Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you want when you die?

verycreativeusername

42 users have voted

1. 1. So yeah, what do you want when you die?

• Decompose somewhere in a quiet place, without a coffin.
    • I want to be cremated.
    • I want to be buried in a cemetery.
    • Other (Quote OP and I'll add it if you want it as a poll choice)
    • I'm not sure yet.
    • Body donated to science
    • In a display
    • Mummified
    • Cryopreserved

What do you want when you die? Do you want to be buried in a cemetery? Cremated? Something else? Tell me.

For me, I want to have some of my organs donated, then decompose away somewhere quiet or in the forest or something so my dead body can have a use for something, and many other reasons, but if I'm rich enough, I might be cryopreserved. How about you?

Edit: Added more poll choices

Edited by Franklin Clinton
  • Brohoof 1

be cremated and spread out on a open field with a lovely view of the landscape some where quite and out of the way 

i think that would be nice 

EDIT 

or put my ashes in some fire works so i could literally go out with a bang 

Edited by HunterScars
  • Brohoof 2

See when I die there are two paths that I'm determined on. First I HEARD that once cremated they can run your ashes through a heat and compression machine that will convert you into a gem or diamond of sorts. The other is to have my ashes spread in Ireland.

I would like to be cremated, before having my ashes thrown into the air from a location of my choosing (pre-death obviously). Once this happens, I wouldn't necessarily be in one place. I'd be always with my family, because my ashes would've merged with the air, ensuring that my body forever remains on this Earth and with my family. Poetic, is it not?

@Frosty V Funny you should say that, cause I'm from Ireland, and it makes me happy that one of your choices would be to have your ashes spread across the soil of the motherland. Pardon me for intruding, but any particular reason why?

Edited by Firebolt Blitz

Wouldnt mind to have when of them green burials wgere i just decompose back to the earth, no embalming fluids or anything. Dont want anyone to come to a geave and be sad

• Brohoof 1

Well, considering I'm going in to the field of Mortuary Science (a mortician to be specific, embalm bodies and pretty them up for viewings and such, a delicate art form and a way of helping grieving families). I want to do something different. I want to have my body put in to plexiglass and sealed in it, instead of a casket, a see-through burial. As long as I die in a way that an open casket would permit (I.E. not drowned and then found, or a shot to the head). Either that, or cremated and then have ashes sent to space. A Mortician's job is never done and has perfect job security.

Personally, if any of my organs have any use to someone, I would want them to have it. Maybe they need a new set of kidneys or a new heart or whatever, I'll give them up. Isn't like I would have a use for them anymore.

Or maybe my body could go for scientific research.

If no one has a use for my organs, then I would like to be buried in a coffin, in a cemetery. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm still quite young and haven't really jumped out into the real world so I don't have any idea of where I'd want to be buried.

I honestly don't want anything fancy, or anything very elaborate. I just want to be put into a casket and lowered into the ground in a nice peaceful graveyard. Preferably in a small town. 

Sky burials have interested me a fair bit. I'm dead, so why not let my corpse provide some usefulness for the wildlife? I know for sure though that I don't want to be buried in a graveyard and become one of the thousand faceless deceased. I'd sooner be forgotten than noticed only by name by the ocassional passer by...

well, when i die i want to have all my organs that can still have a use as donor organs to be removed and donated to other people.

then after that i would like to have my body buried on the graveyard in Kloosterburen, next to my best friend's grave.

I want to be given a viking funeral. My body, my girlfriend, and all of my possessions pushed out to sea on a long boat while the ship gets lit on fire. Best way to go out while contributing to pollution and global warming.

• Brohoof 2

If anyone could use any part of me than by all means they can have it, other than that though I couldn't care less what happens to my corpse after I shake hands with the grim reaper.

I would like to be buried in the woods, with an oak tree planted upon the grounds where I lie. I require no monument other than the tree, which will live long and thrive (I hope) from the nutrients by body leaves in the soil. I feel like this is the best way to continue my existence on earth, beyond my finite conscious presence here.

Also, I think mummification should be an option, this is actually still a viable option.

1. Take all the useful parts (heart, liver, kidneys, etc.) so I can help people who need them.
  2. Put my corpse in a wooden rowboat.
  3. Light the rowboat on fire and send it down the Red Deer river in Canada Alberta.
  4. Don't hold a funeral. Don't be sad for my leaving. Be happy and celebrate for all I have done. Drink beer, have fun. 

That's called The Viking Funeral. It brings honor to the deceased.

• Brohoof 1

My current will states that they are to burn me to a rotten crisp, put my ashes in a whiskey bottle and chuck me down the river while listing to Johnny, I hardly knew ya.

I think cremation would be the route for me. It just seems like the best route for me for a few reasons:

1. If my friends and relatives come talk to me, it's not like I can talk back

2. If I do talk back, be afraid. Zombie apocalypse incoming.

3. After I'm dead, I don't want my friends and relatives coming to visit me. I want my ashes carried away by the wind. I want them to move on. After all, death is the cost of life.