Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How much do you edit a post before finishing?

JeanHover

49 users have voted

1. 1. How many edits do you make?

• None, I never make mistakes.
    • 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 4-5
    • >5

Well... let's see how the whole thing usually goes...

Er... I make some non-sencial shit, and then I keep doing that until I reached the character limit. And then, afterwards, I edit some stupid mistake.

Edit: Is non-sencial even a word? I don't know. I meant that I write stuff that makes no sense.

Edit 2: I make up some stuff that makes no sense.*

Edit 3: I realized I didn't answer the actual question. I barely check my posts before posting, so yes. I use the "Edit" button a lot.

Edit 4: I probably missed something.

Edit 5: I may go for the world record for "most edits". I doubt I'll get to it.

Edited by Oleg

Once or twice, and it's usually immediately after I've posted it.  However, if I'm reading some of my old posts and notice an error or something worded oddly I'll often change it, even if the post is months old and there's almost no chance of it being seen again.

I often edit, and I will usually add the reason why with a little "EDIT:" footnote so people that have previously read or liked the post know what changed.

Usually, it's another idea that I have, or a grammar mistake I didn't purposefully make; sometimes it's because of a glitch with an image or spoiler.

There's some posts I've edited above ten times, so I would say it's an average of two.

I tend to be a very careful writer in that I meticulously think my sentences through (a majority of the time, though sometimes I don't if I'm anxious to get the post up) and proofread my writing as I'm actually typing it. That makes for slower progress, yes, but it also means fewer errors in general.

The only reason I do end up editing is to correct a typo - even the smallest ones drive me insane until I fix it - or, in the case of a roleplay, I leave out some details that I should have included or I just thought of something to add.

Most of my posts are heavily edited prior to being posted. The only time I'll edit a post after it's been made is if I see minor errors such as grammar, punctuation, or spelling. Unfortunately, these minor errors happen far more often than I'd like to admit...

KUbAnTY.png

I don't really make spelling or grammar mistakes in my posts that often, so I tend to post things without spell-checking first. However, I sometimes make spelling or grammar mistakes, and end up fixing them later. So, I guess I make an average of 1-2 edits to a post.

Most of my posts are edited before I actually post it. The irony is that this excessive editing sometimes causes the post to become kind of messy and have more errors. Still, most of my posts don't get any edits after being posted; when they do (those times where someone brohoofs a post I made a month ago and I see a grammar mistake or something, or I come across one of my posts that has a broken link etc.), it's a one and done kind of deal for the most part even if that one edit takes a lot of time to make.

When I edit I usually do it two times or more, it just depends on whether I see something wrong or I want to add a little. It's amazing how many errors you can make in a small post and then you feel like editing. Also, when finding an old post you often add or remove something from it. So I guess for me it's around two or three times.

• 5 years later...
(edited)

Not much at all really... Not before finishing anyway... After finishing though, quite a lot :P 

Edited by Nsxile
  • Brohoof 1

Depends, anything but the debut section about 1-2. But it's bugs to see the "edited" on the bottom of your text. It's like a splat on your comment..:eww:

I usually say all I have to say when I post (I know, I talk too much) but I always seem to catch a typo or two afterward. So yeah, I go back and fix those from time to time.  

(edited)

I don't make a lot of mistakes, but I'm easily bothered when I make said mistakes, so I generally edit posts several times...

By the way, I edited this one twice.

Edited by Dusklicious
One edit was literally just over a comma.

• 7 months later...

I do, as it is part of the forum guidelines to look over your post before posting it (especially good if making a new topic). But I have posted a few times when I forgot to correct a "i", and that's very annoying!

I would say, either live with the "i" shame, or live with the "I edited this post because of a spelling error" when "i" is just a rushed keyboard error, is not worth it. Better just look over the post before posting.

Edited by Splashee
"I edited this post because of a spelling error (I had to do it, lol)
  • Brohoof 1

I very rarely edit my post after I've already submitted it, but that's just because I go through my post several times over beforehand to make sure it sounds right and includes everything I want to say. Sometimes it can take me hours to make one simple insignificant post because of how self conscious and thorough I am (this one took me like ~30 minutes). ^^;;

So in a way I do make a ton of edits, I just do it -before- I finally click that submit reply button.

Edited by JackleberryCA
Though sometimes I can't help but add in a word or two because I think it sounds better, even if it literally makes no difference haha~

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...