Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Plans or Resolutions for 2014

Geek0zoid

It's pretty cliche to bash new year's resolutions because they often times crash and burn within a few weeks for most. I think this is mainly the case because they are sometimes too ambitious, though sometimes even the simplest ones fail like they did for me so many times. That is, until this past year. 

Going into 2013 I was coming off a really disappointing fall semester. I mean it was awful. I had such high hopes coming into it after crushing PChem the previous year and finally grasping confidence and pride in myself, something that I rarely ever had. It all fell apart and even though I passed all my classes easily, I felt like I had failed myself and it launched me into a deep depression. The worst part was I had nobody to turn to for comfort. I had been such a cynical, anti-social person for so much of my life that I had made no lasting friendships my entire life. Those who I had considered my friends all went their own ways and I blame myself for that. When 2013 came, I made it my resolution to make at least one new friend. Well, I hit a grand slam off that resolution. Now I finally have some true friends I can count on!

This year I want to dig deeper and try and fix a much more critical issue, my self-esteem. I've tried to find solitude in just accepting that I'm worthless and just sucking it up and dealing with it. That obviously hasn't worked. I have no idea how far I'll get but like 2013, I'm going to give it my best shot and hopefully it will be a success.

• Brohoof 2

I have pondered and thoroughly thought about any New Year's resoultions for myself.

My New Year's resolution is:

300 DPI

<chuckle>

On a serious note, I'll try not to be as much of a prick.

• Brohoof 1

Hmmm I can't figure out how to quote things. Oh well..

No one is worthless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So stop saying that. People have low self esteem for many different reasons. I suffered from it for a long time. Until I realized something. 1. I am not worthless.... I had a lot of crappy things happen to me that made me suck at life.....but I can change these things.

2. None of these people are helping my self esteem by treating me like crap, so enough!! I get new friends that are nicer, and actually respect me.

3. As corny as it may sound, the first step is usually looking in the mirror everyday and saying something nice about yourself. You do it a lot and you will start to believe it. Your negative self talk is not reality.

• Brohoof 2

1) My big resolution for next year is to smile more. When I want to be efficient or when I'm working hard, I notice that I become cold and a bit mean. I was like that for about 3 weeks before exam week because of the massive workload and I don't want that to happen again.

2) Do more exercising. Yeah yeah, the typical weight loss resolution that will go down the tubes in a matter of days. I have a reason though, I'm going to be going on a 50 km bike tour summer 2014. I usually go on the 25, so this should be a bit more fun.

3) Get into coop. There are some pretty massive benefits if I do. Better pay, possibility of a job offer, on site experience, and essentially being paid to learn (at a rate higher than my summer job no less...)

4) Learn a new programming language. knowing some C, C++, Python and some very basic assembly is nice, but I want to learn something else on my own time. I'll probably pick up Java or Perl.

I think these are all realistic and obtainable, some of them obviously more challenging than others.

• Brohoof 4

1. Would be to get a job, part time at least.

2. To focus on studying more.

3. If it pops up and I find somebody I like to grow a pair and ask them if they feel the same way about me.

4. To try and make people take me a bit more seriously.

• Brohoof 2

My new years resolution is nothing too crazy or major. Just maybe exercise and gain some more muscle, take more walks, write and RP more, try and make more friends on here. I especially try and keep my relationship with Pink Mist strong and hope that we may survive another year together. I'm really happy that we made it to 2014. That's yet another one of our many milestones. :)

So I hope for the best. I hope this year turns out to be a really fun-filled one.  :D

• Brohoof 2

I do have some plans for this year, yes:

1. Put more work into my videos, and my YT channel in general.

2. Spend more time with my family, especially with my brother and sister.

3. Make at least one song.

4. Stop being so lazy ... yeah that's not gonna happen. xD

EDIT: 5. Reach the Butterfly rank, and after that, the Bunny rank.

And more. :)

As for resolutions, I've only one, and that is to put greater effort into helping Mark (Markiplier) raise money for charity (this year's goal is $300,000). Last year I didn't really do much about that, as I spent more on myself than anything else, but this year I want to change that. ;)

Edited by Sir Jackleberry
  • Brohoof 1

I always end up being really unrealistic with my new years plans and resolutions so this year, I've kept it simple and decided to plan on doing something I know I can achieve. All I want to do is stay creative. I bought a brand new sketchbook with paper that is suitable for all media. When I'm feeling inspired I'm going to work in that sketchbook. Today I painted in it, and we'll see what my next entry will be. I don't want to make it a chore by making myself do it every day, but I do hope to work on it at least a few times a week. Other than that, I'm just going to keep living life to the best of my ability and keep trying to make the world a better place in any way I can.

• Brohoof 2

1. I am going to do my very best and finish college.

2. I will find myself a job.

3. Reach pegasus rank. (This may take two years).

4. Attempt talking to people in the outside world.

5. Try talking to girls and attempting a relationship.

If'n I had a list, it would look similar.

First off, I'd be starting at the Art Institute if I do get accepted.

Second I'd add working on one song at a time.

I want this year to be the year I change from  quiet loner to party machine [like Pinkie :D]

Jammin' to party music, makin' party music all day every day!

I start off the year a Brony, happy as shit, and with Pinkie by my side. It's all uphill from here my friend.

• Brohoof 2

1. Lose weight/Diet
  2. Attempt to get higher grades in school (I currently have straight A's and B's, but meh, I could try harder).

So far the whole diet thing is going fairly well, I'm sticking to it quite easily, surprisingly enough. As for the grades one, I can't really do that until I get my second semester of schoolwork, so I'll have to wait and see the end result. 

• Brohoof 3

I like seeing resolutions about being more creative. Drawing, making music, that sort of thing. Not as common as the usual resolutions of getting a job or losing weight. Maybe more people will stick to them.

One of mine this year has simply been to get more sleep. I'm sick of going to work in the morning feeling half dead. Sure, I enjoy staying up and talking with friends, and will continue to do that as often as I can, but I'll not be staying up until the wee hours of the morning. Perhaps it's just time those unemployed and out of school looked for a job of their own.  :P

• Brohoof 2

I have like 5

1. spend more time outside

2. spend more time with my family

3. to start a YT channel

4. to read a lot more

5. to decide if I should make a tulpa because Iv'e been debating it for like 2 months

• Brohoof 1

One of my biggest New Years resolutions is to put far more effort into learning how to lucid dream than I have so far. I do not know whether or not I will achieve my goal of being able to lucid dream at will this year, but I plan to make significant progress toward that goal. 

I also plan to learn more about philosophy, spirituality, mathematics, and physics.

Last, but far from least, I hope to grow in wisdom regarding life and its experiences. I hope to improve in treating others with kindness and fairness, in thought, action, and word.

• Brohoof 2

i'm doing a lot this year working out at the gym to get heather get better at my guitar playing make better youtube videos work even harder at my job become a ever more cooler uncle and well alot more.

Edited by DragonKing235