Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who's the Best Designed Pony?

Melior

The characters in this show look great, inspiring many fanworks. Whenever I see a person mention a character they like they often mention liking their design. The mane six probably have had the most thought put into their designs. So who is/are the best designed ponies, mane six and non-mane six, and why you think so. If you don't know why, they just look cool, that's fine just go ahead and share their name/picture.

Some design elements to consider:

• Colour scheme: Probably be easier if you just clicked here. If you want to read my blurb go right on. Do they use harmonious colours such as orange+blue or red+green which are complementary colours (across the colour wheel). Red+orange or blue+purple are supplementary colours (next to each other on the colour wheel). Twilight uses supplementary colours while Sapphire Shores uses both: supplementary blue and purple, complementary yellow and purple.

• Symbolism: Usually in the form of colour. An example would be purple representing royalty. The gems in Celestia's crown and harness-thingy are purple. Rainbow's eye colour looks hot compared to her cool blue coat. These hot eyes represent her fiery passion.

• Race: Unicorns are usually smart and/or upper class. Earth ponies are the only farmers we've seen in the series so they are seen as farmers but also act as a default for ponies. Pegasi are usually athletic as seen in “Hurricane Fluttershy” when seemingly all the pegasi participate except Fluttershy.

There's probably more to consider but I couldn't think of them. Anyways tl:dr? Who do you think is the best designed pony from the mane six and outside the mane six?

Quick example:

A5ejoeJ.png  Film Reel and Rainbow Dash

• Brohoof 3

Best designed inside the mane 6 would for me be rarity. Just looking at the design for the first time you can see this is a classy pony.

The white color on her Coat re defined showing grooming, and the purple mane is styled showing how much time is put into it.

Non-main ld probably go with my favorite, colegate or cheerilee ohI can't decided.

Colgate I love because she's so blue, so blue and just the small characteristics that characters design makes her look so cute.

cheerilee also gets me with her design because of the colors scheme just being so nice to see, plus her smile seems more defined probably because she is a teacher in the series so she needs to be brighter then the rest.

I don't actually think the mane 6 are that well designed compared to some of the background ponies because they all have the same base. I do love Vinyl, the hair and glasses look awesome. Derpy is adorable with in her own cross-eyed way. Octavia looks so cute with her haughty expression and little bow tie. Big Mac stands out because of his size, the thing round his neck (I'm no farmer so I have no clue what its called  :blush: ) and the fact he has hooves. Also, his accent is great. So, for me, there are many well designed background ponies but I think the mane six are a little lack-lustre in comparison.

• Brohoof 1

I think Rarity has the best design. Her design looks pretty good, since she is a pretty classy pony. As for non-Mane 6 ponies, Colgate and Amethyst Star have pretty wonderful designs when it comes to their mane and body colors.

The best designed of the Mane 6: Rarity: Why? Her mane is really complex and her color matches so well.

The best designed of the side characters: Granny Smith: Why? They make her look old while not making her look to old.

The best designed of the background ponies?: Derpy: Why? Her Derp eyes are really original along with her hair.

The best designed of the villians? Queen Chryalis: Her body design is really original and the holes represent her evilness. Really clever on the designer's end.

Edited by Sir.Flutter Hooves

Best Mane 6 design? This girl:

rarity___opening_by_derant-d5bbvgu.png

I absolutely love the curls in her mane and tail, but I also adore her color scheme. The eye color looks good as well.

Best designed non-mane 6 pony? This girl:

Princess_Celestia_profile_cropped_S03E01

Why? Well...look at that beautiful color scheme! Everything clashes together quite lovely. She manages to have the look of a leader and a kind mother. Plus, those eyes are beautiful. 

Out of the mane six, I would have to say Rainbow. Her design is nice, (Love that fact that she is rainbow. I love rainbows!  :yay:) I have always been a big fan of Rainbow dash, partly because she is Rainbow, and her personality has always intrigued me. 

