grammar. Even then, I still seem to miss some things durring my second edit. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well, unless you count spell checker corrections I do before posting, hardly any really, I normally get most if not everything across and then just post it, hardly ever do I really add anything or take things out before finishing, I do all my typing and editing typically on the fly for the most part.

And I really don't use the edit post button a whole ton, except on really obvious mistakes, or when I want to add something.

I mistype a lot since most of my posts are done on my phone but if i notice i typed something that wasnt clear or just wrong I'll go vack and edit

I edit one or two times, usually because of spelling and grammar mistakes and when I realize that I've left a little detail out or somethin'. Otherwise, I don't really edit my posts that much.

I edit and check the heck out of my posts before I post them. I honestly hate the little "Edited by ____ at ____" underneath one of my posts. I also reword things constantly after I've typed them up. Which causes me to change sentence structure and mess up certain things like pluralization or such. Annoys me to no end. So I must ritualistically check anything before I post it. :I

• 3 months later...

Really depends on how long the post in question is. I probably make a few mistakes here and there but it's not often I have to go back and edit something. Maybe about 2 or 3 with a post going on this length.

I actually only had to fix 1 spelling error in this one. Whoo. 

I almost always have to go back and edit something, whether for an obvious grammar error, or I re-read something after I post it, and only then think of a better, more detailed way to explain something. Anywhere from 1 to 3 times I'd say.

I usually reread my posts 1-2 times before posting them, just to make sure what I said made sense or to get rid of all the little spelling and grammar mistakes that managed to sneak their way in.

After posting, I usually edit my post 1 or 2 times, depending on whether I've read every post before mine or not. Mostly because I don't want to say the same things others have already said during a discussion or debate.

God I have so many errors in my posts, it gets ridiculous. I've been on a role today, with almost no edited posts, but that might just be because I'm not reading them after they're posted.

Some common errors include:

Typos

misspellings (because I can't spell half the time, not for typos)

grammar errors

run-on-sentence-paragraphs

tangents which are only hilarious to me

forgetting to actually write what I was posting about in the first place

broken bbCode

thought of something else to tack on before anyone sees it

The list just keeps going. On any given post, roll a die, and pick that many from the list. That's pretty typical.

I usually edit if my opinion or if the point that I make, is either inaccurate or it isn't backed up by evidence and facts. Other than that, my posts are perfectly fine.