Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What kind of magic would you learn?

Cloby

30 users have voted

1. 1. What kind of magic would you like to learn?

• Black magic (Example: like king sombra)
    • White magic (Example: like Cadance)
    • Water control (Example: Shoobedoododoo!)
    • Fire control (Example: Well...you know...fire stuff)
    • Just Magic. (Example: Teleport)
    • A little of everything

First: I didnt add the options of WIND and EARTH magic since, well, earth ponys and pegasus are the one that controls those elements.

Lets say that you born as a unicorn.

What kind of magic would you like to learn and practice?

I would like to learn a little of Light and Dark magic :D

Fiah. Flashiest element, it's bad-ass, and has a lot of conventional uses, seeing as heat generation is a huge part of all sorts of things. Plus, it'd be fun to blast things with smoldering torrents of fire, too <3

I would learn a bit of everything even dark magic wouldn't be entirely off limits, I would view magic as a tool albeit one that needs to be used responsibly but that magic is only as dark or light as what purpose you use it for.

I'd specialize in dark magic, personally, with a little ice magic on the side. Maybe later find a way to combine dark and light magic just for experimentation.

• Brohoof 1

Shoot, that there is a tough question for ol' Grandpap. You know, I think If I was born a Unicorn, I'd first learn how to use some magic forces to easily bake cookies, get the mail, clean the toilets, beg for the grocery fairy to return to re-stock the refrigerator and pantry, and then after I did all that I'd turn myself into a Station Wagon. Preferably a 1972 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser 442. 

Then life would be complete. Because then I could be a Station Wagon and be all like "Yes, I am a Station Wagon!".

The End.

From the list, I would learn a bit of Black Magic, but mostly White Magic.

Although, I would really want to learn some kind of Illusion Magic, like being able to create and alter illusions and such... I don't know if that goes into any kind of category you listed there.

Light magic, because I'm not evil enough to go with the dark stuff. Also, i feel as if my personality alligns significantly more with a white mage than a black mage. Perhaps id learn a bit of water magic as well since I'm not a pyromaniac :P

It is not in the list, but my OC's main magical ability is the magic of creation. Not sure if that is a real magical ability in the MLP universe but that is probably what I would like to have. For example he is able to create inanimate objects for use, his own light sources, hallucinations and visions, things like that. Basically inanimate objects, light, thought, and energy with some others things here and there.

Light magic, 'cause darkness is uncool!

But in all seriousness, light magic just looks cooler than dark magic.

Wow.... I might be the only person here who thinks that. mlp-twut.png

Mostly light magic, but I would have a little hint of dark in there because why the heck not. :P

I'd most likely choose a fire element or ice. I do like the idea of being able to keep myself warm or freeze up things that melt xD

You forgot dressmaking magic!! :P

I'd say 'Just Magic' because I imagine that's where levitation and such fit under. Actually, isn't that where most of Twi's useful magic is?

i picked "a little of everything" because that's how i would be if i were my OC. his main focuses are weather and psychic stuff, whether it be telekinesis or mind reading. but he also has learned various other spells, like teleportation and gravity switching.

Man, why isn't Electricity up there? I can't vote for nuttin'.

Anyways, I would totally want to control electricity, because who wouldn't want to shoot bolts of lightning out of their horns, or be able to repair any sort of electricity-powered device with just a simple spell?

Edited by Modphazon

I'd really like to learn a mixture of white and black magic. I would be able to act as a support type for a team with white magic while still being somewhat offensive and able to hold my own with black magic. I'm really thinking about this in RPG terms. Can't help it. :P

Not very certain the poll's terms and their definitions are quite aligned, but I digress.

I think I'd prefer to have the more neutral and practical magic as used by Twilight Sparkle. It'd be most useful, and whilst not being of any specific nature, it would be a good gateway into other branches.

I'm not sure which category this would belong in, but I would like Astral projection. the ability to send my conciousness away from my physical body as a ghost like being, as well as more mental stuff such as being able to read others minds, at least to a certain degree.

I find it funny how people say white magic, maybe a bit a darkness, but mostly white magic. White magic is mostly, well, light. What is light going to do? How utterly useless is Celestia, the ruler of the Sun, in most episodes? I, for one, would go pure dark magic, with a blend of fire and pure magic. You can keep your pure light magic and the good opinion other pony's have on you, i'll just go this way with my army of undead...nothing to worry about...