Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Do You React To Haters?

dar tunsh

By this I mean what do you ususally do when someone slanders MLP in a video comment, another forum, or a videogame.

I usually avoid talking to haters/trolls and try not to get involved in flame wars. If someone does start directing insults at me becuase of my Xbox live bio, TF2 spray/Steam avatar, or something else, I usually just say, "I find the show interesting and fun. You are entitled to your opinion, and I mine. I have nothing more to say."

If he happens to say I'm gay, then I'll throw in 'I have a girlfriend and wether you believe me or not is your choice.' somewhere in there. ;)

• Brohoof 2

If it's a real hater, do what you're doign I guess.

If it's a friend that thinks MLP FIM is girly, tell them to actually watch the damn show for once and ask what they think exactly is girly, other than the theme song :P:)

• Brohoof 2

I use to say:

Im sure you got bigger conserns then worrying about what i like and dislike.

I like the show for servral reasons and you hate it because.... Its ponys? Grow up.

And if they add something about im gay:

What wrong with being gay?

I useualy get no response or a ''sorry''

• Brohoof 5

If it's a friend that thinks MLP FIM is girly, tell them to actually watch the damn show for once and ask what they think exactly is girly, other than the theme song :P:)

what are you talking about? the theme song is pretty manly xD

I use to say:

Im sure you got bigger conserns then worrying about what i like and dislike.

I like the show for servral reasons and you hate it because.... Its ponys? Grow up.

And if they add something about im gay:

What wrong with being gay?

I useualy get no response or a ''sorry''

Not trying to offend anyone who's gay, I'm just saying I'm straight.
  • Brohoof 1

I just told my girlfriend to watch it cuz before she was all like "I'm not girly MLP is girly and gay" and "I'm not girly I like motorcycles and shyt get a clue" then when she finally watched it she was like "it's not girly it's amazing and addicting"

lol ^.^

• Brohoof 3

I just told my girlfriend to watch it cuz before she was all like "I'm not girly MLP is girly and gay" and "I'm not girly I like motorcycles and shyt get a clue" then when she finally watched it she was like "it's not girly it's amazing and addicting"

lol ^.^

WTC, why is your GF a comeplete tomboy? (nothing wrong with it, just asking)

Well depends on the situation of course.

If it is in the comment section of the video I ignore it completely! Those aren't pleasant places.

I don't go to any other forums than here these days so that's how I deal with the forum haters :P

In a video game... HAHA! I don't talk to people over videogames! Well at least strangers. I talk to my friends when playing games in private parties and they know I'm a Brony and I respect that they aren't into it (yet) so I just don't bring up ponies unless the topic is relevant.

IRL if it is a stranger I don't care about I ignore them. If it is peers at my school I tend to get a bit nervous, but I get over it. If it is a friend being a hater then I get a bit sad and defend Bronies in a calm and mature manner.

But the show IS girly! Most of the characters are female and the show does have A LOT of feminine themes!

I thought the point of being a Brony is that we are mature enough to look past or even embrace that the show is girly!

I for one LOVE the girly factors of the show, but is formatted in a way (through being well written and superior Flash animation) that I can actually take in the girly themes and still love it!

• Brohoof 3

I've never actually encountered a hater online. Shock right?

A lot of my friends are haters and I just explain to them that its a good show and I like it. If they persist with "its for girls" I usually end up giving a lecture about things should be judged for their merit and not on society's view of them.

• Brohoof 2

Ive never been one to hide the things I like, and I am prone to liking things most of the world hates, like bad movies, ICP, Nickelback, etc, so I have developed a rather thick skin in regards to random hatred toward something I like.

In the specific case of MLP, I tend to tell them "Someone needs to learn the magic of Friendship and Tolerance" and leave it at that.

• Brohoof 2

It depends, i usually dont reply to haters online or if I do I say: yeah, you keep thinking that.

Speaking of haters, today my friend said this (I think he was trying to embarrass me... It didn't work lol):

Friend 1: Parker catch!

*is about to throw ball*

Friend 2: he can't he's going to watch my little pony.

Me: ....................

Posted Image

Edited by toothlessbrony
  • Brohoof 3

I wish I could say, but the truth is I don't think I have encountered any haters really, except for possibly one person who made fun of me when I first started watching the show.

That said, I would attempt to apply the traditional love and tolerate stance, that being that it's okay if they don't like My Little Pony, so long as they're not jerks about it. If they're constantly insulting me, I would do my best to ignore them.

• Brohoof 1

I've never been MLP hated/trolled. I did have some guy freak on me because I said I no longer wanted to see "Iron Sky" once I found out it was a comedy. He cursed me out and everything! I just asked him why he reacted so strongly because i didn't want to see a movie he had nothing to do with making.

Edited to clarify. This was in an online forum, not face to face.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

I actually had a class discussion about MLP, no haters at my school with it either. being 17 and liking MLP has not cause anyone problems but still I think one time some guys looked at me really hard, but they were some random "gangster" kids

Ehh I don't pay too much attention to the haters, they can go around wasting all their time hating for all I care. If you rage back at them, they're just getting the reaction they desire, so I don't even give them the time of day. In the end, when they realize they've accomplished nothing, they'll see for themselves the error of their ways.

I tend to divide them into three categories: Actual haters, people poking fun, and trolls.

If it's an actual hater, I try to logically explain that I realize why they don't like the show (ie: every site they go on now is full of ponies), and leave them with their opinion. If it's just people poking fun I tell them to try watching it for a change. And if it's a troll, I'm just really condescending and smug towards them.

I have not yet encountered any haters in real life.

On the Internet, I usually try not to react to haters at all. The problem with reacting to haters online is that you will probably be wasting your time.

If a random person online dislikes the show enough to let me know about it, then they are probably set in their opinion. Responding to them in any way would just add fuel to the fire.

If someone that I know has a negative reaction to the show, then I will usually try to pitch the show to them. I'll talk about Lauren Faust and her previous work. I'll talk about the quality of the animation and characterizations. Finally, I will invite them to watch just one episode.

If they refuse to watch an episode (or watch an episode and don't like it), then I suggest that we agree to disagree, and I won't bring it up again. If they refuse to watch an episode and attempt to make fun of me, then I suggest that they grow up and contact me after this occurs. If they watch the show and they like it, then I welcome them to the herd.

So it goes....