Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you wish you were better at?

Clockwork Chaos

Drawing.. I wish I could do digital art. Also specifically legs, god I hate drawing those so much. I also want to get better at coding, making websites and games. I was fiddling around in java but I hadn't in a while.

(edited)

I wish I was better at speaking/reading/writing Japanese. If I was, I could understand what Duckie and Jun of Gotcharocka were saying on twitter. ;___; I also wish I was better at drawing as well. Luckily, I have my senpai who inspires me though. <3

Edited by AdorbzFangirl

I see a lot of people saying that they wished they were better at art. Not to sound like a cliche, but all you need is practice, I promise! My first pony attempts are still floating around on these boards somewhere, and they are terrible. They're misshapen, broken-legged beasties that destroyed my pencils and my ego. xD But practice!! I promise it gets better. 

Now, if there was a skill I wish I was better at, I would have to say communication.  :blush: I don't like to upset people or be a bother, so sometimes I say nothing when I really should speak up. And other times, when I really should keep my mouth shut, I talk way too much and embarrass myself.  :unsure: So yeah, communication. xD

I need to get better at talking to new people, or talking to people in general... shyness, paranoia, and social anxiety are my curses, gotta purge them or at least lessen my guard on those feelings I suppose. I do want a more social life... :blush:

Basically everything, but especially:

~ Sewing! I'm trying to learn but I suck at it, it would make cosplaying so much easier if I could make my own stuff a bit more :(

~ Talking to new people, making friends, speaking up for myself etc. generally being more confident.

~ Making videos! Again something I want to learn, but most tutorials confuse me with all the tech stuff. I have so many ideas for P/AMVs though~

~ Writing...I'm okay at it, but specifically I wish I was better at plot, and original ideas and characters. I mostly write shipping fluff, which I enjoy, but...feels a bit lame compared to so many amazing writers out there :please: I mainly wish I was better at original stuff, and also that I was a WAY faster writer, it takes me forever to finish anything >.>;;  /should be working on fic deadline for H&HD contest right now

Let's see:

Art: Ugh, I'm so jealous of all those amazing artists online. Whenever I get the inspiration to draw something it always ends up looking... distorted in a way.

Learning another language: I was so sure that taking a.class would help me learn another language. I was wrong, I have to work extra and I still have trouble memorizing vocabulary and grammar rules.

Writing: Everyone knows how it feels to have an amazing idea in your head that just sounds bad on paper. That has happened to me countless times. My goal is to write something that the public will enjoy somewhat. I'll start slow with fanfics and then gradually get to writing an actual book.

Drums, despite it being my primary musical focus, it's always hit or miss with me. some days i can keep a beat, the other days, i can barely hold the sticks

I wish i was better at singing.

I am not bad and some people say that i sing very good. But i think that i could become even better.

(edited)

I wish I was better at art. I mean, my drawings are good and everything but there's always room for improvement and to get better. It's not quite as good as I want it to be. I'll get better though.

Edited by RainbowDash72

Like everyone else :P drawing but there are also some other ones that could improve my life and my friend's lives so much...

-drawing or at least more consistent in the amount of things that I draw
-motivating people and helping them out of a situation

-managing my feelings

-knowing when to shut up

I wish I were better at small talk. All my life I've hung out with people in similar lines of work to myself, and so I sometimes find it hard to communicate with other people I meet. 

(edited)

Well, there are some things I would definitely want to get better at, but I would like to do that on my own. I like challenging. So, guess I'll just choose one of my hobbies that I'm not that good at...

Vocal works would be quite nice, actually. I've grown to like it, singing and reading and the like, especially reading in different voices to myself... What, it's amusing!

Edited by Lord Bradley

ART: I have a really imaginative mind and I'm constantly day dreaming, but I lack the talent to bring that stuff into reality by drawing.

I wish I was better.... I know that practice makes perfect, but I'm also very impatient.

one bad drawing and I lose faith in myself and drop it for a while, and by the time I pick it up again I'm at square one.

Math, I suck at math and I feel like my life would be easier if I was more adept with it.

(don't ask, it's just a feeling.)

I used to have this dream that if I was offered three wishes, I would wish for the following.

1. an infinite capacity for knowledge without change to my physical form. (just in case.)

2. the ability to become an expert on any subject by simply reading information with an intent to learn (all that's required is a single sentence) everything ever written on the subject would be mine.

there were so many possibilities!

instantly learning Japanese.

becoming a prodigy in my desired field.

having a safe reliable job.

(the third wish isn't relevant to the topic, but it was the ability to travel to alternate worlds through pictures)

Music, I wish I could sing better. my singing is okay at best.

but I hate how my voice goes slightly deeper when I sing.

I know that I could train my voice to go higher, but I lack the patience to practice.

o3o obviously I NEED to learn to be patient with stuff and keep with them.

then I could be happy instead of dreaming about it. x3