How fast do you eat?

Zygen

182 users have voted

1. 1. How fast do you eat?

• I'm pretty slow
    • I'm about average
    • I'm a pretty speedy eater
    • It depends
    • What is this... Food thou speakest of?

I have a really fast metabolism, so even if i eat a bunch of sweets i'm still really skinny. 

I'm trying to cut back though in effort to not die by 30. ;p.

And yeah i uppose it takes alot of energy to be awesome duhh.. Like you biggrin.png.

You're having the same problem I see, who knows maybe fast metabolism is just a fancy word for being awesome. Being awesome isn't an easy thing. Don't worry about dying before 30, as long as you eat healthy food between diets it's cool. Also, you say you're a slow eater. It's actually healthier to eat slower, so no worries. As long as you stay awesome, eat healthy and eat slowly you'll live a lot longer then 30.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

I eat really quickly most if the time. I try to slow it down at home, but I usually eat fast. I have eat fast for work though. The tones can go off at any time and I have to drop everything and go, including that food that just got done cooking. So we eat fast so we have a better chance of eating it all.

Yeah, my dad eats fast because he doesn't have alot of time to eat sometimes, or needs to get work done.

My dad also had a friend who worked off of a call and he eats quite fast.

but understandable reason.

You're having the same problem I see, who knows maybe fast metabolism is just a fancy word for being awesome. Being awesome isn't an easy thing. Don't worry about dying before 30, as long as you eat healthy food between diets it's cool. Also, you say you're a slow eater. It's actually healthier to eat slower, so no worries. As long as you stay awesome, eat healthy and eat slowly you'll live a lot longer then 30.

Eh, i'm not really awesome so idk. I guess its cool not having to worry about getting fluffy atleast for now, until my metabolism dies out. 

I eat good enough food, but i've ate quite alot of sweets especially a while ago, heck when I went to my grandmothers a a few years ago i ate like 3 ice cream cones a day... 

I've refrained from doing that though, and i try to eat healthier or less, but darn sweet tooth...

And yeah it is healthier, since it lets you eat less overall and stuff.

I dunno, hopefully i will, but I always have the feeling i'll randomly die from something like a heart attack before then.

dunno.

• Brohoof 1

I usually savor my meals. 

1) You can fully appreciate the flavor of the meal. Although eating quickly to sustain the flavor is a common impulse, the full effect comes from slowing down.

2) Feel full from less food.

3) After years of scarfing down meals and spamming certain snacks, there are often repercussions when I speed eat.

When eating with others, I'm always the last to finish. Mainly because I don't coordinate talking and eating very well, but it happens during quiet meals, too.

Edited by Starlight Sky
  • Brohoof 1

I usually savor my meals. 

1) You can fully appreciate the flavor of the meal. Although eating quickly to sustain the flavor is a common impulse, the full effect comes from slowing down.

2) Feel full from less food.

3) After years of scarfing down meals and spamming certain snacks, there are often repercussions when I speed eat.

When eating with others, I'm always the last to finish. Mainly because I don't coordinate talking and eating very well, but it happens during quiet meals, too.

yeah same here.

And its nice to savor the food to me.

It does make me eat less overall. And plus eating to fast doesn't make me feel good normally afterwards.

yeah same here, even in quiet meals i'm almost always last.

My family complains to me ;p. Especially my brother and my dad who are always on the rush.

I eat desserts faster then them generally though.

Haha yeah its the same for me, whenever there's desserts on the table I eat them up ridiculously fast..and I eat a lot of it too xD

• Brohoof 1

As a college student, there are days (Thursdays) in which poor souls (my fellow classmates and I) eat only because our body requires it (for life-sustaining study energy) instead of for enjoyment.

So yeah, this is pretty much me:

tumblr_inline_mk6tlsWewB1qz4rgp.gif

If I can though, I like to attempt to slow down, but that doesn't always happen.

Edited by CloudFyre
  • Brohoof 3

As a college student, there are days (Thursdays) in which poor souls (my fellow classmates and I) eat only because our body requires it (for life-sustaining study energy) instead of for enjoyment.

So yeah, this is pretty much me:

img-1889850-1-tumblr_inline_mk6tlsWewB1q

If I can though, I like to attempt to slow down, but that doesn't always happen.

Yeah, sometimes i don't have time, in that case i have to scarf stuff down, but normally i have enough time.

I eat quickly. I'm used to having to eat within 5 minutes due to School. I'm usually at the end of the line and I have to pretty much just sit down and eat.

Yeah, i try to get in line as far up as I can, but I go to the bathroom before getting in line, so i can be a good bit down the line depending.

I normally have like 10-15 minutes still though. Out of the 30 we have total.