And for non-mane six, I have to say Photo finish takes the cake. The dress seems very well done. I am also very compelled because of her design, (And something else I can't think of) 

Well that is my opinion, some may disagree.

I just now remembered why i like Photo finish! Her color scheme!  :lol: I hate when I forget what I want to say. (And while I admit Rarity has a nice design, I am just compelled by RD) 

• Brohoof 1

Mane 6:

I say Applejack has the best design. Everything goes together nicely, and I love her hat. She also has my favorite design out of the Mane 6.

Side Characters: 

I'll go with Braeburn with this one. I just like southern-style designs, and orange looks really nice for Applejack and Braeburn.

CMC:

I say Apple Bloom for this one. I don't really like white in color schemes (have nothing against it; just not my favorite), and Scootaloo's design is pretty good, but I'll have to go with Apple Bloom. The pale, light grayish olive goes so well with the brilliant amaranth for her mane. Plus, here bow is adorable.

Background pony:

I don't know; I guess Amethyst Star and Roseluck have the best designs for me.

I don't know. To be honest the one who stands out the most to me out of the mane 6 would be Rainbow Dash since she's a Rainbow. But I will admit that Rarity's colors go well together.

As for best Background pony. Id say Sapphire Shores. I love her mane and her body.

Mane Six: Rarity, the colours the hair all mesh so well together

Side Character: Zecora, what you say zebra's aren't ponies to heck with you. I say the design similarities are close enough. 

VillainSunset Shimmer, I just pretty much dislike every other facet of her

Background Pony: I kinda like Golden Harvest and Lyra Heartstrings 

Mane 6: All are good but I think it is a toss up between Applejack and Twilight, with Applejack the freckles and hair make her quite adorable and the hat is also a pretty nice touch. Twilight has the best color scheme and has beautiful eyes and I like the symbolism behind her cutie mark.

Side Character: Luna is the epitome of both sexy and cute with that dark blue coat, long flowing mane and half moon cutie mark.

Background Pony: Derpy may be my favorite background pony but the best designed is Octavia that just shines class and sophistication without falling prey to vanity.

I personally think that Rarity has the best design of the Mane 6. Her curly mane perfectly reflects her personality and the fact that her coat is white only emphasizes the fact that she CAN NOT STAND getting dirty. She is primed, polished, and perfected to the point where her color scheme, symbolism, and even her race as a unicorn all come together to make the perfect design - Rarirty!

((But I also think Applejack is a pretty awesome design too.... The long pony tail and pulled back mane are perfect symbolism for her hard working spirit and her hat is just so adorable!))

• Brohoof 1

Mane Six- i really can't decide.  Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Applejack all look so unique and their mane styles and distinguishing features are just so *them*.  Pinkie's got her pink, poofy mane that looks like it was made out of cotton candy, Applejack's freckles and cowboy hat perfect that whole "down home" look, and i love Rarity's perfectly coiffed, detailed mane and detailed eye design (which I think she shares with only Octavia and the spa ponies).

As for non-mane six, it's not even close.

xQsYGJxBxzk.jpg

Chrysalis.  i love how she manages to somehow look elegant and disgusting at the same time.  It's like they crossed a unicorn cadaver with an insect and dead tree bark or something.  And yet even while looking totally gross and monstrous, she still comes off as looking rather queenly.  GREAT design. 

• Brohoof 2

Mane 6: Rarity, would be the best designed ...ironic since she designs stuff.

2ndary: Spitfire. Her colours are all warm colours. They jsut seem to work, and when she's got her uniform on (Either her Wonderbotls or her Wonderbolts Academy one)She just looks so awesome. It just works IMO.

Background: Octavia....because like her she's all about classic music, which generally revolve around neutral and subtlyness....which explains her grey fur and black mane and tail. and her pink cutie mark is that little bit of subtleness.

