Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How long after beginning to watch MLP did you start to create something?

ArtemYegorov

I mean..How long after beginning of watching MLP you started to draw, making music etc.?

I was much inspired by "This Day Aria" song at the end of season 2, and I thought to make first cover for it..but when I finished season 3  I really liked "A True True Friend" and as a result I made first cover exactly for this song.
So it was about 1- 1.5 month after I had watched the first episode.

What about you? :)

Edited by ArtemYegorov
  • Brohoof 2

It only took me a month back in 2011 before I started working on a 8-bit game mod, which is still not completely done...

And I'm also making music for Pony fangames. My stuff takes time unfortunately, and people are going to forget about it in 5 minutes.

• Brohoof 1

My first pony artwork was a song called "Fire in My Eye".  I made it 6 months after becoming a brony, and it was pretty bad.  I ended up re-recording it to fix some things.  

• Brohoof 1

After watching all 3 seasons, I picked up the pencils and began to draw again after a long 4 year break. When I got to high school, I just stopped drawing and focused on other things. I've drawn about 20+ pictures so far and am slowly working on some videos.

• Brohoof 1

Got into MLP Late 2011. Created my first creation 3 weeks ago. I haven't uploaded it, but I made an entire 22 minute episode of My Little PINGAS: PROMOTION is Magic. It's called: Too Many PINGAS Pies. I think you know what happens next...

*horde approaches* "PINGASPINGASPINGASPINGASPINGAS"

Now to make another YouTube channel so I won't get copyright issues or brony haters on my gaming channel.

Edited by Rcforme

I first watched my little pony on 11th November then on 17th November I created my first drawing, so it took me around 6 days to begin creating something. I  would have created something sooner but I could hardly draw and when I finally managed to create something that looked cool was on the 17th. So yeah six days, I just felt creative right away. 

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

Saw loads of pony stuff online so I checked out the first two episodes mid-July, and liked them, so I then started watching every episode in order, one per day (with the exception of the two-parters which I watched on the same day) and finished in a month. I wrote a fanfiction. http://mlpforums.com/topic/72708-read-my-fanfiction/

Edited by Chocolate Pegasus
  • Brohoof 1

I started getting into writing after watching the first two episodes of MLP. The show inspired me to write fanfics. Of course, those fanfics are all romance fanfics, but not like that's a bad thing. I enjoy writing about romance. :wub:

• Brohoof 1

Last year (a year after I initially started watching MLP)  I tried to draw a pony and it didn't turn out so well such I just stopped. I also tried to write some fanfics around that time but canon debunked my storylines and such also writing is much harder than it seems. It takes alot of talent to pull of a good fanfic.  -_-

Edited by Unipeg

well, when i saw the episode of "Party for One", and meet the characters i drawed a crossovers between MGS bosses and the mane six

For example Sniper Rarity, Psycho Sparkle etc. (i do love Metal Gear series and i LOVE MLP!!)

I believe I started making music out of boredom during the Summer of 2012, as I was waiting for Season 3.

I think I started learning Winter Wrap-Up on guitar, and eventually I started recording it in Garageband, and there you go.

I started doing sketches then coloring about a month after finishing Season 3 of FiM.

Mainly because I was busy w/ family coming over. After a while, I just continued with the habit of pony drawings :)  

I think it was about a month or so before I first tried to draw something pony related, which in my case was an OC idea I had. I must have spent as much time looking up references as I did actually drawing anything.

I tried to make a Scootaloo plushie eight months or so after I became a brony. It went badly.

I've made a couple of drawings but nothing really worthy of the title "a creation"  :blush:

I'm planning on trying my hand at a YTP starting this weekend though. No idea why. If it goes well I might actually try and make some cool pony videos.

Looks like about a month when I did my first crappy 5 minute mouse doodle of Twilight, but that hardly counts. Month and a half to the start of my first real project, which was my Celestia and Luna guitar. But that took several months to get to the state of almost-completion that it's been since around the start of the year, so my first completed project was a Rainbow Dash plushie at about 3 months.

But I'd been aware of the fandom for a while before watching, so I knew I'd be joining the fanart party from the beginning :)

My stuff takes time unfortunately, and people are going to forget about it in 5 minutes.

It's pretty sad, but I think..the stuff will not be forgotten if it's good,isn't it? :)

It took me 453,343,214,332,342 years after watching the first episode of MLP for me to actually contribute to the community in some way, shape, or form.

Better late than never,ha? :)

It took me until after the first episode to start to create OCs, so it didn't take me too long to create some ponies for some fun.

You're pretty speedy:)

Edited by ArtemYegorov
  • Brohoof 1

Almost Instantly! HAhahah! Like within the hour! A little while before I watched my first episode of MLP, I got Photoshop and well as soon as I found my true Brony self I was like, "Time to learn Photoshop!" Lol. So I kinda taught myself Photoshop with Ponies Hahahaha!

• Brohoof 1