I can take out a 3/4 lb cheeseburger, a side of french fries, and the accompanying drink in under three minutes, if that answers your question.

Sounds pretty dang fast to me.

I tend to be pretty slow when I eat. It's mainly due to a throat problem and weak saliva. But then again, eating slowly isn't really a bad thing as chewing your food well helps your body get more out of it.

• Brohoof 2

Just ate pasta and 3 brownies,feel great biggrin.png Scarfed them down into pieces. Not only that,but I want another brownie! My little sister should make some more O_o

mmm brownies. :D

My sweet tooth is longing for sweets now...

I tend to be pretty slow when I eat. It's mainly due to a throat problem and weak saliva. But then again, eating slowly isn't really a bad thing as chewing your food well helps your body get more out of it.

I don't have any physical issues, but i do eat kinda slow normally.

but yeah thats true, nothing wrong with it, infact its a good thing in many ways to eat slow.

I don't know anyone who eats faster than i do, i can easily devour a full rack of ribs in a few minutes without trying, i've actually contemplated entering some eating challenges because of how fast i eat when im not trying to eat fast.

Last time i challenged some people to an eating challenge was a few years back at subway, i challenged a bunch of friends to see who could eat a footlong the fastest, i finished mine before they were even half way though :/

Eating is a tedious and boring experience, i prefer to get it over and done with as quickly as possible.

• Brohoof 1

It seriously depends on how my situation is. 

Also, it depends on how hungry I feel at that situation. 

Haha. 

But I try not to look like I am WOLFING my meal down. 

Yeah, it depends alot for me to.

I don't normally go all barbaric with my food ;p, I want to look somewhat civil.. ;p.

I would say I'm pretty average. I don't eat slow, but I don't eat really fast either. One of my friends eats super slow and he takes forever and it's annoying lol

I'm pretty slow ;p, normally that is.

I don't mean to most of the time even, just takes a long time for me to eat stuff ;p.

Depends what kind of food it is. But if I have water with me, then I can eat it in like 1 minute. But without it, I usually take like half an hour if it's not a hotdog :3

I always eat my food then drink something, I don't like interrupting my eating to drink, idk i'm odd ;p.

I don't know anyone who eats faster than i do, i can easily devour a full rack of ribs in a few minutes without trying, i've actually contemplated entering some eating challenges because of how fast i eat when im not trying to eat fast.

Last time i challenged some people to an eating challenge was a few years back at subway, i challenged a bunch of friends to see who could eat a footlong the fastest, i finished mine before they were even half way though :/

Eating is a tedious and boring experience, i prefer to get it over and done with as quickly as possible.

Dang, hopefully you don't accidentally eat the bones ;p.

Haha, maybe you should if your so fast. I'd be interested to see how it turned out ;p.

I think I eat most things pretty fast, like snacks or less warm meals. If something's too hot or really big though, then I'll probably take my time on it, but still try to get it finished as fast as I can, probably. :P

• Brohoof 1

If I love what I'm eating, I eat rather quickly. I even have a habit of not eating my sandwiches all in once piece. :x If I think what's in front of me is disgusting, I'll devour it slowly, painfully attempting to finish it. :/

Edited by Dism
  • Brohoof 1

my eating speed depends on everything!

if the food is not so tasty, or average, I usually eat slow. Unless I was starving, then, if I was starving to the point of eating an entire cow, I pig myself to my plate and finish pritty quick and probably repeat again.

If I am just decently hungry and the food is like delicious, I eat rather fast but not so fast, just average speed.

• Brohoof 1

I used to eat pretty fast.

Mostly because I would take large chunks out of meat and poultry and swallow without chewing.

It became a problem.

So now I make sure to masticate a few dozen times before I swallow.

Slow eater, yaaay!

• Brohoof 1

It really depends what I'm eating or if I'm hungry or not. If I'm in a bad or cranky mood I eat really slow, (dunno why tongue.png) and also what really bothers me is that when I'm hungry I eat super fast and then beg for more and until then, I get massive stomach aches.

Edited by ~Glimmer Lily~
  • Brohoof 1

I...

I think I might be a mutant.

I'm flat stomached, not very tall, but you couldn't say - really - that I'm stocky, or fat at all.

But I weigh almost 200 pounds.

My mouth is arguably small, about 4" wide, not big by any standards.

but I can eat a slice of bread like a soda cracker, with my freakishly pointy teeth. And I drink like a whale.

The first part is probably my bones. But I don't get the rest.

I don't stop eating, and I can eat a box of triscuits in a half a minute.

But I never gain any weight.

I'm confused.

Shouldn't my stomach burst after 2 pounds?

why can I eat 4?

Edited by ElectronDaydream
  • Brohoof 1