Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are we born Bronies?

Keyfur

Born as Bronies  

112 users have voted

1. 1. Is is a choice to become a Brony?

• Yes, I decided to love MLP<3
    • No, blame genetics for my awesomeness.
    • Other

First off this is a silly poll  :P  but I thought I'd ask what everypony thinks! A fellow Brony brought to my attention that I never chose to be a Brony... so perhaps I was born this way? What do you think:

Do we choose to be Bronies?

or

Were we born this way?

Edited by Keyfur
  • Brohoof 3

Haha what am I looking at.

Seriously, saying that becoming a brony was caused by genetics is like saying being homosexual or otherwise is caused by genetics. Besides, for bronies, it's just a matter of preference, and in comparison to other groups in society as a whole, we're not that provocative...sounds like something fanfiction would deal with...:)

• Brohoof 5

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. We don't have a specific gene or instinct that tells us "Thou shall like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic." No, we like the show because we do and because we became informed of it and decided to check it out on our own accords.

is like saying being homosexual or otherwise is caused by genetics.

Actually, it is heavily debated and even beginning to lean towards the fact that homosexuality can be, possibly in combination with other factors, genetic.

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 7

We choose to be bronies.....

We found out about the show, managed to find some enjoyment out of it and then joined the fandom.

That is all there is to it. 

• Brohoof 2

Haha no way, of course it is a choice. You find out about Friendship is Magic, choose whether to watch it or not, decide for yourself if you like it or not, then contemplate if you should participate in the brony fandom or not- hard to imagine being 'born' to do that really, as with all things you could chose whether or not to get into. :huh:

• Brohoof 2

Okay is this actually supposed to have a point? While there are certain factors which may make someone more likely to be open to watching ponies, I highly doubt there is some kind of brony gene or something, I didn't think in a million years that I would like this show but I gave it a chance and I liked it. I could have chosen to deny that I liked it but I just said "screw it" and decided to enjoy the ride.

I believe that some people are born bronies, some people achieve broniness, and some people have broniness thrust upon them.

Dat quote.

Anyway, I don't think that it's even possible to be born as a fan of something. We find the show, we like the show and we join the fandom, one way or another.

saying that we're born to be bronies is like saying some people are born to be engineers. its not something that's written in stone s soon you begin to exist in this world, its something that's started by that first spark of curiousity

Asking if we born as bronys, is kinda like asking if we believe in destiny (aahh... just a silly idea now that i analize it)

well, what i think is that all the people's mind work with patrons and conditions for liking something, that's my explanation and my opinión of your post if you allow me to continue...

It's true that all of us are different but, our minds, Works as i said, with conditions and patterns, thats why many people have the same likes all time.

No offence but i detected that some of us, include myself start liking MLP after facing certain inner problems (i may be wrong so don't get mind that). 

there are groups of people who shared same thoughts because their minds acomplished the same conditions as the thing in case demands it, not always with that intention.

For example, our subconcious looks for something colorful, fun, simple, cute, friendly and even creative and our minds respond to a show that not only reunited those conditions but maximize them, that's why i think that Lauren Faust's (props to her)visión and the creation of the fandom was a mere coincidence and not planned with this objetive (even if i thought the opposite sometimes XD)... i always think that MLP is only for creative and dreamful people, and also for people who appreciates art. What i tried to say is that the reasons to our fandom exists is the same for people who loves metal, gothic, geek, skate etc. those things gathers people who think the same way because their minds have the same thoughts (or most at them), that's my visión of "Collective Subconsious"

in a matter of speaking yes, we born to be bronies because we shared the same emotions, not born being bronies, i hope you understand my point (sorry for my bad english XD)

• Brohoof 1

I wasn't born! I was engineered! Everything I am, I was made to be this way. There was no choice, just inevitability. Eye, skin and hair color, sexual interests, IQ, tastes in music, art, entertainment, all programmed into my DNA.

So none, of this... none of the blood on my hands, is my fault you see. The responsibility belongs to the ones who made me. People who believed they had the right to play God.

People such as you. You're responsible.

So now I'm coming for you.

It's inevitable.

:lol:  Nope. No brony gene sequence. That'd be silly.

• Brohoof 1

and some people have broniness thrust upon them.

laugh-meme.jpg

In all seriousness, what are you smoking? A brony is a fan of the show My Little Pony. Saying genetics is the cause of your enjoyment of a show is nothing short of predeterminist, and honestly rather silly. They don't work that way - genetics can have some effect on your personality, however for the most part who you are is determined by external stimuli and how you reacted to them.

Edited by Durandal
  • Brohoof 1

#IWasBornThisWay #SoOppressed

But seriously. No. It isn't. That's like saying being an otaku is genetics. It isn't. It all depends on whether or not you discover the show. If you never discovered the show, it's not like there'd be a gaping hole in your life where My Little Pony is supposed to be. :P 

u bunch of sillehz

• Brohoof 1

When it comes to normal people: Choice, absolutely, no doubt.

When it comes to me... I'm not sure, but I'm fairly certain with the strongly linked paranormal experiences, that my bronydom might actually be more than a choice. Guess what? I stumbled upon ponies for the first time when I was just starting to break down the multiverse...

For now, doesn't matter, I like the show.

• Brohoof 1

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

A Brony is not born. A Brony is made. A Brony is forged in the fires of friendship! Through dedication, and resilience, a Brony learns to wield the spear of tolerance and thrust it forth upon the dark places of the world! Love and kindness is his destiny, for he has chosen a Best Pony. The Ponies fuel his passion, but it is up to the Brony to unleash it!

• Brohoof 6

A Brony is not born. A Brony is made. A Brony is forged in the fires of friendship! Through dedication, and resilience, a Brony learns to wield the spear of tolerance and thrust it forth upon the dark places of the world! Love and kindness is his destiny, for he has chosen a Best Pony. The Ponies fuel his passion, but it is up to the Brony to unleash it!

What can I do, but agree with this?

Looking through the genetic code of humanity, I have yet to find a gene that points towards liking anything. Such things are probably not genetic. Nurture would have an impact though.

• Brohoof 1

Yes. My mother stuck a magic TV up her uterus that receives television shows from the future. Watched every episode (Season 1-9, plus the four Equestria Girls Movies and the follow up miniseries where they are in space). I don't know what drove my mother to painfully open her cervix and insert a television but it was worth it. I was born a brony. Literally.

(Can just being graphic get me in trouble? -_-)

Edited by Jammo
  • Brohoof 2