Fluttershy. I love the drooping hair with the little up curl on the end, and her similarly droopy yet beautiful eyes. For non mane six I would have to say Nightmare Moon. She is the most imposing and powerful looking character that the creators have designed so far, in my opinion. And for background ponies, I think Time Turner (AKA Dr. Whooves) is best. I like his short tail and almost Mohawk-like mane, and I think brown hair with blue eyes is very attractive.

Within the Mane 6 it would be Rainbow Dash and then Rarity. I just love their color schemes but with the villains...

discord_non_vector_by_aleximusprime-d49o

Discord is basically what happens when you take body parts of random animals and try to make one creature out of them. I just love the way he's designed.

Out of the Mane Six, I'd say Twilight Sparkle. The highlights in her mane look very unique and when I want to humanize her, she turns out so freakin ADORABLE!

For non-mane 6, I'd say Spitfire. Her colors blend very well with her cutie mark! Her mane looks awesome by showing that Fire-like design.

For background ponies, guess Vinyl Scratch :3 mainly because I don't see other ponies in the background with her design just re colored. Vinyl's design is unique :D

• Brohoof 1

...I always loved Rainbow Dash's design the best, surprising nobody. Cyan is a pleasant color, and it compliments her love of the sky. Her mane's also very unique, and really catches the eye, especially when she's dressed up for an occasion. Her eye color is also my favorite. Rarity's design is also wonderful. Those two stand out to me among the Mane Six, though they all have good designs.

For other ponies, Spitfire and Luna come to mind. Spitfire's isn't especially complicated other than her fiery mane, but it doesn't really have to be to get your attention. Luna takes kind of the opposite route, but she's nice to look at all the same.

• Brohoof 2

Main 6: Rarity. Beautifully styled mane and nice eyes.

Secondary Char: Princess Cadence. Her mane fits so well with the rest of her body and her personality.

Background Char: Roseluck. This is more opinionated, but I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HER COLOUR SCHEME.

• Brohoof 1

Mane 6 is Rarity. (Surprised?) Hey, it looks like this Rarity and the one in my avatar are looking at each other. :D

post-2257-0-85006100-1376039207_thumb.png

The best background designs are shared by Candy Mane and Junebug:

post-2257-0-89617200-1376039240_thumb.png

And then there's Fleur, the supermodel pony. She's good too.

Edited by Full Spectrum
  • Brohoof 2

Ah, the character designs. My oh my, are the characters in this show well designed. So many characters have beautiful designs that fit them very well, so this was definitely not an easy decision to make.

In the end, I'd say Rainbow Dash. (I know it's not a very big surprise, since anybody who knows me knows I like Dashie the most, and I have a Rainbow Dash username.)  I tried to be as unbiased as possible, but inevitably a little bit slipped in.  :blush: Dashie's design is just so beautiful to me. I love her blue coat, and how it resembles her love for flying. Her prismatic mane is absolutely beautiful, and those cerise eyes are to die for. Pegasi are also my favorite pony race, and I always found their wings aesthetically pleasing. Her cutie mark also deserves a mention, since it looks very cool and it resembles who she is pretty well. Rainbow Dash is fast as lightning, so it's pretty befitting for her cutie mark to be a rainbow lightning bolt shooting through a cloud. All of her physical traits coalesce into one of the most amazing character designs I have ever witnessed.

• Brohoof 1

Mane 6: definitely Pinkie Pie - her job is to work at Sugar Cube Corners which is a patisserie that handles cakes and confectionery and the fact that Pinkie's colour is pink and her mane resembles chewed up bubblegum adds the whole effect to her design and someone could easily point out who is a non brony that she must work in some sort of confectionery business

Princess: being a bit biased here i have to say Princess Luna - her main job is to be the guardian / princess of the night and her mane can sparkle sometimes representing the stars in the night sky, her coat is a deep blue / purple representing the night sky and her name is luna, which is Italian / Spanish / Latin for 'Moon' so it fits her role perfectly

post-18731-0-95367200-1376055291.jpg