Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did you enjoy the first episode of G4?

~XCOLIDE~

Of course! We were finally given a chance to see the mane 6 in action after several months of waiting. I did get a little lost in Twilight's flashback (I thought that Celestia sent Luna to the moon again, but remembered it was a flashback). I wonder if all episodes will be completely related to the first two, or if most of them can be watched "out of order".

Well, not entirely... although it was good enough that I thought it was worth watching more.  I started with the first episode... the second one sealed the "Yeah, this is alright" opinion.  I can't say which one did it for (I don't think any one did, it was just the characters, lessons, and growth) me. Just over time I loved all of them.  

I went in skeptical, and ended up sticking around.. then kept watching and got hooked when I began noticing silly references to various things...

Like the sarah palin devil pony that made random appearances in Luna ecplipsed..

One moment its sarah palin, the next it was some random curly haired pony.. :P It wouldn't have stuck out so much if they didn't swap them back and forth at least 2-3 times throughout the episode.

Edited by GrimCW

I didn't at first because I caught it during a live stream so it was on season 2 and I didn't know any of the characters or anything, so I found it pretty stupid. Then I watched Equestria Girls and at that point I knew I would love the show. I then proceeded to watch it all and now I enjoy everything about this show!

I mildly enjoyed it. But mostly cringed at it. It was a bit contrived, but at least sufficiently entertaining. At that point, I was still curious about the show's quality and couldn't really make up my mind. The first episode I saw was... the actual first episode of the series, and it's kind of a weak episode anyway, didn't really stand out too much until I kept watching.

I most certainly did. It was actually a lot different than what I expected, like it was actually good.

Also, my very first episode was indeed the very first episode of season 1.

Edited by Digital Tears

The first episode I watched was Boast Busters, and I guess I enjoyed it; I didn't really know what to expect from the show as I was just watching the show randomly. I don't think I would have watched anymore of the show if it hadn't been for Spike's crush on Rarity. I find those kinds of things adorable, and I wanted to see more of it, so I went and watched all the episodes that display his crush in one way or another. That got me interested in the show, and I went from there.

So, I guess I enjoyed the episode; it was an alright episode.

Of course I enjoyed. Curiosity got the better of me, so I started watching the series at the beginning, and it exceed my expectations! I've watched every episode ever since!

The first episode I watched was Read It and Weep, for no reason other than because it was the first episode that came up when I searched on Youtube. My impression of it was mixed. I really liked the voice acting (Rainbow's, especially) but everything else about it struck me aiming too low. I didn't exactly hate it but I just didn't get what all the fuss was about.

A few months later, when an acquaintance of mine started raving about it, I gave it another chance and started from the beginning. I think the rest goes without saying, considering I'm typing this here right now. 

I liked some of the fanart I saw online but avoided the show for a while. When I finally gave in and watched the first episode, I enjoyed it enough to watch a few more, and was more impressed by later episodes. They exceeded my (incredibly low) expectations.